The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > TO&Es
Notices

Old May 27th, 2017, 02:47 AM

Captain

Location: I ain't in Kansas anymore, just north of where Dorothy clicked her heels is where you'll find me.
shahadi is on a distinguished road
Post Re: Israeli Assault Boats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imp View Post
Maybe you have found a bug setting armpr engagement range to zero, it should not engage anything but has a minimum fire range of 2. Might be a problem with the unit class though I dont rember my ATGMs firing at barges unless I set them to.

I would set it up as follows, standard saved setup, might adjust lower armor range for the opponent I am expecting.

35 - Milan range 40 depending on terrain but 35 or so a bit more accurate.
4 - if you let the enemy get that close may as well open up its going to get detected.
4 - as above might vary +_ 1
35 - I want it to fire at ATGM vehicles even if it misses a reaction shot could spoil its shot & save the target.

Unless they are included in formations I always buy units in the following order in defrence to game engine mechanics, prefer that than having formations with scouts etc as second unit.
Having similar units together makes setting filters simple do the formation & also makes finding simple, all AAA together makes cycle through who has a target using P & N keys fast.
Pet peeve finding FOOs in scenerios.

FOOs just for ease of finding could buy last
Squads Foot or truck
Squads Mech
If not part of company
Support weapons MGs etc
Scouts
Any additional support transport vehicles.

Tanks worst first if multiple types normaly so light and armored cars first, occasionaly if using for scouting might buy after main tanks.
ATGMs foot & vehicle
AAA normaly none radar first including MANPADs

Artillery
SEAD
Other air
Can buy after FOOs always artillery first in case you want to suppress AAA, just find it convineint as get arty percentage.

Cross attach to the respective companies and your good to go..
The game reaction fires top to bottom so setting up this way units you want to stay relayivly quite like scouts ATGMs only fire after the other units.

So vs a tank for example if a valid target firing order is
Squads
APCs
Scouts
Tanks
ATGM
AAA gun
Helicopters

Might end up wasting a bit of ammo with things like APCs firing AP with no hope but causes suppresion just in case your tank or ATGM misses giving them a better chance of surviving for a second shot.

Its purely taking advantage of the game mechanics but means you dont need to set up much.

HQ F00 range to 4 or so
Foo vehicle range reduced.
ATGM op filter
Tanks sometimes op filter.

This set up especialy if you have IFVs tanks only fire if they havent dealt with Enemy APCs & infantry so they dont get overly distracted anyway.
There are a few tanks that need micro mamaging & I would buy after ATGMs as there ammo load is critical.
Say 20 AP rounds that need point blank, rear shot or worse but have 3 effective HEAT rounds & mediocre targeting abilities.
We can only buy formations not units, right? Therefore, the designer has to make formations in Mobhack of only one unit. Now, when we want to cross attach say a Scout to a company formation, we can do so by a unit rather than a formation that may include at least two or three scout units.

I run into this problem with setting up patrols. If I set up a patrol by normal formation found in Mobhack, I have maybe three scout units trying to make the patrol waypoints, does not work. So, I go back into Mobhack to create single unit formations.

Otherwise, I think I got it. Great info worth taking notes.

Old May 27th, 2017, 07:27 AM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,853 Times in 1,217 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Israeli Assault Boats

If you need a single unit added, just buy a formation and then cross-attach one (or more) of the non-command units away. Then delete the unneeded formation. If necessary, you can always change the cross-attached units type as well.

As to finding FOOs in scenarios - its really best to buy the observers(s) first. Then they are just below A0 on the HQ menus, so easy to find by calling up an HQ menu and clicking the unit.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mobhack For This Useful Post:
Old May 27th, 2017, 09:14 AM

Captain

Location: I ain't in Kansas anymore, just north of where Dorothy clicked her heels is where you'll find me.

Quote:

I would set it up as follows, standard saved setup, might adjust lower armor range for the opponent I am expecting.

35 - Milan range 40 depending on terrain but 35 or so a bit more accurate.
4 - if you let the enemy get that close may as well open up its going to get detected.
4 - as above might vary +_ 1
35 - I want it to fire at ATGM vehicles even if it misses a reaction shot could spoil its shot & save the target.
The Milan team killed the Mag'ach tank on the second shot. On the next turn it fired a missile down the gut of one of the empty rigid raiders. I filtered that Milan team according to Imp's suggestion quoted above. SMH.

The beach and river assault flags are both off.

Old May 27th, 2017, 09:36 AM

General

Imp is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Israeli Assault Boats

All I can think of is the unit class is not recognised by the op filter.
Try changing the unit class, other option is adjusting the unit so its unarmoured.
Maybe try buying a variety of water craft from different OOBs & set up a test.
If you find one that is targeted as you want just modify the unit or look at its unit class & change the rigid raider to that.
Last resort you could try making it a amphib tank or hovercraft class with land speed of 1 (0 if lets you) Land speed of one would let you drag it to waters edge
Old June 17th, 2017, 03:07 AM

Captain

Quote:
All I can think of is the unit class is not recognised by the op filter.
Try changing the unit class, other option is adjusting the unit so its unarmoured.
Maybe try buying a variety of water craft from different OOBs & set up a test.
If you find one that is targeted as you want just modify the unit or look at its unit class & change the rigid raider to that.
Last resort you could try making it a amphib tank or hovercraft class with land speed of 1 (0 if lets you) Land speed of one would let you drag it to waters edge
I did set up a test, with a tank, afv, hover craft, and various barges, and river craft. The Milan team took out the tank, then the afv, the hover craft and down the line in apparent order of threat.

So, I popped opened a scenario in version 10, applied the test and the vary same results, the rubber boats were targeted and range and filters ignored.