BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT
Notices

Old May 23rd, 2013, 08:18 PM

Corporal

carp is on a distinguished road
Default Artillery penalty points

What is the formula or tipping point for being assessed artillery penalty points?

tnx,
carp
Old May 23rd, 2013, 10:22 PM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,853 Times in 1,217 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Artillery penalty points

Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
What is the formula or tipping point for being assessed artillery penalty points?

tnx,
carp
At the top of the main forum exists some sticky threads.

The one entitled "WinSPMBT version 7.0 Upgrade patch" has all the changes for the latest patch.

That information is also provided for you in the Game Guide's Release History section. All information for the patches are listed there in reverse order. This is patch release procedure 101.

(The Game Guide is your user manual. You can read this by going to the Help tab of the Game Options launcher programme and pressing the "Read The game Manual" button. This will launch the Game Guide in your browser.)

The question you ask is answered in the first two paragraphs of text in that patch release information, and the percentages for each battle type are printed right there in bold text in paragraph #2.

Is the patch release information unclear in any way?

Andy
Old May 25th, 2013, 12:16 PM

Corporal

carp is on a distinguished road

Yes, the information is clear. What isn't clear is why "Release History" has information critical to play the game. It should be in the manual under "artillery" instead of 44 choices down under a menu item that gives no clue as to its contents with no easy reference that this is where changes to critical game-playing components are hidden. I bought the game(s). I don't expect to be spoken to as if I have committed some error by not reading 44 chapters to get an answer to a basic question of play.

Thank You.
The Following User Says Thank You to carp For This Useful Post:
Old May 25th, 2013, 05:11 PM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,853 Times in 1,217 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road

Because all payers are expected to note the changes for each patch, which are laid out in the release history.

The appropriate Game Guide section may - or may not - get written up to match the patch info at a later date. Depends on time constraints.

Andy
Old May 26th, 2013, 12:34 AM

Captain

gila is on a distinguished road

don't worry about the art penalty factor,it;s there to stop those who rather pummel the AI (and then pat themselves on the back) rather than playing the game as it should be, tacticaily
The Following User Says Thank You to gila For This Useful Post:
Old May 26th, 2013, 08:52 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,687 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

We put info like that into release section, as Andy says, because we expect players to check that section for changes before playing the game so they stay current with the changes. What you are suggesting is instead of adding it in the patch section and "expect" players to be " reading 44 chapters to get an answer " we put / bury all the changes we make in the main game guide then expect people to read the entire thing again to find them......... we KNOW from experience that only a few ever read the whole game guide so putting changes like this into the patch release info section allows players to see at a glance what's been done so they DON'T have to wade through the whole manual again

Yes, in a "perfect world" the info perhaps should have gone into the patch section AND the arty section ( I have made a note to do so ) but I think 99% of the players picked this info up in the patch section . That is THE place to look for recent changes

Don
Old May 28th, 2013, 01:32 AM

Corporal

daferg is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post

tnx,
carp
You silly, silly boy. You have made a rookie mistake and asked a question on here. If you're lucky, somebody might be quick and give you the answer. There are certain members who rather type four paragraphs and basically say you're an idiot for even asking such a stupid question. They rather belittle you and make you feel bad for even asking a question. There is a very good reason people don't post on here and it's because of the attitudes of the few nimrods. I, for the life of me, can't understand why some people just don't ignore post that make them so upset. Instead they rather TYPE REPLIES USING CAPS OR IN BOLD LETTERS OR UNDERLINED WORDS. If you are really unlucky you might get all three in one reply.

Don't get me wrong.....I love this game and admire the people who have worked so hard at improving it. I just really can't stand the fact that nobody can ask a simple game question. I understand that the information is out there but what harm does it do for someone to ask a question? This member asked a simple question and was dragged through the coals for it. Some people on here act like they are being attacked if someone asks a simple question about the game. Instead of getting your panties in a bunch, how about you let someone else answer the question, simply answer the question, or just don't reply.

This is just my humble opinion. Maybe I am misunderstanding the purpose of this "forum".
The Following User Says Thank You to daferg For This Useful Post: