Warning: Illegal string offset 'type' in [path]/includes/class_postbit.php(294) : eval()'d code on line 65
MP Noobs & Vets: Rise of the AI Menace. EA, BI. Game Over. Team ACGHHS wins! - Page 150 - .com.unity Forums
.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old March 20th, 2010, 01:36 PM

BANNED USER

chrispedersen is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Noobs & Vets: Rise of the AI Menace. EA, BI, Running.

Well, I wish you wouldn't Dr. P. Its been fun matching wits with you and your team. Whether its Phoenix pyring hinnom giants... stone sword weilding gargoyles, or seemingly endless hordes of Niefle jarls, you each played them to a T.

But, if thats the way its to be congratulations on a game well fought.
Old March 20th, 2010, 02:56 PM

First Lieutenant

Illuminated One is on a distinguished road

Thanks for playing everyone.
Old March 20th, 2010, 04:42 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

GrudgeBringer is an unknown quantity at this point

I learned a BUNCH of things I had never even thought about before!!!

One good thing that did come out of this game is that Sept now has a grasp on how he wants to handle turns and he won't face that problem agian.

It seems to me that the other team games where settled a lot quicker than this one was ( I subbed on the Noob side against Baalz and his minions). As this game went on it became more intricate than anything I have ever been involved in. I think everyone (lol, except maybe Chris as he thrives in this environment) was getting just a little burnt out as the game could hinge on EVERY turn, It takes it's toll.

I just want to say, in all honesty I respect AND admire all of you guys on all teams. You are all so much more knowledgeable than I am that I felt like I was running just to keep in sight of your dust.

I am certainly not mad at anyone, I just felt like I was getting blasted for getting my turn in at the last moment and the machine kept faulting and made me look more incompetent than I am/was.

Thanks for everything, I have no idea who won except me for all I learned!!
Old March 21st, 2010, 02:20 AM

Lieutenant Colonel

Septimius Severus is on a distinguished road

Hats off to DrPraetorious and his team. I will look into VPs or just setting a possible final termination point though not sure VPs by themselves would have helped us much here in keeping things from grinding on. Seems both sides were struggling to make any lasting gains and few if any human capitals were taken. Did having having open diplomacy help or hurt in dragging things on? In this case, it probably saved ACGHHS, the Deva's clearly dominating without it. Neither the Blesseds nor the Mysterios really stood a chance without the ability to ally due to their collective inexperience versus Chris and DrP.

Unless I hear from the remaining three captains that they wish to play on, for perhaps learning purposes (as I don't believe what's left of the combined Blesseds and the Mysterios would be able to beat ACGHHS, though they might have fun trying) I will call the game and declare ACGHHS the winner. Exhaustion having settled in for many. PM to be sent for confirmation.

There should be no bad blood between anyone in any game for any reason. We are a tiny obscure community, ultimately all we have is each other. Corny but true.

Be harmonious, enrich the soldiers, and scorn all other men.
-Emperor Septimius Severus, to his sons shortly before his death, quoted in Dio Cassius (77.15.2).

Last edited by Septimius Severus; March 21st, 2010 at 02:27 AM..
Old March 21st, 2010, 02:31 PM

BANNED USER

If there is interest in continuing on, I am willing.

I'm also willing to switch sides.. So for example if Squirrel wanted to captain Achoo and I take over Devas
Old March 21st, 2010, 03:31 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

Correction to my above post. There should be no bad blood between players in any game except for instances of confirmed, deliberate, repeated, and willful cheating. Rare but such things do happen, although I don't believe this has been the case here and would not have significantly altered the outcome if it did occur, though attempts may have been made. I wasn't expecting the intensity of the rivalry between Chris and DrP. You would have thought their very lives depended upon it. Though I do believe Chris, the more "adamant" of the two. Not that it is necessarily a bad thing.

So yes, if any captain and their crew, or any individual players wish to continue, you may do so. Provide me with the details and I can turn anyone AI. Let me know before this turn is up or for those of you who have become "mute", your turn submission may speak for you. As for myself, while I wouldn't mind steering my remaining forces into ACGHHS (I do so love attacking players) for the fun of it , I'd probably much rather concentrate on finishing up work on the next game and attempting to ensure that I can provide a much smoother experience for all. I've no doubt this will be the case.

-Emperor Septimius Severus, to his sons shortly before his death, quoted in Dio Cassius (77.15.2).
Old March 21st, 2010, 05:57 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

GrudgeBringer is an unknown quantity at this point

The way I read this Sept, you infer that there MAY have been attempts to cheat in this game.(see below) I think that is a pretty strong statement considering the gentlemen that played in this particular game. Being competitive is one thing...outright attempts at cheating is a completely different ballgame.

While I don't think this was directed at me (I don't have the knowledge to change anything), I do take offense at the statement in general unless you have more than speculation to back it up. The people who played in this game deserve a 'Hearty, well done' for fighting through all the problems, subs, and time taken to play it. It doesn't deserve a 'Dirty Death'.

My opinion of course

There should be no bad blood between players in any game except for instances of confirmed, deliberate, repeated, and willful cheating. Rare but such things do happen, although I don't believe this has been the case here and would not have significantly altered the outcome if it did occur, though attempts may have been made.
Old March 21st, 2010, 10:36 PM

BANNED USER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Septimius Severus View Post
Correction to my above post. There should be no bad blood between players in any game except for instances of confirmed, deliberate, repeated, and willful cheating. Rare but such things do happen, although I don't believe this has been the case here and would not have significantly altered the outcome if it did occur, though attempts may have been made. I wasn't expecting the intensity of the rivalry between Chris and DrP. You would have thought their very lives depended upon it. Though I do believe Chris, the more "adamant" of the two. Not that it is necessarily a bad thing.

So yes, if any captain and their crew, or any individual players wish to continue, you may do so. Provide me with the details and I can turn anyone AI. Let me know before this turn is up or for those of you who have become "mute", your turn submission may speak for you. As for myself, while I wouldn't mind steering my remaining forces into ACGHHS (I do so love attacking players) for the fun of it , I'd probably much rather concentrate on finishing up work on the next game and attempting to ensure that I can provide a much smoother experience for all. I've no doubt this will be the case.
I wouldn't mind if you attacked Sept.. laughing in a way I know you've been looking forward to it.. but I don't want to do another turn unless we know we have a significant group that want to continue.
Old March 22nd, 2010, 01:19 AM
Major General

Squirrelloid is on a distinguished road

I would rather stop if the Devas are withdrawing.

I'd like to congratulate Dr. P on a game well played. There was some intense back and forth combats there, i certainly had no reason to think we were coming out on top. (I'm sure the rest of his team played well too, but I mostly saw Niefl activity).
Old March 22nd, 2010, 03:39 AM

Lieutenant Colonel

Nah Grudge, I was not inferring your team or anyone else cheated. Was just speculating. Certainly couldn't stop and can't tell if anyone looked at any new turns during rollbacks or not. I really can't guess what people have or have not done. Only the person knows. But as I said, don't think anyone here engaged in anything inappropriate (stuffing labs, etc). And I did everything I could to ensure a fair game and would not allow it to be any other way.

As for yourself, I've always said you were a reliable player, though I think you may have been a bit overburdened timewise with the number of games you were in and your outside commitments. Can't speak for others, but for me, my max is 2 games (especially team games), I don't usually have time for more.

Last edited by Septimius Severus; March 22nd, 2010 at 03:52 AM..