This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Shrapnel Community > Space Empires: IV & V

Old August 17th, 2000, 04:30 AM

Private

Geta is on a distinguished road
Default for a newbie

How does one load population onto a transport ship to move people around the empire?

TLA
Old August 17th, 2000, 05:45 AM

Sergeant

jars_u is on a distinguished road
Default Re: for a newbie

"How does one load population onto a transport ship to move people around the empire?"

If you are going to colonize a planet for the first time on the menu/tool bar there is an icon that looks kind of like a white round bowl with green trim - if you click the ship then that icon then the planet it will load the population and start moving towards the planet to colonize it.

If you just want to trasport population from one planet to another move the cargo ship into orbit around the planet that you want to load the population from and there is an cargo button in the tool bar looks like a box with an arrow going up you can click on that and it will take you though a series of menu's on what kind of cargo to load - but I find it easier to click on the button that I think is to the left of that one which is a cargo inventory (not certain) button when you click on that a new screen will come up which shows your ship how much cargo space it has and what cargo is on the planet that you can trasfer between the two.

Hope that helps.

Jim
Old August 17th, 2000, 04:14 PM

Private

Geta is on a distinguished road

quote:
Originally posted by jars_u:
"How does one load population onto a transport ship to move people around the empire?"

If you just want to trasport population from one planet to another move the cargo ship into orbit around the planet that you want to load the population from and there is an cargo button in the tool bar looks like a box with an arrow going up you can click on that and it will take you though a series of menu's on what kind of cargo to load - but I find it easier to click on the button that I think is to the left of that one which is a cargo inventory (not certain) button when you click on that a new screen will come up which shows your ship how much cargo space it has and what cargo is on the planet that you can trasfer between the two.

Hope that helps.

Jim

Thanks Jim, but I'm still not getting it.

First off, maybe my transport ship is not designed properly? Because, I'm only getting order buttons of: MoveTo, WarpTo, Attack, Fleet Transfer, Resupply and Repair; when I move the transport into the planet that has the people I want to load. There is no Cargo button lighting up. The transport ship has 8 Cargo Bay I components (and the engines, bridge, life support and crew quarters required). Is there a different cargo bay needed for transporting people?

TIA
Old August 17th, 2000, 04:28 PM

Sergeant

Grumbling Grognard is on a distinguished road

Geta:

There is only one "Cargo" component (its kinda yellow). But make sure you are not using the blue "Supply" component by mistake, like I did the first time.

The "Supply" component allows you to build ships with longer ranges, but they can not store population, troops, etc. like the "Cargo" components can.

Other than that, just move the cargo ship to the planet you want to pick up cargo from (make sure there is cargo present of course) and you should get a couple of buttons with arrows pointing up and down. These buttons allow you to pick up all (until the ship is full) or will open another window so that you can just pick up a portion of the desired commodity (population...a commodity? )

------------------
The Grumbling Grognard

[This message has been edited by Scott Clinton (edited 17 August 2000).]

I never could understand how an animal could gnaw it's own leg off... Then I got married -- Henny Youngman (King of the One-liners)

God said to me: I'm gonna kick your *** 'cause all you do is ask, ask, ask! -- Ian Hunter
Old August 17th, 2000, 06:18 PM

Private

Jeb is on a distinguished road

Just to amplify a bit:

The easiest way to transfer cargo if you're in orbit around the planet in question is to use the transfer button, which looks like a green arrown and a yellow arrow pointing horizontally in different directions. If you're queuing orders, you can also use the yellow up arrow icon to order a ship to move to a planet and load population (or mines, satellites, etc), and the green down arrow to order a ship to move to a planet and drop cargo.