.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > Campaigns, Scenarios & Maps
Notices

Old March 25th, 2009, 10:04 AM

General

Imp is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Map Database

Argh if it does not work say I may have exported in the wrong format. using another database to actually do it in as find it clearer but most people will not be able to read it.
Posted in your database thread going to delete 4 terrain fields & just put general short description of map in its place. I could then add a field which used a letter or one word to allow people to search based on map type so Urban River Farm U R T that way you could look for a map thats farmland defender on the left if thats what you are after.
Old March 26th, 2009, 04:13 AM

General

Default Work in progress

Done 70 odd WW2 maps so far nearly a quarter of them so thought I would post a couple of pictures for comments on any other fields required remembering I have several hundred maps to go through. Remember finnished product is a database so fully sortable the 2 pictures show most fields for the first 14 maps sorted in map order. There are afew more fields to allow easy sorting with things like winter, dessert, river, amphib, city put in so far

Key
D< MT >D Map suited for defend left, meeting, defend right as judged on sensible objectives.
X means yes
? Up to you a few maps are hard to call
@ look at notes

The most common note is "Add 10 hexes on attackers side or delay only"
What this means is the deploy line for the defender could do with being shifted a couple of hexes to allow them to set up say in a town along a river bank or whatever. If its a delay they could reach it in one or 2 turns but if dug in assume you do not want to move so adding 10 or so hexes to the attackers side of the map will shift the deploy line to a sensible position for defence.

Note I think most of these maps were made for scenerios so it is not fair of me to judge which are best & vica versa so if I think it could be used for a meeting type I have said so. Some are far better than others & if you want to assign them ratings of say 1-10 when you play them feel free to change the X to a number.

Adding width to a map is relativly easy & it generaly does not need to be to special as its in the attackers start area so hopefully will see limited action. Quick fix esp if not hilly cut & paste a strip then add or delete a few trees till it looks okayish, 5 minutes work & you can save it if you like it.
Comments thoughts please.

Will probably post finnished in excel or open office format but my excel is old suppose I should check for an update
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Left Pane.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	92.8 KB
ID:	7971   Click image for larger version

Name:	Right Pane.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	56.6 KB
ID:	7972  
Old March 26th, 2009, 10:46 AM

General

Default Re: Map Database

Mr half a brain here rather than adding 10 to the attackers side you could take 10 off the defenders side