.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 2: The Ascension Wars

Old November 20th, 2003, 12:52 PM

Corporal

Joonie73 is on a distinguished road
Default A hilarious situation

Okay, I have a Gaia pretender, and I am down to 2 provinces. My dominion is a whopping 1, and I only have the pretender in the Ulm capital. Pangea has attacked me 10 times already, each time with around 300 troops. But Gaia has beaten them all. And she has no magic items on her either. This is almost surreal.
Old November 20th, 2003, 03:25 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Gandalf Parker is on a distinguished road
Default Re: A hilarious situation

No rush to take him out at all. I have his province. Tax it to death, capture blood slaves there, send in priests whenever you get a chance. Once his unrest goes over 100 he cant make anything even if he does get it back for a short bit so at that point I wouldnt even bother keeping much army there. Just priests.

Of course I would "storm" the castle with 1 cheap little scout when I can just to see what kindof magic he has. By the time I even check it the next time the god is usually dead from dominion
This game is NOT suitable for students, interns, apprentices, or anyone else who is expected to pass tests on a regular basis. Do not think about strategies while operating heavy machinery. Before beginning this game make arrangements for someone to check on you daily. If you find that your game has continued for more than 36 hours straight then you should consult a physician immediately (Do NOT show him the game!)
Old November 20th, 2003, 07:47 PM

First Lieutenant

PhilD is on a distinguished road

I was surprised with the way "dominion death" happens. I had conquered every Vanheim Province, and since his Dominions was low everywhere, I decided I'd just siege his capital, build temples all around, and preach him out of the world (I had to bring in my own Pretender for this to work). Still, it took several turns (2-3, I believe) after my own dominion appeared in Vanheim (his was nowhere to be seen) for the message announcing the dominion death to appear.
Old November 20th, 2003, 10:26 PM

Second Lieutenant

HJ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by PhilD:
I was surprised with the way "dominion death" happens. I had conquered every Vanheim Province, and since his Dominions was low everywhere, I decided I'd just siege his capital, build temples all around, and preach him out of the world (I had to bring in my own Pretender for this to work). Still, it took several turns (2-3, I believe) after my own dominion appeared in Vanheim (his was nowhere to be seen) for the message announcing the dominion death to appear.
It probably spread outside his borders, and it took time for your own to wipe it out. I assume you had all his provinces, but the capitol fortress still counts as one, so he cannot die due to having no provinces left.
Old November 21st, 2003, 02:30 AM

Private

Prio is on a distinguished road

Bleah. I woulda just preached you out of existence a long time ago.