.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Shrapnel Community > The Honorably Discharged > Land of Legends

Old January 7th, 2006, 06:07 PM

Private

Ken_Hill is on a distinguished road
Default Carrying over from demo version?

Hi - I just received my copy of LOL in the mail today and I'm anxious to finish the campaign.

Is there anyway I can skip the scenarios I finished in the demo version? I did not uninstall the demo version hoping it would just overwrite the files and let me continue where I left off.

I really don't want to repeat the "gather money" Elf scenario. That caused me all kinds of trouble!

Great game and thanks in advance for the help!

KenH
Old January 8th, 2006, 06:06 AM

Second Lieutenant

Hiro_Antagonist is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Carrying over from demo version?

Hi there Ken,

There's no easy way to do it. But there is a bit of a 'hack' that will get the job done.

And yes, for those of you wondering, this method will let you skip any mission you want, but fair ...

WARNING: Using this method to skip missions you haven't beaten yourself is cheating. If that's your bag and is what you need to do to enjoy the game, then don't let us stop you. But we feel that the most enjoyable way to play through the game is to play each mission in order, and to overcome the challenges in the game yourself!

That said, if you absolutely want to pass one or more missions, here's what you need to do:

(Be sure to follow these instructions carefully. If you go changing random things in your registry, you can cause software to stop working correctly. If you follow these instructions exactly you'll be fine, but still, USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.)

-Click Start-->Run, type 'regedit' (no quotes) and press enter.
-Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Shrapnel Games\Land of Legends\Profiles\<ProfileName>\Land of Legends\Standard (or Legendary)
-Right-click on the mission you want the game to think you've finished and select 'Modify'.
-Change 'False' to 'True' and then click 'OK'
-Repeat the last 2 steps for each mission you want to pass.

When you restart Land of Legends, it will think you've passed the missions that you changed in the registry.

I hope this helps!

-Hiro_Antagonist
Old January 9th, 2006, 12:53 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

Combat Wombat is on a distinguished road

Cool tip
This will make it easier to replay my favorite missions if I have to reinstall the game.

A* Se+++ GdQ $? Fr! C* Css Sf-- Ai% Au M+++ Mp* S@ Ss++++ RNSHP Pw++ Fq+++ Nd++ Rp++ G++++ Mm++ Bb+++@ L+ Tcp--
Get the newest Version of Invasion! here: http://www.secenter.org/

Old January 9th, 2006, 10:47 PM

Private

Ken_Hill is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the reply! I'll give that a try.

One other question: My girlfriend is also hooked on the game and we will want to play against each other via the Internet. Can we both register with the same serial number? If not, what are our options for playing? Can we do a direct IP connection?

Thanks,
Ken
Old January 9th, 2006, 11:46 PM

Second Lieutenant

Quote:
Ken_Hill said:
One other question: My girlfriend is also hooked on the game and we will want to play against each other via the Internet. Can we both register with the same serial number? If not, what are our options for playing? Can we do a direct IP connection?
Well, you can play at the same computer using the skirmish/hotseat mode. In fact, I think that's even better than the internet mode because it lets you be more social.

But in order to play online, you'd both need an account, which means you'd both need your own registration key.

We're planning on making the demo playable online for v1.20, but that would be limited (races/maps) compared to a game using only purchased copies.

I hope that helps!

-Hiro_Antagonist
Old January 10th, 2006, 05:12 PM

First Lieutenant

PhilD is on a distinguished road

Quote:
[b]We're planning on making the demo playable online for v1.20, but that would be limited (races/maps) compared to a game using only purchased copies.

This is excellent news; if I can tell other players, on various Web forums (fora?), that they can check out the demo and try the online game, I'm pretty sure it will be more efficient to draw them into the game.
Old January 10th, 2006, 06:40 PM

Second Lieutenant

That would be great, PhilD!

But I would recommend waiting until that new demo is released, because it's still not 100% certain it's going to happen. (I would say it's 95+% certain though.)

I'm hoping it will, in fact, help bring new players into the game, and even help existing players get more mileage from their purchases.

-Hiro_Antagonist