BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT
Notices

Old August 12th, 2019, 11:49 PM

Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,235 Times in 923 Posts
FASTBOAT TOUGH is on a distinguished road
Fallout What keeps me motivated and good new news bout the game.

I am currently away from home enjoying the company of my daughter and grand-daughter (Our Son-in-Law is currently underway somewhere near the Persian Gulf.) in Virginia with of course on this trip for with the ever present CINCLANTHOME who has been both my "anchor" and "homeport" when the sea of life has been both rough or gale like now for almost 33 years.

Most recently for the last several months now we've been dealing a "difficult" matter concerning another family member now resolved, which however after Andy's and Don's announcement caused me to question not my ability to carry on but, my willingness to do so. This has already been brought up and to some degree as been answered.

Note I do not use the word "fire" though it's there if the seas are in a "light chop" but it's the "spark" that comes every once in awhile that seems to keep things fresh for me.

One of my ABSOLUTE best times came a few years back when a handful of players trusted me to look into their "wish list" items over a 2 year period and research them, access value to the players and game, real life contribution to the military they served and so much more before I submitted them. They ALL got in thanks to Don.

So #1 goes to the players. With the "open forum" style we have, we do a great job of keeping each other honest, it can be at times no place for someone who's "thin skinned" and I'm not one that is, if I were my "community" I served in during my military career and the organization I work for now would've "chewed me up and spit me out" but, also s**t me out as well a longtime ago.

Without you there is no game.

A close #2 w/o a doubt Andy and Don. Because, well just see #1 above.

#3 So many of you work so hard to support this game, it's just at times incredible to me, because you just don't hear about this kind of support for any of these type games out there. All the OOB submissions, Scenarios, Campaigns and Mods just amazing and they keep coming. From one of my favorite movies "If you build it they will come" to para phase a little. They have, are and will because of it, keep coming.

Maybe in some respects this could be higher as the media in todays world is so important, but, #4 has to be due to the power of the "web" and the "written word" this from last year and below it where we stand as of 22 July 2019 in the Top 10 from one of the better PC gaming sites out there. It provided that "spark" earlier tonight specially the first one as the article was in depth.
https://www.wargamer.com/articles/on...r-to-winspmbt/
https://www.wargamer.com/articles/mo...old-war-games/

Back to this much needed vacation. Tomorrow night it'll be
https://irishpubnorfolk.com/ for my second 60th Birthday party within the last month and a half. Stop by if you can and to make it easy on you, I'll be having a Tullamore Dew with Smithwicks (pronounced Smit'icks.) and feel free to order yourself whatever you want!!

Have a great week! We're going to, at least 10 degrees cooler, 1/2 the humidity and the best part, no protective gear on. No fun when it feels like 102-110 degrees out with all the humidity that comes with it and like it's been most of this Summer. Where's a nice dry desert when you need one!?!

Stay Strong! What doesn't kill you makes you tougher.

Regards,
Pat

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..

Last edited by FASTBOAT TOUGH; August 13th, 2019 at 12:01 AM..
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to FASTBOAT TOUGH For This Useful Post:
Old August 13th, 2019, 12:33 AM

Lieutenant General

Suhiir is on a distinguished road
Default Re: What keeps me motivated and good new news bout the game.

I'll second this.

Many years ago I got annoyed by the USMC OOB.
While pretty much accurate in terms of administrative organization it in no way represented the combat organization. So I created an alternate OOB based on the official one that was about 95% compatible with it (but in no way compatible with the picklists). One day Don basically said "Here's a pile of information on the game mechanics, picklists, etc. If you don't like it YOU do it better."

Over the years Don's chewed me out numerous times for stupid mistakes and typos, but never once has he failed to incorporate something I could verify as accurate (and within the capability of the game code).

Several times I've contacted Andy to clarify how the code behind the game handles things and he's always been generous with his time and answers.

People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Suhiir For This Useful Post:
Old August 14th, 2019, 08:28 AM

Corporal

anlubue is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by FASTBOAT TOUGH View Post
60th Birthday party
Many thanks for the invitation and a nice evening for everyone. I'm drinking tonight on your health and for another 60 years to come.
The Following User Says Thank You to anlubue For This Useful Post:
Old August 14th, 2019, 11:52 AM

Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,235 Times in 923 Posts
FASTBOAT TOUGH is on a distinguished road
Fallout Re: What keeps me motivated and good new news bout the game.

Let me just say it was a wonderful time! Excellent company (A couple of crew and wives from 30 years ago from my days on the USS Providence SSN-719. Not only does "Pride Runs Deep" so do the friendships. In gewisser Hinsicht sind wir alle Genossen!),food drink and entertainment!!

For the Germans out here maybe I'll see you between Berlin and Bavaria in '22.! We're having the U.S. cousins meet the German cousins reunion!

But thank you!

Regards,
Pat

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..
Old August 14th, 2019, 10:54 PM

General

Imp is on a distinguished road

May you party long and hard Pat

Rated 4th and the game is how old that is some achievement I liked the line "I wonder what that says about the rest of the industry?"

I recently bought a new computer and put the old one in the loft specifically so I can run these games if they become incompatible with new operating systems. Just realised this is the only game that has a permanent space on my hard drive, in fact it has two its installed on my backup drive as well.