winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > TO&Es
Notices

Old October 4th, 2020, 07:45 PM

Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,235 Times in 923 Posts
FASTBOAT TOUGH is on a distinguished road
Fallout Re: MBT's

Andy I just haven't gotten around to posting them yet. Hungry has actually 2 LEOPARD issues going on at this time.

First they are getting 12 completely refurbished German LEOPARD 2A4 tanks of which the Primary purpose is to used for training crews on much newer tank to come next para. Secondary purpose would be combat, in light of the 2-3 year gap between models.
https://www.armyrecognition.com/defe...n_germany.html
https://www.milmag.eu/news/view?news_id=3602
https://militaryleak.com/2020/07/30/...ks-to-hungary/

Second well now you know is the LEOPARD 2A7+ which has the "URBAN" Protection System add on armor package. First of these are due to start being delivered in 2023 and completed sometime in 2025. So somewhere by mid-2024 latest for FOC. They should have enough for a full company by then.

We'll just have to track this.
https://www.armyrecognition.com/dece...o_hungary.html
https://www.armyrecognition.com/sept...d_2a7_mbt.html
https://www.defence24.com/hungarian-...-cost-analysis
https://www.armyrecognition.com/germ...ions_data.html

As you can see I've been tracking this since December 2018.

I didn't post these earlier because we've seen to much happen around here with equipment to include "Deals going South" for a variety of reasons. Also I wanted to avoid the "bandwagon" syndrome as well. That has cost us a lot of rework out here and our time we have left, is too valuable to lose to things under those circumstances.

I'm being called.

Regards,
Pat

EDIT: The following is a "clarification" about the LEOPARD 2A7+. As I started this LEOPARD Project, I've noticed that some websites are indicating that Germany is a "user of" or other assorted similar descriptions. All true in reality but not so much in context.

Germany/KMW do have them, only 2 of them as follows...
http://tank-masters.de/?page_id=280
http://tank-masters.de/?page_id=264

Remember as I've posted, Germanys next tank is the LEOPARD 2A7V.

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..

Last edited by FASTBOAT TOUGH; October 4th, 2020 at 09:06 PM..
Old October 4th, 2020, 09:45 PM

Lieutenant General

After duty called, I'm back to "Independent Ops" so...

Don,
Below is what I'm seeing as the difference between the Dutch LEOPARD 2A6NL UNIT 037(Tank #!) and the Finns LEOPARD 2A6 UNIT 021(Tank #2)

What is it that I'm missing when looking at what I see in the game as the differences between the 2 tanks.

I see the following differences in the same areas when I pull them up in my game Version 14.

DUTCH TANK #1
EW: 0
WEAPONS: 120mm L55 WG 01/7.62mm FN CMG/7.62mm FN AAMG
STABILISER: 6

FINNISH TANK#2
EW: 4
WEAPONS: 120mm L55 WG 06/7.62mm MG3 CMG/7.63mm MG3 AAMG
STABILISER: 5

Help to understand please what I'm missing.

Again I bring up the DID reference as it's totally in compliance with others concerning the tank deal for the LEOPARD 2A6 between the Netherlands and Finland as signed in 2014 with deliveries between 2015 and 2019.

"What’s left of the Dutch tank fleet has been sold to Finland. The Finnish Minister of Defence just approved the proposal to buy 100 Leopard 2A6NL external link main battle tanks, plus spare parts for 10 years, combat simulators, maintenance simulators, special tools and testing equipment, and ammunition. At EUR 200 million, that’s less than EUR 2 million per tank. The Finns don’t have a huge tank force, and the new vehicles will become the country’s entire front line tank fleet after they’re delivered between 2015 – 2019."

https://www.defenseindustrydaily.com...inland-020936/

That above, all pertains only to the LEOPARD 2A6 tanks. Again "what a hell-of-va deal" at only 2 million Euros per Tank.

Now I really need some TOP GEAR so as to relax the rest of my "Saturday" off.

Regards,
Pat

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..

Last edited by FASTBOAT TOUGH; October 4th, 2020 at 11:20 PM..
Old October 5th, 2020, 06:44 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,687 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Default Re: MBT's

The "problem" is I have been updating the OOB's as info comes but I DO NOT keep a running list of changes I make...if I did I would have walked away from this years ago.

The Finn OOB in my master game now has the SAME data as the Dutch one ( as I have said multiple times already ) and that includes the stabilizer so somebody......maybe it was you..... already reported that discrepancy and it was changed after the last release and I say again the upgrade to newer "gun" ( AMMO) is in my mind perfectly acceptable and the MGs are irrelevant to gameplay.

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
The Following User Says Thank You to DRG For This Useful Post:
Old October 5th, 2020, 04:41 PM

Lieutenant General

First, Thank You! I appreciate the clarification.

Personally speaking I wish sometimes I wasn't so "ANAL" about things except for fact you have to be very careful and pay attention at work, we refer to it as "situational awareness" and I'll be ready to "stand down" somewhat from that to within the next six years.

It's so bad, a couple of weeks ago, my partner made the comment said I reminded him of a CYLONE because like the "red eye dot" moving continually back and forth, he noticed my head and eyes do the same thing.

He assured me it was a compliment.

I feel like I'm running a marathon with the OOB work my self, not since my first and maybe second Patch Submissions have I had so much work.

This year is like those were, where I have items for every thread I started out here.

I'll probably have to "cherry pick" items this year, hopefully not.

My "plan of attack" I'm leaning towards, is to take 2 items/topics from each folder that matches to it's corresponding Thread in the Game. That way I lighted the load across the whole board to maintain some balance.

As I indicated 3 or 4 Posts back, I went into my MOZILLA FIREFOX folder that Win 8 (At the time carried over.) carried over a few nights ago. What I found were some equipment news that have been become OBE over time, deleted some other non-related files and got down to equipment files only.

I'm assuming that most of this has already been addressed, was I wrong! The very first 2 files require a DATE change and the ADDING of a new piece of equipment. Needless to say I STOPPED THERE!?!

Those files were from 2014/2015 timeframe.

The lesson here is unless somebody wins the lottery and is nice enough to hire some support staff solely dedicated to maintaining and updating our games, I have to be honest enough to say we'll never be able to outdate EQUIP/DATES/ADD/DELETE/SOFTWARE etc. at a 100%. There's too much happening right now "NEWS" wise, and I don't see much of a let up for at least the next 2 years unparticular.

Some will be hopefully easy the equipment in some cases have been in the OOB's for years and we just "punt" them out a couple of more years into the future, where in the end they'll get in or what.

Regards,
Pat

Old October 5th, 2020, 08:10 PM

Lieutenant General

It's now official, PAKISTAN has just confirmed induction of the VT-4 tank today. This will be an easy one, so that means START OCT 2020. This induction follows 2 months after the al-Khalid-I was inducted in the 3rd week of August.

The al-Khalid-I, will be submitted with the German LEOPARDS as my first two tank submissions using the 2 Per Thread Plan (2PTP ) I discussed in my last post to include all my Threads.
https://www.armyrecognition.com/defe...induction.html

Why those two? Because I know they exist and are at FOC.

I've already started working the "rough" numbers for this MBT.

Unless someone "blows my cover" I'll be "holding my cards" the rest of the way. I've vented and I THANK YOU for allowing that, now it's time to go to work.

Something until now I didn't know existed from ISRAEL the Sabrah 105mm light tank based on tracked platform ASCOD 2 from GDELS.

This being offered for the Philippine Army's Light Tank Acquisition Project, which is in competition with Hanwha Systems K21-105 and Otokar Arma 105 light tanks, and Pindad Harimau Light Tank.

Some good competition there, this will be interesting to watch over the next year or so.
https://www.armyrecognition.com/defe...n_project.html

Side note for to be posted in the APC Thread later...BULGARIA has chosen the PATRIA AMV XP to fulfil it's APC requirements after Phase 2 of the procurement process has just been completed. It's PATRIAs to lose in starting Phase 3 with the field tests and negotiations to come.

This a much improved version of the AMV which is considered one of the worlds best APCs at least in the "wheeled" category.

I might just come back and copy this, as I see, I can't just make a simple announcement. Surprise, Surprise.

Regards,
Pat

Last edited by FASTBOAT TOUGH; October 6th, 2020 at 11:21 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to FASTBOAT TOUGH For This Useful Post:
Old October 7th, 2020, 02:06 AM

Lieutenant General

The following falls under the category of "Don't Shoot the Messenger" even if the "messenger" has discussed this numerous times over the last handful of years. Now we have the most forth coming and definitive article to date on the status of the T-14 ARMATA. And it doesn't look good. So by Para...

Para 1: "Russia is beginning to train operators of vehicles on Armata platform."

"The first cadets will be enrolled in 2021 and will graduate as T-14 tank platoon commanders."

Para 2: "Sources in the Defense Ministry said..."

"The first enrolment is scheduled in 2021, however the time may change." I believe this last means later then
earlier.

"Omsk Armor Engineering Institute will train experts in the overhaul and operation of Armata family. The training will take four years and the first graduates will come to operate Armata in the army in 2025-"2026."

Para 8: "T-15 is undergoing trials."

The intervening paragraphs are generally dealing with and ensuring that both the operators and engineers are fully trained on the ARMATA platforms in the use and maintenance of the systems.

I have to respect the decision of the Russians in this matter. These are the most advanced land combat systems they've ever designed. And reading "between the lines" they have concerns about the abilities of their military to operate and maintain these systems.

By taking their time in the training and cross training to come, they are ensuring the integrity of the systems (ARMATA Platforms) and "professionalism" of their operators and maintainers.
https://www.armyrecognition.com/defe..._vehicles.html

FYI SERBIA:
Has decided to upgrade their M-84AS tanks.
https://www.armyrecognition.com/serb..._10207162.html

They will be upgraded to the T-84AS1 version "down the road" The ref. is also saying...
"Miloradović emphasizes and says that this is not the end of the development process « because we are simultaneously working on phase two, designated as an upgraded M-84 AS2 tank, which includes several more new subsystems that will additionally and significantly enhance the capabilities of our tank units »..."

I have to think the T-84 AS1 is around 1.5 years out. The T-84 AS2 I'd say is possibly within 2 years out at it's earliest.

Alright I'm tired, time to call it a night! Have a good one, everyone!?!

Regards,
Pat

Old October 7th, 2020, 02:37 PM

Corporal

RC4 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by FASTBOAT TOUGH View Post
It's now official, PAKISTAN has just confirmed induction of the VT-4 tank today. This will be an easy one, so that means START OCT 2020. This induction follows 2 months after the al-Khalid-I was inducted in the 3rd week of August.

The al-Khalid-I, will be submitted with the German LEOPARDS as my first two tank submissions using the 2 Per Thread Plan (2PTP ) I discussed in my last post to include all my Threads.
https://www.armyrecognition.com/defe...induction.html

Why those two? Because I know they exist and are at FOC.

I've already started working the "rough" numbers for this MBT.

Unless someone "blows my cover" I'll be "holding my cards" the rest of the way. I've vented and I THANK YOU for allowing that, now it's time to go to work.

Something until now I didn't know existed from ISRAEL the Sabrah 105mm light tank based on tracked platform ASCOD 2 from GDELS.

This being offered for the Philippine Army's Light Tank Acquisition Project, which is in competition with Hanwha Systems K21-105 and Otokar Arma 105 light tanks, and Pindad Harimau Light Tank.

Some good competition there, this will be interesting to watch over the next year or so.
https://www.armyrecognition.com/defe...n_project.html

Side note for to be posted in the APC Thread later...BULGARIA has chosen the PATRIA AMV XP to fulfil it's APC requirements after Phase 2 of the procurement process has just been completed. It's PATRIAs to lose in starting Phase 3 with the field tests and negotiations to come.

This a much improved version of the AMV which is considered one of the worlds best APCs at least in the "wheeled" category.

I might just come back and copy this, as I see, I can't just make a simple announcement. Surprise, Surprise.

Regards,
Pat
Regarding Pakistani VT4s, I have allready mensioned "6th Lancers of 6th Armoured Division" from Pak Army source, replacing Al-Zarrar on the "Ist North Strike Corps", the Al-Zarrars will cascade to the Armoured Regiments of the Infantry Divisions at North.

As to the modernization of Portuguese Leo2A6, as a stop-gap we are allready using tablets on the turret and off-line GPS for navigation.
The crews have been complaining about the air-conditioning system on the Portuguese hot summer.
Old October 7th, 2020, 06:09 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

MarkSheppard is on a distinguished road

The new MPF is under test at aberdeen proving ground now:

Quote:
US Army recently conducted trials of the General Dynamics Land Systems (GDLS) MPF light tank at Aberdeen Test Center.

MPF is a light tracked vehicle (light tank) intended to provide large caliber direct fire for Infantry Brigade Combat Team (IBCT). As part of MPF program, both BAE Systems and General Dynamics will deliver 12 prototypes each to the Army in 2020.

Mobile Protected Firepower (MPF) light tank will undergo Pre-Production Test and Soldier Vehicle Assessment soon. The 3rd BCT, 82nd Airborne Division will test MPF during the Limited User Training in the future (around FY21).

The basic turret of GDLS MPF is welded aluminum alloy construction which is equipped with applique armor and spaced armor. The vehicle is armed with 105mm M35 rifled gun and 7.62mm M240B coaxial machine gun.

The powertrain is in the front of the vehicle and exhaust system at the rear. The cooling system and exhaust system are redesigned. The Horstman In-Arm hydropneumatic suspension of each side consists of six road wheels. According to some sources, GDLS MPF maybe has been equipped with Allison transmission and American domestic diesel engine.

The crew of four consists commander, gunner, driver and loader. The Raytheon Gunner's Primary Sight (GPS) is located forward of the commander's weapon station. The new Safran PASEO panoramic stabilized electro-optical sight gives the commander better DRI capability.

Metravib Pilar V Acoustic Gunshot Detection System has been selected for GDLS MPF light tank. The Pilar V is located at the rear of the turret. The system can cue tank crews while threats coming.
That last bit is interesting. You fire a shot, and the tank will localize your location and either relay it to the infantry squad accompanying the tank, or automatically slew the tank's turret to the location so that they can eliminate you by fire. That kind of changes the dynamic for snipers and other "ambush" predators on the battlefield.

Old October 8th, 2020, 12:51 AM

Lieutenant General

Suhiir is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkSheppard View Post
That last bit is interesting. You fire a shot, and the tank will localize your location and either relay it to the infantry squad accompanying the tank, or automatically slew the tank's turret to the location so that they can eliminate you by fire. That kind of changes the dynamic for snipers and other "ambush" predators on the battlefield.
It may when there's only one (or two) snipers. But amid the hail of gunfire that's a typical squad (or larger) sized firefight I doubt a sniper would be noticed by the system.

People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
Old October 8th, 2020, 10:55 AM

General

Imp is on a distinguished road

I think its been around for quite a while its probably come of age now due to advances in computing power much like tank Active Protection Systems.
Smaller, lighter & most importantly gives you the information fast.