.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old February 3rd, 2013, 12:10 PM

Corporal

Jolly Roger is on a distinguished road
Admin Re: Game,HoC - House of Chains. Non NewB. Submit Pretenders

Gentlemen,

Wiki said, the effects of Strands of Arcane Power work inside FRIENDLY DOMINION only ! So the mages and pretender of the Ogres must have been inside Ermor dominion.

Cheers, Klaus
Old February 3rd, 2013, 12:35 PM

Major General

Executor is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Game,HoC - House of Chains. Non NewB. Submit Pretenders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amhazair View Post
Why, what's happened?

Sharing is a virtue.
It appears Cori's got all the marbles.
Old February 3rd, 2013, 03:46 PM

Sergeant

Corinthian is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Executor View Post
I bet you're laughing your brains out right now Corinthian?
Everything is so beautiful, that I feel like crying!
Old February 10th, 2013, 04:37 AM

Sergeant

GFSnl is on a distinguished road

For Sale:
Gems! In all kinds of shapes and flavors!

Wanted:
Death Gems.
Old February 13th, 2013, 11:54 AM

Major General

Well, that's some rather underhanded diplo Starcryst. You lead me on to think we're making a deal and joining our forces to bring down the game leader Ermor while you're actually buying more time to take over my lands without counteractions from me.

When you moved your forces to the province I suggested as an exit route for your troops I though we had a deal. So now I've lost 2 turns I should have spent counteracting you; as in preparing the defense in the fort under siege, taking action against your teleporting mages, retaking my lands and wasting 60 gems I sent you as compensation for your "troubles" and instead I've spent that time planning how to strike back at Ermor. That's quite a setback.

That's just incredibly bad sportsmanship, especially since between you and Ermor I didn't have a change anyway so I'm not sure what the purpose of the deception was other then stalling me. If you had no intention of making peace with you should have said so.

WL, feel free to find a sub for me as I most definitely won't be continuing this game nor will I bother to find a suitable sub. I think you of all people know, from our previous run ins, I have no problem with losing and being overwhelmed from all sides but this is just wrong to me. Please note that me leaving this game has nothing to do with my losing position. Sorry for the inconvenience, it's been a great game series for me so far.
Old February 13th, 2013, 12:36 PM

General

WraithLord is on a distinguished road

Executor, I'm sorry to hear of this. If things are as you describe that it's only natural you'd be upset.

Technically back stabbing is not prohibited while cheating and exploiting is. I think this is the consensus in the community. Please correct me if I'm wrong on this.

Don't get me wrong. If I were you I'd also be upset. I have proof as recent as this game (Jotun Bretonnia debacle). Maybe not that bad but I sure felt cheated & betrayed.
Oh and such **** only works once. I for instance would never trust Teraswaerto again. So those who pull it should know it would stain their reputation for next games.

Well, I hope you'd reconsider yet would respect your wish to leave.
Old February 13th, 2013, 01:43 PM

Major General

I have nothing against Machiavellian type diplomacy. Personally, I just consider this to be something else.
Technically I don't think it's against forum or game rules but it does seem to be in the gray area since it sort of is exploiting.

But I have no intentions of getting into arguments whether such behavior is acceptable or not so I will respectfully bow out of this game without causing a scene since I wouldn't tolerate it in my games.

Perhaps I misinterpreted the entire situation and am blowing this out of proportion. With Starcryst's permission I can post or send the PMs to anyone interested so you can judge for yourselves I guess.
In either case this has been a rather unpleasant experience for me.

WL, I'll try to find a sub for me. This is my pile of crap so I won't be damping it on you.

EDIT: WL, delay the game a bit if you catch this in time, a day or two.
As a side note I really should open my turns before there's only a few hours left until hosting.
Old February 13th, 2013, 06:19 PM

Major

Teraswaerto is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by WraithLord View Post
Technically back stabbing is not prohibited while cheating and exploiting is. I think this is the consensus in the community. Please correct me if I'm wrong on this.

Don't get me wrong. If I were you I'd also be upset. I have proof as recent as this game (Jotun Bretonnia debacle). Maybe not that bad but I sure felt cheated & betrayed.
Oh and such **** only works once. I for instance would never trust Teraswaerto again. So those who pull it should know it would stain their reputation for next games.
Games, positions, circumstances, they all are different. I've both honored deals past what was rational and played at deception when necessary.

Blind trust or blind belief in any deal, blind is blind. Judge them all on their merits. If in a game deception in diplomacy is prohibited that should be clearly stated up front.

And to remind everyone, we never had any kind of deal or treaty.
Old February 13th, 2013, 06:44 PM

General

WraithLord is on a distinguished road

Nothing wrong in deception in this game. I'm only saying you'd get to fool me but once

Cheers guys. I hope this game will cont. to be fun for all and not deteriorate to bad feelings all around.

Executor, I missed your heads up & turn hosting & a PM from a kind and caring unsung hero so your nation ended up staling

I'll add more time for sub hunting. Thanks for taking care of that!
Old February 16th, 2013, 09:52 AM

Corporal

starcryst is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Executor View Post
Well, that's some rather underhanded diplo Starcryst. You lead me on to think we're making a deal and joining our forces to bring down the game leader Ermor while you're actually buying more time to take over my lands without counteractions from me.

When you moved your forces to the province I suggested as an exit route for your troops I though we had a deal. So now I've lost 2 turns I should have spent counteracting you; as in preparing the defense in the fort under siege, taking action against your teleporting mages, retaking my lands and wasting 60 gems I sent you as compensation for your "troubles" and instead I've spent that time planning how to strike back at Ermor. That's quite a setback.

That's just incredibly bad sportsmanship, especially since between you and Ermor I didn't have a change anyway so I'm not sure what the purpose of the deception was other then stalling me. If you had no intention of making peace with you should have said so.

WL, feel free to find a sub for me as I most definitely won't be continuing this game nor will I bother to find a suitable sub. I think you of all people know, from our previous run ins, I have no problem with losing and being overwhelmed from all sides but this is just wrong to me. Please note that me leaving this game has nothing to do with my losing position. Sorry for the inconvenience, it's been a great game series for me so far.
Okay, so taking our discussions into the game thread and smearing my reputation this way is what's REALLY underhanded IMHO. I play Dom3 to enjoy the game, not to participate in the kind of political BS that I have to deal with in the workplace. So I'm not going to spend a lot of time fighting with you here. But I will pass a few things along so that everyone can see I'm not the *** you are making me out to be.

In my very last correspondence to you this is what I said;

"I suspect you are going to balk at this and that we'll run out of time attempting to negotiate anything and that we'll end up continuing to fight simply because we can agree to terms we both want to live with."

And that's exactly what happened. You made a very weak offer of a few gems. The turn boundary was coming up and you weren't offering anything worthwhile (and in fact you were continually threatening me in your emails instead of negotiating) and so I assumed we were still at war, scripted my turn and then moved on.

You then sent me some gems, even though I never accepted (or even hinted that I was going to accept) your "offer". I sent those gems back immediately the following turn. I'm not sure how those gems were "wasted" since you got them back. A little tip for the future - don't send stuff to people until you have an actual agreement, in writing, with them.

You've spent a lot of time posturing in PMs to me and acting very aggressive, which I tried not to take offense to. But attacking my character in a public forum and skewing what transpired between us so that you come off as the innocent victim is crossing over the line.

I attacked you, we negotiated a bit, we didn't come to an agreement, I continued my attack. That's what actually happened and there's absolutely nothing wrong or underhanded about it.