Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT
Notices

Old July 26th, 2005, 08:13 AM

Corporal

Starmyth is on a distinguished road
Default Terrain type - Cave

Is it possible or desirable to create a terrain or 'kit' type 'cave'? This should be very similar to bunkers for concealing troops. Caves should be even more difficult to find than bunkers and would be excellent for concealing troops. Caves would be available free. Caves would be relatively common in mountains and quite rare in deserts. This might be a difficult or impossible concept for the AI to handle. Blitzkreig vs Sitzkreig.
Old July 26th, 2005, 09:03 AM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,853 Times in 1,217 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Terrain type - Cave

Quote:
Starmyth said:
Is it possible or desirable to create a terrain or 'kit' type 'cave'? This should be very similar to bunkers for concealing troops. Caves should be even more difficult to find than bunkers and would be excellent for concealing troops. Caves would be available free. Caves would be relatively common in mountains and quite rare in deserts. This might be a difficult or impossible concept for the AI to handle. Blitzkreig vs Sitzkreig.
There are already bunker types for cave - check the N Korean and Mujadeen OOBS for a few for example. Some may well be "shelter bunker" types.

Cheers
Andy
Old July 26th, 2005, 02:21 PM

Corporal

Starmyth is on a distinguished road

I'm aware that shelter bunkers already exist and would likely be a good starting point. Tunnels were used to good effect during the Vietnam war. Sewers in cities. I'll check out some scenarios. Time to experiment I guess.
Old July 26th, 2005, 10:07 PM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,853 Times in 1,217 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Starmyth said:
I'm aware that shelter bunkers already exist and would likely be a good starting point. Tunnels were used to good effect during the Vietnam war. Sewers in cities. I'll check out some scenarios. Time to experiment I guess.
There are no tunnels or sewers if you mean by that some sort of underground interconnected system below ground.

Cheers
Andy
Old August 5th, 2005, 01:29 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,423 Times in 2,694 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Starmyth said:
As Andy noted "Caves" already exist in OOB's like "Mujahaheed" ( 4 types ) and can be used in scenarios or games as "captured"

Don

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
Old August 7th, 2005, 01:02 PM

Private

Ambush7169 is on a distinguished road

It can be useful for "mod-makers", so I reveal how I create caves for the new Viet War Pack. This trick should be available only for scenario designers or during battles against human player...

I create a first cave unit (any APC class, but with a speed of "0") and a carry capacity of 255. Then a second cave unit with a weight of 10, 20, 30... (what you want). During the deployment, I load the "little cave" in the "big cave", sometimes with some one/two men infantry units named "Booby traps" (speed of "0") and armed with... Booby traps, mines, bombs, etc...

When the first cave (big cave) is destroyed, you have the other one (little cave) in the same hex, like a kind of tunnel network... It runs for VWP, but also in Afghanistan, during Pacific War, in Stalingrad, Warsaw (sewer network instead of cave...).

So, you have formations called "Caves" or "Tunnel Network" with two caves (or 1 cave/1 tunnel, etc), and booby traps devices...

Best regards,
Laurent Touchard