BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > TO&Es
Notices

Old April 28th, 2018, 03:33 PM

Sergeant

Weasel is on a distinguished road
Default Turkey SAM utility vehicle

Setting up a game in 2018 as Turkey, purchased SAMs, in this case Patriot, and deployed them with their utility vehicle. The problem is, of the Hercules, Rapier, Hawk, Bora and Patriot in the OOB only the Rapier will load on the utility vehicle as it is a "1" and the rest are a "2", thus there is no mobility for the other SAMs. Should not a heavy truck or something also be included in the purchase area (not sure what you call the areas where you buy the units)?

Of course, you can always buy them separately but many other things come with the weapon and a vehicle that can transport them.
Old April 28th, 2018, 04:29 PM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,853 Times in 1,217 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Turkey SAM utility vehicle

There is a formation whose name is "Mot Rapier battery" and also one entitled "Mot Rapier Platoon". There are no other motorised area SAM formations.

The first hint is likely in the name (rapier) given in the formation, as well as perhaps the fact that light trucks are the default carrying vehicle.

The OOB designer likely wanted a rapier formation, tried it with rapier missiles, which fit the light trucks supplied by him and did not think that end users, seeing the "rapier" in the title, would try loading heavier stuff whenever that was done by him many moons ago.

Additionaly, now that the new code that checks trucks carry capacity will show NO available utility vehicles to choose from under that heading, if the selected missile will not be able to be carried. The default utility vehicle chosen will show in the RHS window even if there is no fit since it has to show something there, and if the end user merrily buys the formation with the "red flag" warning of no utility vehicles being listed to choose from (or the only one if there is one such) - then that is the end users fault!.

If no vehicles of the carrying type are listed under its class name in the selection window (LHS) then you should select each potential missile in turn, and once one is found that fits the trucks, or whatever the OOB designer chose as the carrier type, then that section will show some choice(s) other than none.

So, if it says "Rapier battery" and you chose Patriots, with no carriers shown able to carry those then don't expect them to fit. You will still get the "default" carriers - the formation has those inbuilt - but they will be too small.
Old April 28th, 2018, 08:39 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,687 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

I'll need to look into this one.......something's not right I just have to figure out what it is and if it's a new problem or an old one

EDIT........ it's a "problem" that has been around for years....you are just the first person to notice / report it..

The formation should be set up like the British one as " towed rapiers " with the proper Icon.....so as SP sams NOT "area" sams.......you don't find Patriots as being mobile in the US OOB and should not be here either. I will need to spend some time sorting this out including wading through the picklist to make sure there is no draw from that formation.

Good catch

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....

Last edited by DRG; April 28th, 2018 at 08:58 PM..
Old April 28th, 2018, 09:04 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,687 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Exclamation Re: Turkey SAM utility vehicle

The solution was to create a new Towed Rapier as a SP SAM just like it is set up in the Brit OOB then those two Mot Rapier formations are removed. Then the two SP SAM formations moved to the artillery menu where they belong.... NOT under " armour"

That was a decade+ old problem solved. I traced it back to 2005 but I'm betting it's been borked since the OOB was first written so let's say since 2002 it's been like that.

Don

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....

Last edited by DRG; April 28th, 2018 at 10:26 PM..
Old April 28th, 2018, 11:32 PM

Sergeant

@Mobhack: Thanks for the explanation, I appreciate it. I never caught on with the "rapier" vs "SAM", just went in one ear and out the other. In that case, as I believe DRG is saying, the other missiles should not be shown as part of that pick list of "motorized rapier", only rapier missiles should be. At the same time, even though I noted that the platoon came with light trucks, there was no way of actually checking the lift capacity of the truck without digging into other areas like mobhack or the encyclopedia. What would be nice, but obviously could not be done, is if you pick rapier it shows the trucks in the right hand unit screen, but if you pick patriot they are not included if you had a choice of vehicles and you picked the wrong one (light truck vs heavy for instance in the left hand side). Like I said, it would be nice but is probably way beyond the SP coding and would involve editing a ton of oob.

@DRG: thanks for checking this out.
Old April 28th, 2018, 11:40 PM

Sergeant

***I just remembered, looking at the rapier picture in the game, that they are on a small trailer like we use to tow behind our jeeps; yes much smaller then a patriot that is for sure!***