This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT
Notices

Old March 21st, 2020, 10:32 AM

General

Imp is on a distinguished road
Default Re: WinSPMBT version 10.0 - 14.0 Consolidation patch ( 2020 )

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredgysgt View Post
Buying the game was most definitely worth it. I think I even did a review.
Bought MBT mainly to try the op fire filters & was blown away at how much faster you could play due to the clarity of extra information provided & crisp graphics.
There are a lot of useful CD only features that together transform play.
Bought WWII a couple of days later as it had now become unplayable to me.
Free game is a feature packed demo but that's all, it cannot hold a candle to the full game anymore.
Old March 24th, 2020, 10:29 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,422 Times in 2,694 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

The Updates for both games are now scheduled to be released April 2, 2020

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to DRG For This Useful Post:
Old April 2nd, 2020, 07:17 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

The 2020 patch upgrade is now available!

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....

Last edited by DRG; April 2nd, 2020 at 07:32 AM..
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to DRG For This Useful Post:
Old April 2nd, 2020, 12:06 PM

Major

scorpio_rocks is on a distinguished road

Thanks guys!

Very welcome with the world in the state it is at the moment - lots of time on our hands in isolation...
(and particularly grateful after you said it wouldn't happen this year!)

"Gentlemen, when the enemy is committed to a mistake - we must not interrupt him too soon."
Horatio Nelson.
SPMBT Roundel Objectives Mod
SPMBT Small ID Flags Mod
WW2 Roundel Objectives Mod
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to scorpio_rocks For This Useful Post:
Old April 2nd, 2020, 12:37 PM

Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,237 Times in 925 Posts
FASTBOAT TOUGH is on a distinguished road
Fallout Re: WinSPMBT version 10.0 - 14.0 Consolidation patch ( 2020 )

I've got it downloaded and am excited to start using it! The best part for me so far is the EW block, as Don has had to endure a few times over the years, I sometimes had issues with this concerning tanks. This was the first thing I looked at. In that format it's now inside my head and will save me from having to "jump over that hurtle" in the future.

For me a lot of times it's the "simple" things that are the "best" things! THANK YOU!

As always Andy and Don THANK YOU! I wasn't expecting it, but sensed something was by late summer while tracking the posts, so Don so sorry for "slamming" you towards the end, but I thank you for understanding my need to fix things and put them into their proper order into the my Patch Thread.

For "wind down" I hope you both can go to your "spot" and fully enjoy all the reasons why you go there.

I hope everyone appreciates (And I know you do.) the "gift" we just received it could be the last or possibly we may receive more only time will tell.

In the meantime we should enjoy it as if it were our last.

Thank you both again, and everyone else that's been involved with these wonderful games for so, so many years now!!

I think I'll just stick around for awhile so I can be a PITA to someone!?!

Regards,
Pat

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FASTBOAT TOUGH For This Useful Post:
Old April 2nd, 2020, 12:41 PM

Second Lieutenant

Aeraaa is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio_rocks View Post
Thanks guys!

Very welcome with the world in the state it is at the moment - lots of time on our hands in isolation...
(and particularly grateful after you said it wouldn't happen this year!)
I guess there is one single benefit in this worldwide mess. Free time is more than usual and creativity kicks in.

From my part, I also want to thank Don and Andy for the patch and congratulate them for their magnificent work all these years!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aeraaa For This Useful Post:
Old April 2nd, 2020, 01:43 PM

Sergeant

Oche is on a distinguished road

There was an error with scenario #519 which replicated scenario #518, please download the attached archive and extract the files to your scenario folder (WINSPMBT/Scenarios) to fix this.

This has also been posted on the WINSPMBT forum campain/scenarios thread here:

http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showt...080#post847080

Thank you.
Attached Files
File Type: zip West of Idlib mountains II.zip (42.9 KB, 376 views)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Oche For This Useful Post:
Old April 3rd, 2020, 04:16 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Exclamation Re: WinSPMBT version 10.0 - 14.0 Consolidation patch ( 2020 )

Random notes on OOB "errors"

There are 12,937 units in SPWW2 alone and 4,846 weapons. Each unit in SPWW2 has 59 data points that could contain something that someone could call an "error" and each weapon has 13 data points and that includes the name of the unit or weapon which people have had issues with on occasion over the years so 12,937 units x 59 data points = 763,283...over a 3/4 of a million potential error points that someone with "new information" could point out what we have now is "wrong" and that's just units in WW2. MBT has 68 data points per unit and 39, 016 units.....that is Two Million, Six Hundred and Fifty Three Thousand and Eighty Eight data points (2,653,088) and 16,333 weapons ( 16,333x 13 DP= 212,329 ).....note I did not include formations...between the two games there are 24,686 formations and each has 20 data points someone could find a fault with which equals another 493,720 data points

Now that I have dazzled you with those numbers I'll add one more 4,122,420..... Four Million, One Hundred and Twenty Two Thousand, Four hundred and Twenty .......that is the total number of ACTIVE data points in both games just in the OOB's alone that ....Units, weapons and Formations and all have the potential for someone to question or find fault with any one of them. Andy and I have both spent 1/3 of our lives building these games up, just over twenty two years. Are the games and OOB's perfect ? No. Are they better than the original ? We think so and so do many others but we are both burnt out by the neverendingness of it all. I had mentioned the other day to Andy that I had joked/commented many times in the past that OOB work is never ending as new bright sparks digs up info in books or online sites that didn't even exist when I started this ball rolling in 1998 but it has stopped being humorous .

To achieve 99% accuracy in these OOB's in both games when all data points involved is taken into consideration that would allow us to have 41,224 data point "errors" and still achieve 99% accuracy so even if there are " hundreds of errors" that means we are well above 99% accuracy since every percentage point has 41,224 data points.

51,953 is the total number of actual units available to players in both games combined so 1% of that is 520 rounded and that's just units so there would need to be more that 520 units in both games to have some kind of data issue to be considered as being an error for the OOB's to drop below 99% accuracy but when you consider the number of sources available now that were not available to us in the late 1990s and how even current sources can differ I can live with the games being less than perfect because perfection is an unattainable goal and we have already spent 1/3 of our lives doing this and we never considered this would be a life long commitment.

From the very beginning we have included MOBHack with the game to allow players to make any adjustment they think are needed. That is what Andy did when he didn't like the OOB's for the original SSI SP games back in the late 1990's, He created MOBHack then created and published his own complete set of OOB's and anyone is free to do so but do keep in mind that if you break the existing scenarios in the game that represent easily tens of thousands and maybe hundreds of thousands of hours of work for all the people who created them then you better be willing to issue a corrected set with your MOD OOB because that is what we had to do year after year trying to keep up with the revised information that was being sent our way to make the game "better". And just to make it more interesting there are AI picklists and some OOB's have a LOT of picklist changes over time so deciding that the OOB's need to set up more "logically" and re-ordering the formation structure will destroy the AI's ability to generate a usable and varied opposition and that is what we have had to be aware of for 22 years as well. So Scenarios need consistency in units and weapons and the AI pick need consistency in formation structure and if you mess with either or both the game is worthless except for PBEM....but only if the other player has your OOB's as well.

Accept that the game will never be perfect, no game will ever be but it's playable and engaging and that's what's really important not micro managing the weapon mix in a bunker.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to DRG For This Useful Post:
Old April 3rd, 2020, 04:50 PM

First Lieutenant

zovs66 is on a distinguished road

99% is perfect enough for me!!!

Hard to even fathom so many data points!
Old April 3rd, 2020, 08:41 PM

Sergeant

troopie is on a distinguished road

My suggestion for error spotters is to make the corrections yourself and post the OOB yourself.

troopie