.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Scenarios, Maps and Mods

Old April 14th, 2010, 05:36 PM

Corporal

Globu is on a distinguished road
Default Lankan Kharahasara Mod v1.5: Bloodthirsty Demon Rabbit Warriors of Lanka

I am now maintaining this mod at the new site, where version 1.51 is available. Please check the mod page there for the latest updates, as the version here is now obsolete.

Lankan Kharahasara Mod
Version 1.5

UPDATE APR. 19, 2010

Added dual-kukri-wielding black Kharahasara sprite. I'd really like feedback on whether this visually works, or if the two swords just kinda blur together and don't come across well at scale. Adjusted sword-and-shield black Kharahasara sprite a bit. Kharahasara Tribe site and Kharaharaja commander now enabled by default. Kharaharaja now has slightly lower chance of blood magic (50% -> 40%). Not much, but I thought it better to have at least a nod toward uncommonness.

(The new Kharaharaja is pictured at bottom-left in the new version of the preview.)

DESCRIPTION

Based on a request from my 5-year-old son for "bunny warriors," I ended up making a little addendum for Lanka involving "Kharahasara," sacred Rakshasa rabbit warriors. In case anyone was interested in it for whatever reason, or felt that Lanka was just not complete without BLOODTHIRSTY DEMON RABBIT WARRIORS, I thought I'd release it generally.

The original name, tongue-in-cheek, was "Bunisara," but, looking up the word for "rabbit" in an online Hindi-English dictionary, I found "kharaha" serviceable (of the three words available), and thus, Kharahasara. The optional commanderized version is the Kharaharaja. Apologies to any and all familiar with Hindi if I have slaughtered the word in some way.

I am not quite sure how balanced this is as a serious addition, but I have tried to balance it and keep a quality approach to it. (And appreciate any feedback on better balancing it.)

As shown in the preview, the rabbit comes in five variants:
  • Black Kharaharaja commander with dual-wielded blades (default).
  • Black Kharaharaja commander with blade and shield (alternate).
  • Grey Kharahasara with blade and shield (default).
  • Reddish-brown Kharahasara with spear and shield (alternate, recruitable by default at magic site but not by Lanka).
  • Light-brown Kharahasara with pole-arm and shield (alternate). Hey, they're strong.

The mod includes a unique magic Blood site, "Kharahasara Tribe," that makes Kharahasara recruitable by the owner of the province. It is enabled by default, but can be removed or commented out if desired. It is on site #820.

It's a small, gratuitous little mod (as if Lanka isn't already awesome with great troops and flavor), but I must confess I'm kinda fond of the little guys now, and thought it appropriate to release them before they're run over by a Rhududu.

Anyway, without further ado, I present the BLOODTHIRSTY DEMON RABBIT WARRIORS of Lanka. Be afraid, dear fellow Dom3 players, be very afraid.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Lankan Kharahasara v1.5 [Globu] - Preview.jpg
Views:	304
Size:	56.8 KB
ID:	9946  
Attached Files
File Type: zip Lankan Kharahasara v1.5 [Globu].zip (882.9 KB, 165 views)

Last edited by Globu; May 16th, 2010 at 06:47 PM.. Reason: Update to v1.51
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Globu For This Useful Post:
Old April 15th, 2010, 04:41 AM

Second Lieutenant

Swan is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Lankan Kharahasara Mod v1.3: Bloodthirsty Demon Rabbit Warriors of Lanka

This is the one of the most twisted things i ever saw, after the mario-inspired nation.
Think i'll play it as soon as possible

Emo worm's summons
Prydain, deathborn kingdom
Nameless city expansion pack feat. swan's herd
Venexia, the most serene republic
Old April 15th, 2010, 03:44 PM

Corporal

Default Re: Lankan Kharahasara Mod v1.4: Bloodthirsty Demon Rabbit Warriors of Lanka

Why, thank you, Swan.

Updated to v1.4. Redownloads are in order. I had put the nation modding commands in my house .dm file, instead of the mod's .dm. It now includes all required commands, and should work properly. It also includes an optional unique Blood site (#820) for fun with rabbits with *any* nations.

More reason to be afraid. They've got big, 'orrible teeth, you know.
Old April 15th, 2010, 05:36 PM

BANNED USER

pyg is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Lankan Kharahasara Mod v1.4: Bloodthirsty Demon Rabbit Warriors of Lanka

S[l]ick!
Old April 19th, 2010, 10:02 PM

Corporal

Default Re: Lankan Kharahasara Mod v1.5: Bloodthirsty Demon Rabbit Warriors of Lanka

New version up; the main addition is a dual-blade-wielding version of the Kharaharaja (commanderized version).

All content is now enabled by default.

I would very much like feedback on whether the new dual-wield sprite works the way I did it -- I wonder if the swords kind of blend together when the sprite is viewed at normal size. Is it good, or do I kinda need to move it?

I was also thinking about giving the guy a short blade in the off-hand, rather than two long blades as it currently is.