.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2 > After Action Reports
Notices

Old January 31st, 2009, 09:18 PM

Corporal

m113apc is on a distinguished road
Default Re: DAR-Germany vs. UK Long Campaign 44-45

Ohh they are there Bob.
Pounding on my SPAs in the rear.

Certain is it that there is no kind of affection so purely angelic as of a father to a daughter. In love to our wives there is desire; to our sons, ambition; but to our daughters there is something which there are no words to express." -Joseph Addison
(I have a daughter; I had to put this on)
Old February 1st, 2009, 07:08 PM

Corporal

There where at least 2, maybe 3 Companies of infantry north of the canal, this I saw when the game was over on the map.
My two Panthers, that where on security detail at the bridge dealt with them, one at a time, and knocked out about a platoon before the game ended.

My 170mm arty managed to knock out the bridge in 101.
And good was that, since I dint had any forces left to secure that bridge.

201/5 was taken easy, I met no resistance. One 40mm AA engaged one of my Panthers and was dealt with.

The area north of 201/5 swarmed with trucks, my Panthers had a great turkey shoot.

The enemy on hill 201/1 was a nut, it took me a long time, with much arty to break that deadlock. And it cost me two Panthers in the beginning, and three Flammpanzer III, and one Moebelwagon-3,7cm total in this area. The good news is that I managed to save two of the three Brandenburger units that where cut of on that hill.

In 301/2 I lost three Sdkfz 251/1 and one StuG IV.
I also lost several infantry units in this area, in the end this sector involved two of my infantry Companies, one StuG Company (-), several Sdkfz 251/1 vehicles and other support units like StuH and Flammpanzer III. In the end, it also involved one Tiger and one Tiger II, since there were several armor units heading in to the area. I lost my StuG IV to a Churchill here. I also lost one StuG IV to a Churchill in the far west of the combat area, after its hunt for enemy arty. There I also lost one Sdkfz 251/1.

Further south in 203/1 and 203/2 there where fighting with scattered units, but they were dealt with without any problems.

The game ended with a marginal victory.

EOM...

Certain is it that there is no kind of affection so purely angelic as of a father to a daughter. In love to our wives there is desire; to our sons, ambition; but to our daughters there is something which there are no words to express." -Joseph Addison
Old February 10th, 2009, 07:24 PM

Corporal

My second round was a failure from my part.
Since my enemy was struck by a giant tsunami (see this tread).

My third round was also a blast, after spending a whole evening deploying my troops. Start the game, meeting engagement.
Get arty fire all over, one round of 155 knock out one Sdkfz 251/1 with my SS Panzer grenadiers, and one Jabo knock out one of my Sdkfz rocket arty. Game ends, and I am granted a special battle, a delaying battle, with a good chance of promotion if I do well.

So, this is my next move.
Still in the deployment face, but now I’m off to bed, since I have to get up to work tomorrow, and play with the real thing.

Take care all.