.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > Campaigns, Scenarios & Maps
Notices

Old July 10th, 2005, 10:41 AM

Private

KingTiger is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Deployment in scen. via a user campaign.......

Ok, i just did some more testing. This time i bought 2 platoons of tanks and 1 platoon of artillery(nothing more) Against the AI's 5000 point Army and won WTF!! This is same scenario(me defend--AI assault) I noticed at end of game, the AI moved better this time, but still had plenty of units(armor and apcs) stuck, or appeared stuck in certain points of map. this map IS a fairly Urban(city) Map, which normally Infantry do better, but theres plenty of room for the AI's Armor to go around bldgs. etc.

So as of now, my only major issues are....

1.) The wrong mission statement in mission screen(River Assault listed on AI's side,nothing on Humans side- and its a Defend scenario for Human, and Assault for AI)
2.)AI getting units stuck at certain points of map(no this isnt caused by immoblisation...Like 5 AFV's just sitting in corner of Map, or in front of a Building).
3.)Helo taking evasive action, with no units on map that can hit it(range wise) on first turn. However when testing last game, my AFV's shot at first Helo, and never saw him again. The second Helo, just sat back and did nothing.
Old July 10th, 2005, 10:42 AM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,853 Times in 1,217 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road

Quote:
KingTiger said:
Andy,

I think you misunderstood me. I know where the mission button is located(at purchase screen). My point was, when i go into this certain scenario to test it out, it says NOTHING for TYPE of mission. All the other stats are there(date,location,sides,etc...jus no TYPE of mission/battle)
However after a lil more extensive testing, i have noticed for the Human side(the side im talking about)it does this, BUT, for the Computer side, it says River Crossing. Now this makes NOOO sense, seeing as the scenario is set up as a defend scenario with the AI assaulting. I do have a stream in the map, but its NOT a wide river. Also, another probelm i see is, after the AI takes most of the VP's and, at the end of the game(view map)80% of his Army is all jammed up in the top-left hand corner(odd to me). One more thing, i find strange... First turn of the AI's move, 1 of his helicopters takes evasive action, and exits map. Now you may think, "well what units do u have on the map, to cause him to do this?" The ONLY unit on the map for Player 1(human) is the Headqtrs, and he's waaay outta range. I only have the Hdqtrs. on the map, just to keep ending turns, to make sure AI is actually assaulting.

Any thoughts???

KingTiger
if it thinks it is a river crossing assault - you have the "wide river" flag set. See the help on clearing that flag. (you may have inadvertently set it by pressing the wrong keys?).

What battle type is shown when you have the scenario loaded in the editor?.

The AI can mass in the top, middle or bottom of the map sometimes - the old SP2-3 "greek phalanx" predictable deployment in rows in the middle of the map is long gone.

Did the helo land something? - they retire "evasively" automatically after dropping troops. Armed transport helos with a decent weapon (rock pods say) may well then return and "sniff around" - unarmed or mg-only ones will retire off map after dropping troops as usual. (It may well decide to get lost if it was empty at the start, for some reason - that would usually only be because of lack of enough passenger canditates which is rare ). But it seems to me (you did not differentiate between transport or attack helos) - that you are describing norml unload and run off the map AI transport helo behaviour.

Cheers
Andy
Old July 10th, 2005, 10:48 AM

Private

Andy,

No, i saved the Map, in maps, and the scenario, in scenario files. How do i attatch, and what files do you need exactlly? Just the 2 scen. files? cmt. and dat. file?

Kingtiger
Old July 10th, 2005, 11:23 AM

Private

Ahhh, ok your explanation of the Helo clears that up. Yeah i have 2 Helo's that have only mg's, carrying troops. As far as the winde river deal, you were correct. I did have the hotkey enabled Im still confused to the AI massing troops in corners and in front of Buildings. Are you saying this tends to happen, and there nothing that can be done? Thnx for your assistance, its making this game all the much more enjoyable.

KingTiger