.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old July 16th, 2010, 03:40 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

ano is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Noobs and Vets II: Days of Infamy. MA, BI. Game Over. Supplicants Triumph!

Well maybe, but from what I understand these spells just give an identical effect. Phoenix Power would do the thing anyway.
Old July 16th, 2010, 03:46 PM

Major

Wrana is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Noobs and Vets II: Days of Infamy. MA, BI. Game Over. Supplicants Triumph!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Septimius Severus View Post
As an aside, I recently downloaded a copy of Daggerfall, that I've been wanting to delve into (retro-gaming). I rather enjoyed Morrowind, and I heard that Daggerfall (though the graphics are far outdated and less detailed) was even grander in scale.
Well, I like Wizardry series more, even though it had weaker graphics and you had to write down all quests & hints by hans. Morrowind was beautiful, but...
As for space games I think that there wasn't anything greater than ye goode olde Star Control. Of course, I don't like flight simulators in general.
Old July 16th, 2010, 03:56 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Gandalf Parker is on a distinguished road

As space games I would list Stars! and Space Empires IV (but not SE-V) as being enjoyable for the same reasons that Dominions 3 is enjoyable to me. Lots of setup options and different styles to play.
Old July 16th, 2010, 09:44 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

Septimius Severus is on a distinguished road

Star Control was nice, for a space battle simulator. As I recall though, the early ones at least weren't massive 4x type games. I loved Starflight, and Omnitrend's Universe series.

Turns out Daggerfall holds the world record for the largest game world ever made. Hundreds of times larger than WOW and larger than any MMORPG or any other game world apparently yet made including LOTRO.

Be harmonious, enrich the soldiers, and scorn all other men.
-Emperor Septimius Severus, to his sons shortly before his death, quoted in Dio Cassius (77.15.2).
Old July 16th, 2010, 10:25 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Gandalf Parker is on a distinguished road

The cool thing about Daggerfall is that you can gain a hero reputation in one territory then become a hated villain in the next door territory. Kill the guards, steal their armor, escape across the border to your home territory and sell it at great prices because of your fame.
Old July 17th, 2010, 06:55 PM

Major

Wrana is on a distinguished road

Considering Daggerfall - Yes, but I still like Wizardry quests more. And there you could have quite different reputations for different factions, too. Actually, you could even spy on one faction for another.