.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > SprueGames > Salvo!

Old March 23rd, 2006, 03:04 AM

Private

rich4421972 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Where\'s the patch?

It seems to me that the only "lively" forums on this whole site are that of Land of Legends and Weird Worlds (and War Engine). Two of those areboth members of the "Coffee Break" games that are becoming so popular.

I'm willing to give Andrew L. a little slack on this one. The game works (at least on my PC). The big problem with some of these older games are many.
The reviews of the game have been abysmal with many sites giving Salvo! low ratings and very unflattering comments. I think that this is how Coliseum (Stormcloud) lost its appeal to potential buyers and users. I believe that Spruegames has devoted almost their entire interest to Ouborous, a new strategy engine that is supposed to be really successful. Andrew is right to say that only now have they started to work on "Salvo!" again.

Compare the interest in this game to the interest in the other "intensive" wargames on this site (i.e. Desert Rats, Danger Forward, the whole Dragoon series and ProSimCo's BCT/ATF games). None of them have great massive followings like the coffee-break games. Dominions is a huge exception to this as is IT 2.

I have personally gotten a lot of kind response from developers by using one-to-one communication over the email
. I have also found that most of them really do have ten projects going at once (one that they're actually doing and nine that they are dreaming about doing).

I guess that is the reason why I would give him a chance and a word of encouragement.
Old March 23rd, 2006, 10:28 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

Annette is on a distinguished road

I just received a note from Andrew that he's finished with the fixes and updates that came out of the last round of testing is ready to begin the final test. Hopefully that will go quickly. Thank you for your continued patience!
Old April 27th, 2006, 06:22 PM

Private

Mystery is on a distinguished road

It's a little disappointing that the game has been out for this long (6-8 months?) and there's no patch. I know new projects demand a lot of time, but I set Salvo aside right after I bought it when it was first available and am wanting to play but not without the needed patch. Please, can anyone offer a rough idea when we might be able to get it?

Thanks
Old April 27th, 2006, 10:09 PM

Second Lieutenant

Andrew Lonon is on a distinguished road

Mystery

A strong candidate for the final version of the Salvo update is currently in testing, and the release of the final update depends –to a large extent- on tester participation. More testers = faster release. So, here is your personal invitation to join the Salvo Update Beta. I am particularly interested in your participation because you have a system/situation that the update NEEDS to fix.

Check out the ‘Looking for a few volunteers! ‘ thread….

http://www.shrapnelcommunity.com/thr...5&o=14&fpart=1

"There is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats." - Ratty
Old April 27th, 2006, 11:13 PM

Private

Mystery is on a distinguished road

Thanks for responding Andrew. Perhaps my use of the word "NEED" was a little extreme. My slight disappointment is not so much that there is no patch yet. It's more that I want to play the game, (after watching a couple of Brit naval movies) but with the adjusted damage levels to be included in the patch. I also read somewhere that the game may get a graphics facelift, another reason to want that patch real bad! So I'm very much looking forward to the following fixes and more, as I understand it.

Battle tweaker. Change ship locations and build squadrons.

Fog error on some systems now fixed.

Adjusted damage levels.

I really wish I had the time to accept your offer to test the patch but I have no interest in multiplayer testing and having to play through every scenario, though tempting, will have to wait till the patch comes out.

Thanks again!
Old May 4th, 2006, 04:06 PM

Second Lieutenant

Andrew Lonon is on a distinguished road

’Ve half vays off making you join ze Beta!’

Just kidding – you don’t have to if you don’t want to, but things are going slow with the testing and ANY additional testers would be a big help. Also – there is no actual ‘Shrapnel Beta Participation Enforcement Squad‘ SBPES that would ruff you up if you failed to test each and every game, at least not yet. That does not mean that Shrapnel (or Sprue) encourages casual testers, but all the testers are Volunteers, and it is understood that people have limited time.

Well – Back to Work.

"There is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats." - Ratty
Old July 21st, 2006, 05:41 PM

Major

Tim Brooks is on a distinguished road

The Patch is here! Upgrade to version 1.5 now! Just go here:

Get the Patch Here