.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2 > After Action Reports
Notices

Old November 14th, 2008, 07:54 PM

Captain

RERomine is on a distinguished road
Default Re: DAR: Alam Halfa Ridge

Turn 18

Identification error! Tank previously identified as a Crusader III-CS, was actually a Crusader II-CS. Not a biggie, because at 2500m, it's harmless to my StuGs. Another Crusader III has been seen 200m to the rear of the North objective. The II-CS is near it also. The enemy infantry has stopped resisting and continues to run. Another Bofors has been found 100 meters behind the earlier two. Infantry suppressive fire continued on the 6pdr. A new and now extinct addition to the enemy defense was two truck mounted 6pdrs.

Enemy artillery started coming in again on empty sand. They are trying to hit my infantry, but as long as they keep moving they are safe. The enemy doesn't do a good job of leading targets with artillery.

Casualties

Friendly: Zero

Enemy: Two 6pdr Portees destroyed, estimated 5 casualties.
Old November 14th, 2008, 08:12 PM

Captain

Turn 19

Another Crusader II-CS seen, this one moving forward past North objectives. Currently, the enemy has six visible tanks: two Crusader II-CSs, three Crusader IIIs and one Valentine III. Truck mounted 88s are maneuvering against two of the Crusader IIIs and the Valentine III. StuGs should be able to take out the others. The 6pdr ATG was destroyed by infantry and the Bofors was destroyed by StuGs.

Enemy artillery is still churning up the dirt
Well, I guess not all of it. Mortar fire hit near my infantry.

Casualties

Enemy: One 6pdr ATG and one 40mm Bofors destroyed, estimated 10 casualties.

Last edited by RERomine; November 14th, 2008 at 08:22 PM..
Old November 14th, 2008, 08:48 PM

Captain

Turn 20

My infantry is now starting to fan out and head for all of the objectives. They are 200m from the middle objective, 400m from the South objective and 750m from the North objective. The enemy is making a last gasp effort to stop them. The surviving tanks are starting to move forward. Two unseen truck mounted 6pdrs just popped up also. Of the six enemy tanks remaining, two Crusader IIIs and one Crusader II-CS were destroyed. Another Crusader III and II-CS were damaged. A second 6pdr ATG was found and suppressed by infantry. The crew was last seen running for London.

The enemy mortar is continuing to fire, but all friendlies are out of the impact zone. Counter battery is plotted for next turn.

Casualties

Friendly: Two casualties.

Enemy: Two Crusader III and one Crusader II-CS tanks destroyed, one 6pdr ATG abandoned, estimated 10 casualties.
Old November 14th, 2008, 10:16 PM

Captain

Turn 21

It's not a big surprise but the enemy had infantry posted behind the middle objective. I've got artillery plotted to come in next turn. In the meantime, my infantry and StuGs pinned them down. So far, all I see is a platoon, but I expect more. The last Crusader III came forward and was destroyed. 88s maneuvered and were able to put fire down on the last Valentine III. It survived this turn, but next turn will be different. The truck mounted 6pdrs weren't so lucky. Both died.

Enemy artillery is still hitting empty desert and my artillery came in on the enemy mortar location. Some were dead on, while others need an adjust. I suspect I won't hear from that mortar again because it was on the back edge of the map. Run one hex and they are gone.

The Southern sector came back to life again, sort of. My scouts uncovered two Bofors where the spoiling attack died. A tank platoon will take care of them next turn.

I need to move my StuGs and tanks next turn. They've been sitting in one place too long.

Casualties

Friendly: Three casualties.

Enemy: One Crusader III tank destroyed, two 6pdr Portees destroyed, estimated 5 casualties.
Old November 14th, 2008, 10:41 PM

Captain

Turn 22

Artillery hit enemy infantry positions and seemed to disrupt them pretty well. They took some light casualties. My infantry had stopped heading to the middle objective until it came in. It was still close enough to the to trade small arms fire with the enemy, resulting in casualties on both side. My StuGs are dry on HE and too far away for machine guns. Two enemy reinforcement Crusader IIIs have been spotted moving in. My 88s finished off the Valentine III. There is still one Crusader II-CS, but it's difficult to get shots on target and move at the same time.

Counter battery took out the enemy mortar and crew.

My tanks were too far away from the Bofors to destroy them, but they did hurt the crews some. The half strength scout that took out an enemy 6pdr earlier in the battle joined in and inflicted a few more casualties on one of the crews.

StuGs and tanks moving into new positions.

Casualties

Friendly: Estimated 5 casualties.

Enemy: One Valentine III tank destroyed, one 3in mortar destroyed, estimated 15 casualties.
Old November 14th, 2008, 11:09 PM

Captain

Turn 23

My infantry is advancing again. They are 50m from the South objective, 150m from the middle objective and 500m from the North objective. Enemy infantry is running again. Artillery strikes have them spooked. Unless the enemy has defenses around the North objective, the only threats remaining are three Crusader III tanks coming in as reinforcements. There is the Crusader II-CS, but my StuGs are maneuvering against it.

Counter battery took out the enemy mortar and crew.

Five PzKw IVg tanks maneuvered closer to the two enemy Bofors and succeeded in destroying them.

Casualties

Enemy: Two 40mm Bofors destroyed, estimated 10 casualties.
Old November 14th, 2008, 11:28 PM

Captain

Turn 24

Victory hexes are starting to turn in the middle and South objectives. Consequently, enemy units are crawling out from under rocks all over the place. Three 6pdr ATGs opened up from around the South objective. Infantry destroyed one of them. The three Crusader IIIs were moving toward the middle objective when they were engaged by my StuGs leaving one destroyed and one immobilized. I finally got fire on the Crusader II-CS and destroyed it also. Two platoons of infantry abandoned defensive positions in the North sector and started heading toward the North objective. One tank platoon and MG-42 engaged them and suppressed them. Several turned East in rout.

Due to increased enemy activity, additional artillery calls were made for next turn.

Casualties

Friendly: Three

Enemy: One Crusader III and one Crusader II-CS destroyed, one 6pdr ATG destroyed, estimated 10 casualties.
Old November 14th, 2008, 11:48 PM

Captain

Turn 25

All victory hexes turned in middle objective. Destroyed immobilized Crusader III. The other one popped smoke and ran. Artillery hit enemy infantry beyond the objective and they are also running.

Meeting Resistance around South objective. Destroyed one 6pdr ATG with small arms fire. One still remains, but should be destroyed next turn.

Within 350m of North objective. One 6pdr ATG sighted and destroyed by small arms fire. More are expected. Enemy infantry trying reach objective, but are over 1000m away and being engaged by tanks and an MG-42.

Enemy artillery hitting random locations, but they should be on target soon. Action around the objectives has slowed my infantry. Infantry will push beyond the objectives when possible to avoid becoming artillery targets.

Casualties

Friendly: Estimate 5 casualties.

Enemy: One Crusader III tank, two 6pdr ATG destroyed, estimated 15 casualties.
Old November 15th, 2008, 12:02 AM

Captain

Turn 26

Middle objective still secure and no enemy activity in the area.

South objective captured, but still meeting resistance. Infantry maneuvered against remaining 6pdr ATG and in the process found another. Both were destroyed with small arms fire.

Now within 200m of North objective. Engaged and destroyed two ATR teams and found another 6pdr ATG. Those things seem to be growing on trees! Enemy infantry still attempting to reach this objective, but are taking a beating.

Incoming mail is doing nothing more than annoying the scorpions and dung beetles

Casualties

Friendly: Estimate 5 casualties.

Enemy: Two 6pdr ATG destroyed, estimated 15 casualties.
Old November 15th, 2008, 12:21 AM

Captain

Turn 27

In the process of pushing through the middle objective, infantry found a Bofors. It was engaged by small arms fire, but is still in action.

Still meeting resistance around the South objective. Last (I hope!) 6pdr ATG was destroyed, but another Bofors opened up. It was engaged and destroyed by small arms fire. Still receiving light small arms fire from ATR team and the Crusader III that was last seen running has reappeared and is heading toward the objective. It's within 400m, but two platoons of infantry should be able to take care of it.

Started turning victory hexes in Northern objective after destroying 6pdr ATG. No other resistance at the moment.

Random and harmless incoming mail still arriving. Starting to shift tanks and StuGs to prevent targeting.

Casualties

Enemy: One 6pdr ATG destroyed, one 40mm Bofors destroyed, estimated 5 casualties.