.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2 > Campaigns, Scenarios & Maps
Notices

Old January 23rd, 2016, 03:35 PM

First Lieutenant

Ts4EVER is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Campaign Scenario Setup Help - France

Ok cool, see you then!
Old March 21st, 2016, 07:12 PM

Second Lieutenant

SaS TrooP is on a distinguished road

Guess who is back...

I have captured the village of Takrouna and secured myself good starting positions for assault on the hill itself. All running units have been eliminated and 3 enemy tanks knocked out in the process.
I took noticeable losses in the process. Once again, German defences proved to be extremely well placed and defenders fought with unparalelled fury in order to stop me.
Lot of French perished on those grounds recently.

Let's get it done. I need arty refilled. I need more arty. I would be glad to have recon aircraft. Maybe some strike aircraft, but those proved ineffective. Level bombers? My dream...

And I would like to send negotiator first on the hill. Maybe Germans will agree to end this without bloodshed.
Attached Files
File Type: 7z Saved Games.7z (99.0 KB, 110 views)
Old March 23rd, 2016, 01:55 PM

First Lieutenant

Welcome back!

Quote:
We have pushed the enemy out of Takrouna. Now it is time to end it. While we had no time to refill our ranks, we have received additional artillery to help us take the hills.

- Deploy your forces
- Take the hills
Attached Files
File Type: zip France.zip (217.8 KB, 97 views)
Old August 19th, 2016, 09:39 PM

Second Lieutenant

OK, I am back, hopefully for longer this time -.-'

I have completed the scenario. I managed to capture Hill 342 and kill enemy A0 unit. Maybe that will convince them to surrender? German Fallschirmjeagers put a very heroic defence here. My losses are very high and entire battalion is - in my opinion - not combat capable.

But if enemy will not surrender, then I will need artillery as I had... and I would like to stage an attack at night, so that enemy positions cannot support each other.
Attached Files
File Type: 7z Frenchmen.7z (94.0 KB, 84 views)
Old August 20th, 2016, 09:26 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,687 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

Just curious .............which scenario is this for ??

Don
Old August 20th, 2016, 06:16 PM

First Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRG View Post
Just curious .............which scenario is this for ??

Don
It's a bit like a dynamic campaign. He plays and I make scenarios depending on the outcome.

Anyway, welcome back!

Quote:
Isolated on their last hill, the Germans decided to surrender. This would be our last battle on African ground, but far from our last battle in Europe.
Next stop, Italy. But first we were re-equipped with shiny new American equipment: Sherman tanks, Springfield and Garand rifles, new uniforms... we are a completely new outfit!

16th May 1944

For the past few months the allied armies have been held up at the Cassino position, part of the Gustav Line. But now the Polish flag flies on the ancient monastery and the allies are once again on the move. The objective: Rome.

Our task is to break through a secondary part of the Gustav Line, the so called Pontecorvo Line. We will do this by reaching three consecutive phase lines code named "Sparrow", "Cardinal" and "Sparrow". We have ample fire support.

- Deploy your forces
- Reach all three phase lines
Attached Files
File Type: zip France.zip (81.1 KB, 74 views)
Old August 22nd, 2016, 11:43 AM

Second Lieutenant

All right, I have managed to push through the first line. Casualties are low as for now, however I am worried what lies beyond. I found artillery sufficient for this battle... but I hope HQ will assign some more as good defensive positions (towns) are before us.
Attached Files
File Type: 7z Frenchmen.7z (84.9 KB, 87 views)
Old August 22nd, 2016, 03:22 PM

First Lieutenant

Cool!

Quote:
We have advanced to the first phase line yesterday. According to our intelligence services, the Germans are trying to delay us, while their pioneers are frantically working on the Pontecorvo Line. Most pillboxes are already in place and while we were fighting our way through the German defenses yesterday, they started digging trenches and stringing wires. Soon they will start sowing mines as well.
In your staff two factions have formed. The older, more experienced officers want to stick to the original plan: Take the phase lines methodically one by one. However, some young hotheads suggest that a deft stroke, maybe bypassing the nearby village, could reach the defense line before it is finished. Your call.

- Deploy your forces in the indicated area
- Set an objective for yourself and try to achieve it
Attached Files
File Type: zip France.zip (173.7 KB, 82 views)
Old August 28th, 2016, 06:12 PM

Second Lieutenant

Allright.
Plan was as follows: 1 & 2 Cie with Sherman platoon support and some heavier weapons were to make a push through the south. Let's assume I listened to younger officers and decided to bypass main defence sector. In the meantime, 3rd Cie with most of armour support was to fix enemy in the town so enemy could not provide reinforcements. They got however lots of tanks and deadly 12 MMGs at their help... in case they succeeded.
And they did.
Southern sector was holding up very well and it took me a while to crack those PzIVs and Stugs. But when Germans broke I decided to rush for it. I crossed the stream and managed to raid very close to the trenches.
Surprisingly, to the north, defence in the down was broken within several turns. German line defence did not stand 5 minutes under that fire, especially I had MMGs already deployed on a ridge I captured before. Some of my tanks got hit randomly, but besides my casualties are still acceptable... though heavy in general. Not only I secured the bridge, but I started to dismantle some fences.
It seems combined variant of your proposed plan actually worked.

And now, here's what I want to do:
I want to use the momentum. Not sure what hrs is in game, but my perfect plan: I am regrouping till midnight comes. My observateours are guiding artillery to suppress the Germans and halt their work over the main line. If I am to attack at night, I need no heavier artillery so it can empty itself till daylight. But if I got some bombardment before, that would make me glad.

In fact, if I get SERIOUS (at least squadron) of bombers or ground attack aircraft - if HQ can provide me that - I would attack within an hour of this scenario. I just need to bring in stragglers and help my tanks in crossing the stream. But what genies are for?

I would definitely go for any of those two options, with the first being better. I got a nice foothold and I want to use it. I want to get rid of the Nazis before they can regroup and bring in reinforcements. There is probably only weaker engineer group working their *** off in the trenches. That should be an easy crack for me.

Whatever happens, I want to motivate my men. Rule is simple: if they break through, everything what lies beyond that hill belongs to them.
I hope you catch the reference?

Besides, as always, I am requesting as many support as I can. Any support will do.
Attached Files
File Type: 7z Frenchmen.7z (94.3 KB, 82 views)
Old August 29th, 2016, 09:12 AM

First Lieutenant

Very nice work.

Quote:
Thanks to our aggressive advance, we managed to infiltrate several units across the river and close to the German defensive line. They will not be able to sow any mines.
Our plan is a night attack. Due to the bad visibility, using heavy artillery is too dangerous, however, we will be able to get our engineers close to the German bunkers.

- Deploy your forces
- Reach the last phase line
Attached Files
File Type: zip France.zip (96.5 KB, 77 views)