Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > TO&Es
Notices

Old July 2nd, 2013, 09:17 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,423 Times in 2,694 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Jets & Planes but no UAV's here.

German OOB now adjusted but they last flew 29th June so 6/2013 in game includes all of June so the end date is 6/13

Don
The Following User Says Thank You to DRG For This Useful Post:
Old July 2nd, 2013, 12:31 PM

Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,237 Times in 925 Posts
FASTBOAT TOUGH is on a distinguished road
Fallout Re: Jets & Planes but no UAV's here.

Don,
Understand (Better now.) your end date. Appreciate the early action, it'll save a little work at my end. I think this is a good time to go "dark" and get to work (, Hey I heard that!!) on this stuff. Thanks again!

Regards,
Pat
Old August 23rd, 2013, 02:20 AM

Lieutenant General

I'll be quick here as I have an early start and will be on the road in the morning. As noted in the previous posts above the Luftwaffe
F-4F issue (Dates) have been resolved. Steve in an unrelated manner sent me the below pics as a coincidence to the topic above. However I was asked to hold them until after they were published in Germany for one of the avaition publications he's an editor for when not acting as a LtCol. in the Luftwaffe active Reserve (What a rough life! ) flying the EUROFIGHTER.
For background a portion of the email he sent on 7/7/13 then enjoy the pics...
"Last week the Luftwaffe put their last F-4F Phantoms out of service, and I had the opportunity in the end of May to make a photo flight to catch the specially painted bird (pic attached). Then I was on my annual reserve exercise in the last two weeks of June, this time in the far south with JG 74 at Neuburg at the Danube. And because our flight test facility at Manching was in the neighbourhood, I had the opportunity to make a photo flight to get pics of their last bird also (pic attached, too). Flight test will operate its remaining two F-4Fs three weeks longer. All the Phantom pics had to be sorted out fast so that the aviation publications I also work for has them in time."

Pics in order of the email portion...

Click image for larger version

Name:	SP_AIR_F4F_JG71_2013_005_72dpi.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	59.1 KB
ID:	12603 Click image for larger version

Name:	SP_AIR_F4F_WTD61_2013_003_72dpi.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	80.7 KB
ID:	12604

Again enjoy I'm off for some much needed R&R.

Regards,
Pat
The Following User Says Thank You to FASTBOAT TOUGH For This Useful Post:
Old December 12th, 2013, 02:21 AM

Private

sabresandy is on a distinguished road

Oh, I've been meaning to ask for a while now, but keep forgetting to do so. Are we going to integrate the US Small Diameter Bomb series? The GBU-39 has been in service for a while now. It'd mean a terrifying number of standoff shots per aircraft.
Old December 12th, 2013, 11:01 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Depending on the source it's either been used, just tested or only next year ready for full production. I know the F-22 can carry 8 plus two AMRAAMs but that's all so if anyone ( Pat ? ) wants to dig into this further maybe we can get it in this next release....maybe

From a game perspective we need to know how that weapon would be any different than a Maverick or a Paveway although it would allow more carried per aircraft. The F-22 in the game that carries 2 1000lb JDAM's could carry 8 GBU-39's.

What I need to know is how it would compare to a maverick or paveway type weapon for the various fields that need to be entered to create a weapon

Also....... Boeing says the weapon has been in use on the F-15E since 2006. We allow the F-15E to carry eight 500 pound paveways so what I need to know is......... is that correct ( according to the website below...... no way ) and if yes then how many GBU-39's will it carry ? It may be that in game terms there is no need to add this as, you may have noticed, the number of slots available for new things is not infinite

Don

Last edited by DRG; December 12th, 2013 at 01:03 PM..
Old December 12th, 2013, 01:00 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Here's a little project for someone ( anyone...... not just Pat )

This

http://www.f-15e.info/joomla/weapons...etric-standoff

offers me clear, concise information on various bomb load configurations for an F-15. Does anyone ( anyone... not just Pat ) know of a website that would give equally detailed information about..... oh IDK...... as a dream every other combat aircraft used in the world ?

Don
Old December 13th, 2013, 02:53 AM

Lieutenant General

Suhiir is on a distinguished road

I wish.
best I could come up with was stuff like :

The F-4 could get off the ground carrying 24 x 500 lb bombs, but the fuel required ment that if the target wasn't at the end of the runway it couldn't reach it and return to base.

People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
Old December 13th, 2013, 03:44 AM

Private

sabresandy is on a distinguished road

Yeah, I've been looking for exact information on loadouts and payloads vs range and practicality for all manners of aircraft for forever now, but hard information is extermely rare. I've found that Greg V. Goebel's invaluable Air Vectors website is pretty good about disambiguating between what could theoretically be carried versus what could actually be carried, up to an extent, so that might be a starting point.

As for the GBU-39, it's been in active service since 2006. The spec sheet says it is as effective versus concrete as a 2000lb Paveway, which I find difficult to believe, but that sounds like it'd be able to knock out just about any tank.
Old December 13th, 2013, 04:47 AM

Lieutenant General

Well I just finished wrapping CINCLANTHOME's Christmas presents that I've gotten thus-an excellent exercise in moral building, patience and precision!?! So my mood is wonderful right now. First Don excellent site, I have a MiG site that offers the same type weapons config drawing for some of the MiG varients. It makes it easier "to see it" for perspective.
So to the GBU-39 or the Small Diameter Bomb (SDB). In regards to the F-22 RAPTOR I have started with my normal search pattern (For both really.) which if I'm lucky will give me my answers right away or confirm some information, provide me with some good pictures should they be needed and hopefully enough data to make it worth my time and others to use as a ref that could (And have.) opened up others unrelated issues. Again there is progression below in the refs.
Two planes were mentioned concerning the SDB, so I'll start with the...
F-15E STRIKE EAGLE...
The answer is up to 12. It will still carry an Air to Air load.
http://www.military-today.com/aircraft/f15_eagle.htm
http://www.af.mil/AboutUs/FactSheets...ike-eagle.aspx
http://www.airforce-technology.com/projects/f15/
See the weapons section for all above.

F-22 RAPTOR...
The answer is 8 plus 2 AMRAAM.
http://www.military-today.com/aircraft/f22_raptor.htm
http://www.af.mil/AboutUs/FactSheets...22-raptor.aspx
http://www.airforce-technology.com/projects/f22/
See the weapons section for all above.

That's what normaly happens "tail end Charlie" gets it in the end more ways then one. Might go beyond the last ref. but for as many years as I've used it now I normally won't. But I always have more along the same lines as ref. 3 (Also note the "Related News" section to the right.) for each of the above.

Many times the answer will require you to find what will hopefully will be a reliable ref. to a particular plane/jet. This much more the case with older planes, contrary to many peoples beliefs, the web data dumps old information just like a library gets rid of old books.
A perfect example is below...
http://burrusspta.org/thud.html
http://www.burrusspta.org/105ordnance.html

This was are our primier Fighter Bomber for over ten years. That being said, someone might be wondering why I kept this site...
hmmm one just never knows does one!?!

It's late and I have to work later today so-good night!!

Regards,
Pat
Old December 13th, 2013, 08:24 AM

General

Imp is on a distinguished road

From my quick look on SDBs seems to me
Stuff in service is for use against installations or stationary targets like say SAM sites.

The penetration is gained because the bomb aligns its body perfectly with the approach vector just before impact meaning it uses ALL the kinetic energy it is carrying.

The one for use against moving targets like armour is a different more complex beast & either isn't in service yet or has not been for that long.

In game terms its harder to distract/jam than its predecessors