Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT
Notices

Old July 13th, 2009, 08:02 PM

Private

shilka77 is on a distinguished road
Default winspmbt 5.0 ghost wish

Yes for all developers if anyone read this I would like to point out Cuba that I would love to see more attention directed to.

Also a wish list over countries not available but would be great to have if replacing any other nation or if some R&D spots could make room for new nations.

Cuba 2009

Yes Cuba has been on the news and during their parades I have seen T-62M tanks modified as T-62MV reactive armour and 115mm U-5TS 83 main guns and NSV AAMGs along with better IR equipment for day/night all weather combat.

They also got BMP-1R fighting vehicles modified by Russian technicians to BMP-1P or D version with the older AT-4 removed and replaced with the AT-5 Spandrel. The BMP-1R has gotten a facelift. There is also increased protection and better day/night vision equipment installed. Cuba got 400 of these and it is their main Mechanized Infantry Vehicle.

Cuba got BTR-152K and BTR-40s along with BTR-50PK and BTR-60s the BTR-50PK are assigned to Cuba Navy marines that are today 550 men strong.

The BTR-152K and BTR-40s are more or less taken out of service; Cuba got a new chassis for their BTR-60s that is more streamline and much more like the BTR-80.

They have fielded versions with special turrets and is designated BTR-60PB armed with 100 mm gun in heavily modified T-54 turret.

The hull seems to be modified as well since the two handrails on the side of the hull are gone and the other two are moved to the centre of the hull between the upper and lower parts of the side of the hull. The lights in the front seem to have armoured protection.

BTR-60 armed with twin 23 mm anti-aircraft guns I think is available in the game but there is a second variant with armed with twin 37 mm anti-aircraft guns.

BRDM-2 has been successfully converted to become SP-Mortar vehicle by the Cuba and a M-38/43 120 mm mortar has been mounted in the modified crew compartment. Three large boxes with ammunition and equipment are located behind the roof opening.

Other BRDM-2s is used by Cuba as scouting vehicles and of course as ATGM platform again the outdated Malutka missile has been switched to AT-5 Spandrel and IR searchlight implemented.

Cuba is still using the BRDM-1 for scouting as well.

1,100 T-55 in service in Cuba today, great part in conservation. T-54 is upgraded to T-55AM standard and T-55 is modernized according to Russian programs, with complementary armour, laser equipment, new fire control systems, to the T-55AMV version.

Cuba infantry use AK-74 rifles and some units such as the frontier corps still use AKM. AKS-74U Carbine is used by their paratroopers. RPG-7 is RPG-7V today in Cuban armed forces where the older RPG-7 is found in the hands of their reserv and militia groups.

Anti-Tank guns T-12 is in Cuban inventory they got the Soviet MT-12. 2A29/MT-12 Rapira which features a new smoothbore gun, the 100 mm 2A29 gun, as well as a redesigned carriage and gun-shield to protect the crew from machine gun fire and shell splinters.

Their Mi-24D attack helicopters is also fully operational and is not the same version as in WINSPMBT that is the older version Mil-Mi 24.

Countries that would be great to have added is of course

* South Ossetia
* Georgia
* Venezuela

Many thanks in advance you guys are the best of the best. A decade with the same game and it is only getting better.

Keep up the good work.

shilka77
Old July 14th, 2009, 02:02 AM

BANNED USER

c_of_red is on a distinguished road
Default Re: winspmbt 5.0 ghost wish

* South Ossetia
* Georgia
* Venezuela

Couldn't these be done with the generic red units? IIRC, the red 'country' units use a Standard Soviet OOB. I could be wrong about that, I'm not much of an OOB or equipment guy.

As for the wish list, I would like to see variable visibility range. A Dawn or Dusk option where the visibility goes up or down with the sun. That and a inclimate wheater option that decreases and increases visibility during rain, snow and dust storms. Fog would be good too.
Make it an option on the Preferences menu.
Old July 14th, 2009, 03:32 AM

Private

vyrago is on a distinguished road

I like the visibility options but i'm not sure a 'dynamic' visibility could be done within the constraints of this game.

what I would like to see, however is a more graphic representation of game visibility and the ability to select weather.

example: when night is selected the hexes would appear darker, giving a night-time feel.

perhaps you select Light Rain and some rain animation plays across the screen.

at the very least, good sound effects could achieve this effect as well. instead of the background fighting sounds, you have rain-storm sounds during a rain battle or crickets for a nighttime engagement to evoke a night feel.
Old July 14th, 2009, 05:16 AM

General

Imp is on a distinguished road

If dynamic visibility could be done it would add to the game as suddenly units are visible due to a break in cloud cover or whatever. Simulating weather effects adds nothing though & as it stands its your choice whats causing the low visibility so restricts imagination. Also weather is a big deal to impliment firing penalties for firing into the wind in a rainstorm etc.
Fog is possible if do in the editor by placing an arty barrage on the map & saving it.
Good for doing in a valley or over a stream river as early morning mist. It burns off after about 5 turns so get crossing fast.
Old July 14th, 2009, 03:37 PM

BANNED USER

c_of_red is on a distinguished road

I have made fog on a map by putting down smoke. That was in the brand 'X' game I havn't ever tried it in MBT.
Old July 15th, 2009, 03:07 PM

Major

Marek_Tucan is on a distinguished road

If the elephants could fly... I would have just one wish:
TI and other "See-through-smoke" sights being handled kinda like the Radar fire control is. Iow vision ratings up to 99 are "normal", ie smoke blocks them, vision ratings "100+" are TI (or similar). Would allow both for long-range electro-optical systems on some recon vehicles and would allow more importantly for short-range infantry TI.
Old July 15th, 2009, 03:46 PM

Captain

PlasmaKrab is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marek_Tucan View Post
TI and other "See-through-smoke" sights being handled kinda like the Radar fire control is. Iow vision ratings up to 99 are "normal", ie smoke blocks them, vision ratings "100+" are TI (or similar). Would allow both for long-range electro-optical systems on some recon vehicles and would allow more importantly for short-range infantry TI.
Second that. Infantry with TI don't generally need 2km night-seeing range, same thing with short-range ATGMs. And as far as I can remember, some Russian systems (late-80s tanks, most Hinds, early PRP-series AOPs) could do with a non-TI sighting range over 2km.

Talking about this, how about optional IR-blocking smoke?
Seeing how some vehicles have "VIRSS" missile defense and VIRSS generally stands for Visual & IR Smoke Screening, there's a kind of loophole here.

Going out on a limb about the technicalities, the 'smoke dispenser' value in the OOB maxes at 99, so "advanced smoke dispenser" could be coded in the 11 to 19 range.
In theory, enough smoked hexes will block TI vision, so maybe IR-blocking smoke could be modeled by basically laying 10 smoke charges in the same hex, though I doubt it works like this.
Old July 15th, 2009, 04:01 PM

Major

Marek_Tucan is on a distinguished road

Oh and morale effects of smoke After all burning WP demoralises pretty well
Old July 15th, 2009, 04:08 PM

Captain

Got another flying-pig wish while we're at it:

How about recycling weapon class 23 to airburst weapons?

Right now airburst artillery and bombs are done any old how depending on the OOBs, sometimes as class 14, sometimes as regular class 6-7-11 with raised HE Kill and accuracy.
Both are off the mark, as classes 6-7-11 will leave craters more consistent with an impact burst, and since v4.5 class 14 will leave unexploded bomblets.

A new class could be based on class 19 (more on this later) with the following changes:
-Less or no cratering.
-Higher chance of top impacts.
-Less or no destructive hit chances against armored vehicles.
-Higher hit chances on entrenched units, infantry or vehicles.
-Maybe higher all-around hit chances, particularly against air targets.
-Allowed HEAT fire against hovering helicopter targets, possibly with heightened hit chances.

Basing the targeting modes on class 19 would allow to feature quite accurately all the following:
-Artillery rounds set on 'VT' mode or with proximity fuze.
-Timed or 'daisy cutter' aircraft GP bombs.
-Modern time-fuzed autocannon rounds (chiefly the 3P and AHEAD series) including in AA fire (what these rounds are designed for)
-Time-fuzed HE or multifunction tank rounds like the US M830 or Russian HE rounds fired with the Ainet system (as mounted on the T-80U and T-90). Both are designed to engage helicopters.

Ladies and gentlemen, your thoughts?
Old July 15th, 2009, 04:24 PM

Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marek_Tucan View Post
Oh and morale effects of smoke After all burning WP demoralises pretty well
Good one!
Add to that the off chance of setting things on fire and the ability to fire it as HE against infantry when HE is depleted.
The fact that smoke rounds are WP isn't made sufficiently clear right now.

At one point I also wondered if it would be possible to enhance spotting for allied units in freshly smoked hexes with known enemy units, but as far as I can tell this is pointless in SP as collective spotting is a given.