World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT
Notices

Old June 23rd, 2005, 11:58 PM

Private

mamnich is on a distinguished road
Default Introduction?

Dear Guys,
Just downloaded and tried. When I select to show the introduction, all I get is a grey screen of rough stone on outside with horizontally streaked center and no sound. Is this all you get for an introduction? I'm running full screen, 640x480 and 800x600, on a 667mhz, 191mb RAM, WinME machine.
Thanks,
Mike
Old June 24th, 2005, 01:52 PM

Second Lieutenant

FJ_MD is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Introduction?

The introduction is a static image of a tank, with the logo of the Camo Workshop, Shrapnel games, and the name of the game itself with a subtitle! When you hit escape the game will begin with the main menu page!

Old June 24th, 2005, 11:40 PM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,853 Times in 1,217 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Introduction?

Quote:
FJ_MD said:
The introduction is a static image of a tank, with the logo of the Camo Workshop, Shrapnel games, and the name of the game itself with a subtitle! When you hit escape the game will begin with the main menu page!
The splash screen is a directshow application (same DirectX technology as used for the MP3 sound system) but using its video cpability to show a static image in full-screen mode.

If that is not working, then you may well have sound problems as well once you get into the game.

However - if not - then just set the "show introduction" item to off in the Game Options control panel.

DirectShow seems to be the problem we are having (strange codecs or programs like perhaps WinAMP which have taken control of the DirectShow System).

I'm trying to zero in on whatever is causing these DirectShow problems on some machines. There were absolutely no problems with the sound system on the playtesters machines, the game was tried on 20+ entirely different systems with different O/S and CPUS etc.

My hunch at the moment is pointing to user-installed MP3 and or video players, and the codecs for these, especually anything that is overriding the vanilla microsoft supplied MP3 codec.

As more info comes in from the users, we will zoom in and find whatever the problem is.

Cheers
Andy