.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > Vietnam Campaign Project
Notices

Old September 29th, 2005, 09:57 AM

Colonel

Pyros is on a distinguished road
Default BUGs / ISSUEs with Patch version2.0

1. (from jvankessel) : Offmap rocket artillery missions assigned in the deployment phase, get executed at the end of the opponent's first turn. (This might also be the case for other offmap varieties; I haven't checked).

Pyro's Note: Once I confirmed the issue but after a while when I tried to check something the arty worked fine and arrived at 0 delay (pre-designed at setup phase)
So, I put it here only because it happened once for me (NOT TWICE), I have assigned OFF-MAP rocket arty at 1.3 and it arrived at the end of turn 3.
__________________________________________________ ________

2. (from jvankessel) : The hidden/visible map entry/exit button for air missions, doesn't work while assigning airborne drops. (Workaround: Go back to regular artillery; select the entry/exit path and then go to airborne drops to assign the mission(s)).

3. If you put 2 ammo containers in the same hex and you destroy one of them; if there is a secondary explosion during the destruction you will experience a CTD.

4. The "full move recovery" bug has been mentioned and it seems that these are the conditions:

1. the unit has done full move (0 move points left)
2. The units is suppressed and pinned
3. The unit has received op fire

My impression is that this issue is connected with a positive morale check while the unit comply with the previous mentioned conditions.

5. Side-effect of reaction turn 98
Sadly, it seems there is a problem in the new EXE 2.0.
This was caused by the modification of the reaction turn with the addition of REACTION TURN 98. This has somehow, altered (erased) the setting of REACTION TURN 99 as default on every unit in delay/defend scenarios.
As a result, the AI won't behave normally in delay/defend scenarios/campaigns.

Another secondary side-effect was the fact that any unit/formation (with reaction99) that follows ( A->, B->, C0, C1, C2 etc...) a unit/formation with REACTION 98 won't behave like 99 but rather like 98.
I have run some scenario tests on this one but, (at one point ) it seems that this issue was not anymore reproducable (although, I manage to reproduce it for 3-4 battles - I will investigate it later).

6. Problem if the force list contains (OFF-MAP) Air assets:
While in the deployment phase when I press the N-key I am able to see (inspect) each of my units (including OFF-MAP air assets).
The problem is located when I press the G-key; I can't trace the Air formation because the G-function ignores/skip any (OFF-MAP) air formation.

7. Shift of "air attack":
With an FO each shift of Air strike (up to X.5) cost 0.1 (0.0, 0.1, 0.2, 0.3, 0.4, 0.5) exept the last one (X.5 ->) that cost 0.5 (0.5 -> 1.0, 1.5 -> 1.5).
My question is if it is normal after the 0.5 -> 1.0 to have 1.0 -> 1.1 and the 1.2, 1.3, 1.4, 1.5, 2.0, 2.1, 2.2 ... etc
Shouldn't this be 0.5 -> 1.0 -> 2.0 (instead of 1.1)?

8. (***REPRODUCABLE***)
I experienced an issue while I was reforming a custom scenario. This issue has to do with the wrong order in the "UNIT LIST" (see my second post in this thread)
What I did is the following:
1. Load in the editor CUSTOM SCENARIO
2. Delete all (exept HQ) for player1 (US 1965)
3. Buy new forces for player1 (US)
4. Delete all forces for player2 (NVA)
5. Select as ally the VC and buy one militia squad.

The result of this action was (***REPRODUCABLE***) that the later Militia squad index (->B) was placed above the HQ index (->A).

note: if you dlete the formation A-> HQ, the game will stop responding (look picture -4th post)

9. (This is a very minor issue) In a custom scenario I have seen near the edge of the map a lot of tracea of artillery smoke (just in one hex) but there wasn't any unit in this hex nor this hex was targeted by artilley attack. If requested I may provide the savegame of the this(see 3rd post for picture).

10. In a defend/delay game with very few turns the AI may assign as "Reaction turn" values as the following ones:

250, 255, 0
Old September 29th, 2005, 08:28 PM

Sergeant

Listy is on a distinguished road
Default Re: BUGs / ISSUEs with Patch version2.0

Quote:
Pyros said:

4. The "full move recovery" bug has been mentioned and it seems that these are the conditions:

1. the unit has done full move (0 move points left)
2. The units is suppressed and pinned
3. The unit has received op fire

My impression is that this issue is connected with a positive morale check while the unit comply with the previous mentioned conditions.

If by that you mean a Unit Rallies then has Full movement and shots restored, then that was in the Dos version of the game.
True you needed to do something realy screwy to get it to work like putting the Rally up to 250%, but it was there.

Might It not have somethign to do with the code that alows a unit once rallied to move as normal. By that I mean (for example) a pinned unit can only move 1 square, but A rallied unit gets it's full movement?
Old September 30th, 2005, 09:59 AM

Colonel

While reforming a custom scenario, I experienced the following:

Each new unit was taking the correct index number but it was positioned in the top of the A -> HQ (look at picture)

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 384037-HeadQlist.JPG (96.0 KB, 552 views)
Old September 30th, 2005, 04:24 PM

Colonel

This is the picture of the Ghost smoke arty trace;

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 384175-gost-smoke.JPG (115.3 KB, 553 views)
Old September 30th, 2005, 05:12 PM

Colonel

If you delete the HQ on Issue No8 then the program will stop responding:

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 384190-CTD HQ.JPG (138.0 KB, 555 views)
Old October 2nd, 2005, 03:40 AM

Colonel

Here are 2 screenshot at turn2; the first is taken from version 2.0 and the second is taken from version1.0

In version2.0 the 90% of the AI controlled units have left their positions on turn2 (AI defending), while on the version1.0 only the 10% of the AI controlled units have left their position on turn2.

In both generated battles the turn limit was set to 2, so I quess that the difference between them (percentage of units moving) should be explained by the counter attack mechanism (maybe in a 2-turn battle all units are counter-attacking on turn1-2)

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 384488-aaa.JPG (237.0 KB, 539 views)
Old October 4th, 2005, 05:27 AM

Colonel

In a defend/delay game with very few turns the AI may assign as "Reaction turn" values as the following ones:

250, 255, 0

cheers,
Pyros