winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Shrapnel Community > Space Empires: IV & V > SEIV

Old October 12th, 2008, 12:22 PM

Sergeant

Ironmanbc is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Star Wars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intimidator View Post
Okay, it's out, (I just oploaded it to you Ironm... )

If you want it, let me know (give me an mailadress which can handle 20 mb)

Greetz,

Frans,
Old October 12th, 2008, 09:35 PM

Sergeant

there is an oops in the Orbital Space Dock alliance tech it should be ResourceStation
Old October 13th, 2008, 10:23 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Atrocities is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kana View Post
Like what I see. Especially like the troops by size (platoon, company, regiment) idea, something I was bouncing around for my mods.
When I started to work with the concept for the SW mod I ran into some issues that I hope Intimidator was able to work out.
Old October 13th, 2008, 10:29 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Knyght View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atrocities View Post
Your welcome Intimidator for the images. With any luck I will make some more soon along with finishing up the Remnant (old republic) ship set.

I don't know if I will continue to do any work on a star trek mod as I kinda been burned out on SE IV for a while now. But ya, SE V simply doesn't have anything in it that really inspires me. SE IV does. I think that is what the appeal of SE IV was for many folks, it provided inspiration. SE V for some reason really doesn't do that.

BK is no slouch either when it comes to making images. He has done some exquisite work in the ship set department.

The thing that drew my battery down was the overwhelming immensity of the mod as a whole. I had so many good ideas but no real praticle way to implement them within SE IV. Finally I figured the best approach would be to keep the mod simple and work on each race independently. The problem is getting the AI to build the right number of correct ships and to design them accordingly. If Intimidator doesn't mind, and if I can get motivated, I would enjoy working with him on a single player version of this mod. I have added a lot of little Star Wars kinda features to things and would love to see them come to fruition.

What killed SE IV is the bordom factor really. Age combined with other options hasn't helped any either. If Aaron would have taken the good advise that was offered to him, regarding SE V, for SE VI, then perhaps, with any luck at all, we might see a new inspirational 4x game in the future.
I have to admit, an Old Republic shipset would be VERY welcome. As would ANY new shipset(s) you came up with.

I'm dying to see you complete the Star Wars Mod, and be sure if there's anything I can do to help, I'm always willing. And I have to agree with your assessments of SEIV and SEV. SEV just never caught and held my interests the way SEIV did, and continues too. It's just somehow missing that "something" that made SEIV so much fun.

By the way, I really appreciate the kind words about my work, but you'll always be the absolute Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atrocities View Post
I couldn't even begin to image how to extract that information. I can find the textures, and write down the color pallet info for each but to be honest past that I am a door nob.
The simplest solution there might just be to screenshot them, and send them as a JPEG. Save you a lot of typing/writing
I gave all of my Star Wars mod files to Intimidator. That included images, the mod itself, and all of my source work. I might play around with Intimidators mod once he has it done, and or work on the original concept in an effort to mod a single player version. The problem is that the AI is really really dumb. There would be a lot of RPG factors in a single player mod that the AI could not use. The Corp, Platoon, Regiment concept for one was something that the AI simply would not accept.
Old October 13th, 2008, 01:19 PM

First Lieutenant

Intimidator is on a distinguished road

I really simplefied the troops by size idea. I just gave an infantry squad the size of 4kt (=1 trooper component). So an platoon is squad x 4, and company is platoon x 4(+ a bit extra) etc etc..... After that I designed and builded an Lambda class shuttle (which can carry up to 20 or 30 troopers) and I recalculated the cargobay size I needed.

BTW. AT. I used your idea of the elite troopers and their capabilites of taking out shields, I liked that !!
Old October 13th, 2008, 01:47 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

I had an idea for troop transports. Instead of calling the cargo bay the cargo bay, call it landing shuttles, and the component would look like an imperial troop landing shuttle. I just never got around to making the component yet. The comps for the troop tran and the pop tran would have to be different families, and of course mount scaled to prevent the cross usage.
Old October 13th, 2008, 03:45 PM

First Lieutenant

BTW. Thanks Ironm.... for the remark, will take a look at it.
Old October 13th, 2008, 04:52 PM

First Lieutenant

Yep, was stupid typo, thanks ............
Old October 20th, 2008, 09:31 AM

Sergeant

I'm still around but things have been busy lately, I'm still playing and found that if you
Old October 20th, 2008, 05:54 PM

Sergeant

ok I don't know what happed to the rest of my post last time but i'm having some RL problems so i wont be playing much (my dad passed away) but i'll try to let ya know if i find any more problems