.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > Campaigns, Scenarios & Maps
Notices

Old August 11th, 2013, 01:27 AM

Captain

Location: I ain't in Kansas anymore, just north of where Dorothy clicked her heels is where you'll find me.
shahadi is on a distinguished road
World Red Line Syria Battle

New Release of Red Line Syria Battle due release of the 2014 v8 patch.

Please note, the RLS Bravo Co 1/6 Marines will not play in v8 correctly.

Red Line Syria – SEAL Platoon Golf 09/12

SEAL OPORD 2012-304

Date: September 30, 2012

Battle Location: Rugged mountainous region SE of Kafar Houm village on Hill 692

Battle Type: SEAL Platoon Golf, SEAL Team 10 assault Vs Syrian 1st Co, 5th Truck INF defend

TERRAIN AND WEATHER:
Rugged Mountain region designated Hill 692 on maps. Clear weather conditions with visibility at 250 meters.

Situation:
SEAL Platoon Golf is riding in a detachment of UH-1Y Venom helos approximately one three zero zero mikes South of Kafar Houm village heading East approximately four four five zero meters from target as per the previous ORS-1 fly over.

Enemy Forces:
NSWG-2 estimates AA/SAM radar installation may now be hardened concrete and protected by an infantry unit from most likely the Syrian 5th Truck INF Btn. Our 'eyes in the sky' boys and girls believe a radar controlled mobile AA section is positioned atop Hill 692 as well.

Friendly Forces:
SEAL Platoon Golf, 1st SEAL Troop, SEAL Team 10.
SEAL Fire Team x 2
SEAL Team x 2
  • SEAL Sniper Team x1
  • SEAL Pathfinder x1

Attachments
  • UH-1Y Venom Helicopter Detachment

Mission
Locate, close with, and destroy Syrian advanced AA/SAM radar control facility by fire and maneuver, and to repel an enemy assault by fire and close combat.

Execution
SEAL Platoon Golf will approach target area from the west of Hill 692. Dismount in the AO where the OIC deems appropriate so as to locate, engage and destroy the enemy AA/SAM radar control facility.

Command and Control
Lt. John “Butch' Cassidy as the OIC SEAL Platoon Golf is the mission CIC.

See post #8.[/color] Or, click here.

v8 modification complete

Red Line Syria – Alpha Co 1/6 Marines 09/12

BLT 1/6 Marines 22 MEU OPORD 2012-304-01

Battle Type: Alpha Co Battalion Landing Team 1/6 Marines, 22nd MEU defend Vs Syrian 2nd Bn, 1st INF Bde assault**

TERRAIN AND WEATHER:
Rugged Mountain region designated Hill 692 on maps. Clear weather conditions with visibility at 500 meters.

SITUATION
Bn HQ and Alpha Co 1/6 Marines are loaded aboard CH-53E Super Stallions and VM-22 Ospreys en route to Bn H&S AA and Hill 692 objectives respectively. SEAL Platoon Golf has destroyed advanced integrated AA/SAM Radar facility atop Hill 692 rendering effective Syrian AA non-existent. Expect small flak units and INF SAM units otherwise the sky is clear.

MISSION
Alpha Co will secure Hill 692, establish an OP, secure northern ridge line along PL Andy and establish a hasty defensive line extending from Hex 97,134 on azimuth 154 to Hex 109,158 NLT turn 10.

See post #6 or Click here

Designed by Abraham Shahadi, August 2013
Attached Files
File Type: zip RLS Alpha Co v8.zip (373.0 KB, 220 views)

Last edited by shahadi; April 14th, 2014 at 07:33 PM.. Reason: 2014 v8 Patch
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shahadi For This Useful Post:
Old August 11th, 2013, 03:55 PM

BANNED USER

Mustang is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Red Line Syria – Put His Eyes Out 09/12

Played it the first time through, advanced too cautiously and got a draw because I only blew up the bunker and didn't take the objective. I also landed B0 near the suspected WMD site and found nothing.

On my second try I landed everything in the woods southwest of the objective and advanced more aggressively, getting to the objective. I took some losses getting there so I got a DV 2913-2.

Fun little scenario. If you want some advice I would suggest adding more variety, like enemy vehicles. There could also be screening forces like tanks and maybe helis that the player has to evade in order to fly to the objective.

Last edited by Mustang; August 11th, 2013 at 04:07 PM..
Old August 12th, 2013, 08:49 AM

Corporal

gingertanker is on a distinguished road

Nice scenario. Hard to kill that bunker with satchel though...
Old August 12th, 2013, 03:38 PM

Captain

gila is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang View Post
I also landed B0 near the suspected WMD site and found nothing.
You should not give that type info away when playtesting,it ruins the mystery aspect for others
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gila For This Useful Post:
Old August 12th, 2013, 06:39 PM

BANNED USER

Mustang is on a distinguished road

Well mods, please edit my post. Sorry.
Old January 8th, 2014, 02:40 PM

Captain

Location: I ain't in Kansas anymore, just north of where Dorothy clicked her heels is where you'll find me.
World Red Line Syria – Alpha Co 1/6 Marines

This scenario is the second installment in the Red Line Syria series, following "Red Line Syria - Put His Eyes Out." Now, in this scenario Alpha Co 1/6 Marines will secure Hill 692 while defending the objective against a battalion of Syrian infantry.

Red Line Syria – Alpha Co 1/6 Marines 09/12

BLT 1/6 Marines 22 MEU OPORD 2012-304-01

Battle Type: Alpha Co Battalion Landing Team 1/6 Marines, 22nd MEU defend
Vs Syrian 2nd Bn, 1st INF Bde assault

TERRAIN AND WEATHER:
Rugged Mountain region designated Hill 692 on maps. Clear weather conditions with visibility at 500
meters.

SITUATION
Bn HQ and Alpha Co 1/6 Marines are loaded aboard CH-53E Super Stallions and VM-22 Ospreys en route to Bn H&S AA and Hill 692 objectives respectively. SEAL Platoon Golf has destroyed advanced integrated AA/SAM Radar facility atop Hill 692 rendering effective Syrian AA non-existent. Expect small flak units and INF SAM units otherwise the sky is clear.

ENEMY FORCES
Syrian 2nd Bn, 1st INF Bde
Hezbollah Company of four platoons with INF rockets
Armed Recon Company with AA and 50 cal mounted atop technicals
Bn reinforced with Bde field guns most likely 152mm battery and a heavy mortar battery

FRIENDLY FORCES
Bn HQ and H&S Co, Battalion Landing Team 1/6 Marines, 22 MEU
  • 1xBn XO
  • 1x120mm EFSS Mrtr Hvy Mtr Bty
  • 1x155mm BLT Bty
  • 1x81mm Mortar PL
  • 2xCMD Vehicle LAV-C2
  • 1xJTAC (Joint Terminal Attack Controller)
  • 1xMPAD Sec

Alpha CO 1/6 Marines
  • USMC Sniper
  • MPAD Sec x1
  • LT Mtr Sec x1
  • USMC Engr x1
  • Inf Platoon x3

PL HQ
  • USMC Sniper x1
  • M1919 MMG x2
  • Marine Inf AT x2
  • Javelin ATGM x 1
  • Marine Rifle Sqd x 3
Aviation Combat Element
  • 1xUH-1Y Venom Det (attached) HMLA167
  • 1xUH-1Y Venom BN FAC HMLA167
  • 1xAH-1Z Viper section HMLA167
  • 1xMV-22B Squadron VMM263
  • 1x4 Heavy Helos CH-53E Super Stallions HMH466
  • 1x2 Heavy Helos MH-53M HMH466
  • 1xAV-8B Harrier section VMA231 Ace of Spades
  • 1xUAV Shadow VMU3

SEAL PL Golf
  • 2xSEAL Fire Team
    2xSEAL Team
    1xMarine Sniper
    1xSEAL Pathfinder

MISSION
Alpha Co will secure Hill 692, establish an OP, secure northern ridge line along PL Andy and establish a hasty defensive line extending from Hex 97,134 on azimuth 154 to Hex 109,158. All
Syrian units engaged will be destroyed in the AO NLT turn 20.

EXECUTION
Commanders Intent:
Alpha Co, 1/6 Marines will deploy atop Hill 692 in relief of SEAL Platoon Golf to establish an OP and secure Hill 692 by a hasty defense extending from Hex 97,134 along azimuth 154. Alpha Co will
secure the Northern Ridgeline along PL Andy, the southern flank of Bravo Co from coordinate Hex 87,134 extending 90 degrees azimuth. Alpha Co will locate, disrupt, and destroy Syrian units in AO
along defense line. Alpha Co will not advance beyond defense line. The defense line is the LOA

CONCEPT OF THE OPERATION
A. Maneuver: SEAL Platoon Golf will lay smoke along Hill 692 east and southeast. Alpha will disembark and prepare a hasty defense at LOA. SEAL PL Golf will regroup at Alpha AA NET turn 3. The
Bn FAC helo will hover directing Fires. Bn HQ and H&S Co will establish Assembly Area in field southwest of Bldg 10.

B. Fires: The Bn FAC will direct Fires to fix and destroy Syrian units. UAVs will reconnoiter AOA to locate, identify, and target Syrian FA units. The Joint Terminal Attack Controller (JTAC) will
assign Air strikes and Helo sorties to destroy Syrian FA, and provide CAS.

COMMAND/SIGNAL
Lt. Col Percy Childs, BLT 1/6 Marines is the mission CIC. Succession in order:
  1. Major Devereux, XO 1/6 Marines
  2. Captain Charles Kidd, CO Alpha Co 1/6 Marines

NARRATIVE

“All warfare is based on deception.”
Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Lt. Col Percy Childs, Commander BLT 1/6 Marines, 22 MEU keyed into his headset the go code to his Alpha Co commander Captain Charles Kidd, informing the young captain that the 1/6 Marines were proceeding with OPORD 2012-304-01 after immediately learning of SEAL Platoon Golf's taking down the Syrian AA/SAM Radar facility atop Hill 692, the first and most critical phase of the operation. Now that the Syrian SAMs and radar-controlled AA guns are effectively blind, the 1/6 Marines have clear skies.

Riding passenger in the Super Stallion CH 53E, Childs “the Deliverer,” opened the handset turning on voice comms to Kidd: “Kidd, you awake, this ain’t some junior ROTC outfit, this is for real let’s get some. He continued: Y’all ‘Ready Freddy’ right?

Smiling Kidd replied, “Yeah, we’re ‘Ready Freddie’, sir. I got two, count ‘em, one, two Vipers to my ten and two o’clock, we’re riding nice and easy. My taxi driver tells me we’re going down to the tree tops in about 10, so hold onto your breakfast old man, Sir.” He continued: “By the way, ha, ha, this is not Afghanistan; they don’t know how to shoot like the Muj did at Marjah proved. Anyway, I got a company of lean mean Marines ready to get some today. What you got for us Sir?”

Childs continued: “We’re going to lay waste to anybody who stands up in our AOA.” Frowning, he added: “We are to secure the area surrounding the WMD facility so that the Intel boys and girls can
document the stuff the Syrians have been cooking there.” He sighted: “We’re going to play safe, keep to our orders doing what we Marines do. You will not advance beyond your LOA, copy.”

Kidd replied: “Copy that. My Alpha will secure Hill 692, set up an OP, reconnoiter the ridgeline to my north, and destroy any Syrian units stupid enough to go against Alpha 1/6 Hard.” He continued smilingly: “Are you frowning, sir?”

Taking his handset close to his lips, the Deliverer spoke: “Deploy your men taking advantage of cover, get good LOS, and don’t run off script trying to be a hero.” He sighted long this time looking out the Super Stallion window over the dark Syrian landscape: “We have Bravo coming up behind us, then follows Charlie. You got to hold that hill to protect Bravo’s flank.”

Brigadier Haykal and Colonel Azzam late night, finding both men hunched over a wooden table sitting on faded dab green chairs of twice the age of both men, both drinking tea with the local favorite spice – mariamiya. Silently, both away in their own thoughts, maybe of their families, of old friends, of the nasty war with the rebels, or maybe of the hell that was about to be let loose on them commanded their hearts to speak privately to their own souls. The unspoken word, thus far this night between them is the “O” word. Will the president of the United States attack on the heels of the beating their friends paid for with their lives not
too many days and nights ago at the hands of the Turks. (See,
forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=49388).

Colonel Assam, the taller of the two men, the one if wearing a dark blue suit could easily walk into any bank on Wall Street and just from his persona, from his manners and etiquette find a welcome
reserved from the movers and shakers of the financial world. He was as intelligent as he was savvy. “My afdal sadeeq,” He addressed his commander in the warmest and most sincere terms – my best friend. Pausing, then he looked his best friend in the eyes as the words flowing as easily as the tea into Haykal’s now third cup, “We both know the Americans are smarting from Putin getting the best of Kerry over the damn chemicals mess.”

Haykal, seemingly waving off the point with his hand gesture, but in their social norm it was an endearing subliminal message. Finally, speaking after putting down his cigarette, “Yes, yes, yes,
everybody from Damascas to Beirut knows the Americans will need to make a show, to kick some butt, I think is what their Ronald Reagan would say. He sighted, then continued after another tea,
“Was he not the cowboy, yes?”

Azzam breathed a bit as he leaned closer to his commander and closest friend, “So they will attack us, you agree or no?”

Brigadier Haykal finally turned his head as if to the heavens and whispered, “Yes, they want to teach us a lesson, the chemicals be dammed, the want to use us to spit in Putin’s face.”

Nearly in hysterics, Azzam said, “Ha, ha, Obama wants to throw a shoe at Putin!”

“You know my friend”, Haykal with a serious face began, “You know what Sun Tze and our prophet have in common?”

Azzam with his studied face smiling began, “I won’t quote the hadith, but as with Sun Tze, and all commanders in every army know this, “All war is based on deception.”

“Yes, Sun Tze said that and our prophet agreed too, that “war is deception,” leaning back in his chair still with his eyes gazing towards the skies, Haykal, continued, “And so at the Combined Arms
Academy,” divertingly, he said to Azzam, “Remember I spent nearly two years in Moscow at the Frunze Military Academy where I learned also maneuver, that which we did not know against the Israelis nor
the Iranians.” As if brushing that aside, he said, “In Moscow, we learned maneuver to deceive and that my friend is what we are going to do with my brigade against Obama!”

Azzam sheepishly, “I am going to sleep my general, before the dawn prayers,” but he was interrupted. As both men turned to see the horrified sergeant standing before them holding the radio net handset, the mood turned on its head to sobriety in the blink of an eye.

Gameplay:
Play this scenario from the side of the USMC against the AI. Game length is 20 turns with visibility at 10.

Victory Conditions:
Destroy Syrian units, secure Hill 692, capture all flags, and move MV-22’s and Heavy Helos off map, while sustaining minimal losses to retain unit combat effectiveness. A draw is a defeat.

Notes: This is the second battle in the Red Line Syria series following “Red Line Syria – Put His Eyes Out.” The third battle has Bravo Co 1/6 Marines disembarking north of Alpha. The fourth and fifth battles remain in planning stages.

Please note that I have modified the cost of the USMC units such that the Attack Helos cost to 655, Heavy Helos, Tilt-rotors, and Venom Helos cost 550, and INF Squads and HQ units cost 350 each.

Filter units as appropriate, especially the Vipers, SMAW-NE, and Javelins for target and range.

Good luck, enjoy yourself, and please share your experiences, thoughts, suggestions, and comments. I'm thick skinned, so if you don't like it, as some of you did not like A01 HWY Ambush, then tell me so too!

Alpha Co 1/6 Marines Area of Operations

Attached Files
File Type: zip Red Line Syria Alpha Co.zip (505.8 KB, 234 views)
Old February 26th, 2014, 08:20 PM

Captain

World Re: Red Line Syria – Put His Eyes Out 09/12

This is the third installment in the Red Line Syria series, following "Red Line Syria - Alpha Co 1/6 Marines." In this scenario Bravo Co 1/6 Marines will block a Syrian battalion strength force north of Hill 692.

Red Line Syria – Bravo Co 1/6 Marines 09/12

Red Line Syria – Bravo Co 1/6 Marines 09/12

BLT 1/6 Marines 22 MEU OPORD 2012-304-02

Date: 2012-09-30

Battle Location: Rugged mountainous region SE of Kafar Houm village North of Hill 692

Battle Type: Bravo & Alpha Co Battalion Landing Team 1/6 Marines, 22nd MEU defend Vs Syrian 2nd & 1st Bn, 1st INF Bde assault

TERRAIN AND WEATHER:
Rugged Mountain region designated Hill 692 on maps. Clear weather conditions with visibility at 1000 meters.

SITUATION
Bravo Co 1/6 Marines are loaded aboard VM-22 Ospreys en route to Objective Foxy Lady an area north of Hill 692 and to the left of Alpha Co. CH-53E Super Stallions will unload artillery, supplies, and vehicles at the Bn H&S AA. Although SEAL Platoon Golf has destroyed an advanced integrated AA/SAM Radar facility atop Hill 692 rendering effective Syrian AA non-existent, 1/6 Marines may encounter small flak units and INF SAM teams otherwise the sky is clear. Alpha Co has engaged a Bn sized force defending Hill 692. Lt. Col Percy Childs has ordered Bravo north of Alpha Co to block a Syrian force of possible battalion strength to protect Alpha’s left flank.

ENEMY FORCES
Syrian 2nd Bn, 1st INF Bde
Hezbollah Company of four platoons with INF rockets
Armed Recon Company with AA and 50 cal mounted atop technicals
Bn reinforced with Bde field guns most likely 152mm battery and a heavy mortar battery. A large Syrian force, possibly combined arts in scope with organic AA support, an additional gun battery, and other threats yet determined. The Syrian COA is to flank Alpha Co North of the Ridge Line with a battalion sized force with possible support from the 12th Armour Brigade out of Aleppo. Reliable Jordanian, NATO, and Turkish reports are coming in alerting Theatre of Iranian RBS equipped teams.

FRIENDLY FORCES
Bn HQ and H&S Co, Battalion Landing Team 1/6 Marines, 22 MEU
  • 1xBn FSCOORD
  • 1x120mm EFSS Mrtr Bn Hvy Mrtr Plt
  • 1x155mm A Bty 1/10 Marines
  • 2xHIMARS D Bty 1/10 Marines
  • 1x81mm Bn Mrtr PL
  • 1xCMD Vehicle LAV-C2
  • 1xJTAC (Joint Terminal Attack Controller)
  • 1xMPAD Sec

Bravo Co 1/6 Marines
  • USMC Sniper
  • MPAD x1
  • LT Mtr Sec x1
  • USMC Engr Team x1
  • Inf Platoon x3
  • PL HQ
  • USMC Sniper x1
  • Marine Inf AT x2
  • Javelin ATGM x 1
  • Marine Rifle Sqd x 3

Alpha Co 1/6 Marines

Aviation Combat Element
  • 1xUH-1Y Venom Det (attached) HMLA167
  • 1xUH-1Y Venom BN FAC HMLA167
  • 2xAH-1Z Viper section HMLA167
  • 1xMV-22B Squadron VMM263
  • 1x4 Heavy Helos CH-53E HMH466
  • 1x2 Heavy Helos CH-53E HMH466
  • 2xAV-8B Harrier section VMA231 Ace of Spades
  • 1xUAV Shadow VMU3
SEAL PL Golf
  • 2xSEAL Fire Team
  • 2xSEAL Team
  • 1xMarine Sniper
  • 1xSEAL Pathfinder

MISSION
NLT Turn 2 Bravo Co will deploy north of the Ridge Line at the LOA, PL Williams running from Hex 97,134 to Hex 89,118 securing Obj Foxy Lady to blocking Syrian units from flanking Alpha Co atop Hill 692.

EXECUTION
Commanders Intent:
Bravo Co 1/6 Marines will deploy along PL Williams, the LOA to block a Syrian force of possible battalion strength from flanking Alpha Co on Alpha’s left flank by defensive fire. Bravo Co will destroy all Syrian units at PL Williams securing Obj Foxy Lady. Bravo will not advance beyond the LOA.

CONCEPT OF THE OPERATION
A. Maneuver: Bravo will disembark and prepare a hasty defense at PL Williams to secure Obj Foxy Lady thereby securing Alpha’s left flank. Bravo Co will block Syrian units engaged at PL Williams. Bravo will locate, identify, fix, and communicate Syrian units for artillery and CAS fires.

B. Fires: The Bn FSCOORD will direct Smoke Fires screening Bravo’s deployment. The Bn UAV will reconnoiter AO to locate, identify, and fix Syrian tanks and FA guns. The Bn FSCOORD will lay Fires destroying Syrian guns. Bn FAC will direct Bravo Co mortar Fires targeting Syrian infantry units.

C. CAS: The Bn Joint Terminal Attack Controller (JTAC) will assign air strikes to destroy Syrian infantry. The JTAC will direct ATK Helo fires providing close air support missions. At the discretion of the JTAC and/or by direction of Bn Command, ATK Helicopter interdiction missions may commence to assess, fix, identity, and destroy Syrian FA units.

COMMAND/SIGNAL
Lt. Col Percy Childs, BLT 1/6 Marines is the mission CIC.

NARRATIVE

“The art of war is simple enough. Find out where your enemy is. Get at him as soon as you can. Strike at him as hard as you can and as often as you can, and keep moving on.” President Ulysses S Grant

Captain Harris Flowers, a Houston, Texas native enlisted in the Corps at 18 after barely finishing Phyllis Wheatley High School. He’s fond of telling everyone who’d listen that his education, training, and manhood all came from the Marines making him a Mustang through and through to the bone. His men love him more than they fear him, for the fear of disappointment runs a long tall wave in his company. And, Harris Flowers loves each man in his unit although as he tells it he doesn’t love the women enlisted per se, he just keeps then at a distance to protect his own passions. Although he never married, he has enjoyed a comradely life in the Corps. Among his men, he is Skippy between them, although they all know he is their Skipper.

“Flowers, it’s Childs on the net,” yelled Major Lopez, flying the lead Osprey.

Flowers immediately punched into his handset on the radio net, hearing his boss, Lt. Col Percy Childs speaking as if he were riding in the Osprey with him, “Flowers, just a heads up, it is gonna be real hot, I’m gonna lay smoke down for ya, but I won’t give you the guns, you’re gonna have the mortars to mess ‘em up with, so that I can rain steel on their field guns.”

“Copy that,” Flowers replied as Childs closed the communication net.

Skippy was grinding his teeth again as his gunnery sergeant nudged him with the toe of his boot, then leaning forward, he quietly uttered, “Skipper, I’m hearing Alpha maybe strung out on the limb. Is that you’re read, sir?”

Stiffening in his seat, calmly he replied, “The Deliverer made it very clear, we are to secure Objective Foxy Lady to protect Alpha’s flank. He did not say Alpha was in trouble. Hey, you worked with Kidd in Helmand, you and you know all the NCO’s over there, if Kidd were in trouble, Percy would have told me so.” The he relaxed a bit, turning his head away to stare out the window.

Turning slightly to face his gunny, he knew Steward got word from Kidd’s gunny, having served in that capacity too, Flowers felt bound to say more, “Steward, I know the ropes, Kidd maybe up against a battalion, but he has good ground, he has the hill, with good LOS all over.” He continued, “We both know Kidd runs a good ship, all the decks are clear, and so do we.” Leaning closer he continued, “We have a full battery of guns and the new HIMARS rocket battery from Fort Sill is on the line, hell we’re bringing two of ‘em with us.” Now smiling he went on, “Hell Stew, you know what we got, as well as I do.” Then almost laughing he said, “We may be facing tanks too, so we better put down correctly the Javelins and we’ll fly the UAV to see what they got, but, this I can tell you, it will be a hot LZ because they know we’re coming.” Putting his fist together he explained the obvious, ”First Alpha in the first wave, then we load up and fly-in, then Charlie after us, hell they know the drill as we do.” Now Steward could tell Skippy was on a roll, “So, we got to get it right the first time, we’ll put our platoons down on the whole line, no reserves this time, everybody on the line upfront.”

“Okay.” A cough, then he said, ”Kidd did say they laid down IED’s, so make sure everybody is all eyes and ears so the Engineers can sweep as we fight.” With his hand motioning like a helicopter in flight, “Our Vipers will cover us and take care of the tanks, other than that, say a pray for them unlucky SOB’s to have met up with 1/6 Hard today.”

Gameplay:
Play this scenario from the side of the USMC against the AI. Gameplay is 10 turns with visibility at 20.

Victory Conditions:
Block Syrian units from flanking Alpha Co to the South, securing all flags, move MV-22’s and Heavy Helos off map. A draw is a defeat.

Notes:
This is the third battle in the Red Line Syria series following: “Red Line Syria – Put His Eyes Out,” and Red Line Syria Alpha Co 1/6 Marines.

Please note that I have modified the cost of the USMC units as follows: Attack Helos cost 655, Heavy Helos, Tilt-rotors, Venom Helos cost 550, INF Squads and HQ units cost 350 each, and Marine Snipers cost 750.

D Bty 1/10 Marines is a HIMARS battery with three firing SP Rocket units. Each HIMARS carries six tubes and fires one rocket at a time. One HIMARS is assigned to an infantry company although fires controlled by the Bn FSCOORD.

I have limited the lethality of Marine Snipers by restricting their rate of fire to 4.

I further modified the Venoms and Vipers by increasing their EW ratings to 24 and 18 respectively.

You should filter units as appropriate, especially the Vipers, SMAW-NE, and Javelins for target and range.

Bravo Co 1/6 Marines AO

Attached Files
File Type: zip Red Line Syria Bravo Co.zip (314.8 KB, 202 views)
Old April 1st, 2014, 11:54 AM

Captain

World Re: Red Line Syria – Put His Eyes Out 09/12

With the inclusion of Suhiir's excellent USMC oob in the latest 2014 v8 patch, I've had to rework the Red Line Syria scenarios to incorporate Suhiir's unit information in the RLS scenarios. This is the first in my rework effort: "RLS PHEO SEAL PL Golf."

I've game tested the scenario as best and as fast as I could although I just grabbed the newest release last night so that I could add unit fire filters, although in this scenario it is not necessary to do so. Although the gameplay can be fast, move your units slowly, and keep a formation of a SEAL Fire Team, the OIC or AOIC together with a SEAL Sct/Snip and Pathfinder. In the game you'll quickly see B0, C0, C1 and B1, D0,and D1.

Lastly, avoid the temptation to use the helos, your ride back to the boat, in the fight. I kept mine safely behind the trees at the dismount. Loose one or two and a victory maybe denied.

Comments appreciated.

Enjoy,

Abraham

SEAL PL Golf/10 Dismount

Lt. John "Butch" Cassidy's SEAL Platoon dismounts below a tree covered hill.

Attached Files
File Type: zip RLS PHEO SEAL PL Golf v8.zip (464.6 KB, 189 views)