.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > After Action Reports
Notices

Old June 22nd, 2009, 08:15 PM

General

Imp is on a distinguished road
Default British Peacekeeping

I love playing Russians for the variety of equipment but for simplicity yet a solid force the Brits are great. I could of course be biased as I am one.

Peacekeeping force present times.
3 Mech Inf Co Warrior II EA
8 Javelin ATGM & 6 MMG in 6 Mastiff PP+
1 LAAD BTY 6 Starstreak SAMs & Land Rovers.
4 Challenger 2 in CS mode
2 Challenger Mine Plow
4 Engineers in trucks
6 FV432 SP Mortars

Support has varied from commonly nothing, some extra arty if attacking.
And at times various recon has been tried any one of the following
A couple of scout helos or RPV (spotter plane)
6 Scimitar Slats, Panther Slaps or WMIK Land Rovers.

The Scimitar Slats are overkill the Warrior is better anyway & while I should really have more PPVs probably than Warriors it was done for fun.
As a Turkey shoot it is quite amusing I have fallen in love with the Warrior.

Why is this little force so great.

Infantry they carry weapons that kill other troops fast & the platoon Leaders are even more dangerous & have a longer range. They also have very good AT capability not that its needed.

Warrior, its real plus are range means it can kill most IFVs below BMP3 status at a range of 2KM with ease. And unlike a lot of other IFVs some of which are more potent it carries a lot of APCR ammo so can get on with it. The Brits have no dedicated SPAAA gun but they dont need it as the Warriors are quite capable of chasing off or killing helos.

So the Warriors are rapidly killing anything that comes in sight & just avoid coming under the guns of tanks or heavy APCs. Javelins & my 6 tanks are set to engage anything with armour 8+ & so take out the big stuff.

The LAADs are surprisingly good a couple of units have been lost to air strikes but they are good kit.

So far the firepower the warriors can put out has proved so deadly especially if terrain is reasonably open that the only tricky bit is making sure they dont drive into a tanks sights, lost a couple to ATGMs but even there VIRSS saves the day.
The infantry are having a quiet time as they just check out dodgy areas like woods & towns but mostly by the time they are in range everybodys dead or running.

Tis a bit of good distracting fun & still requires some thought to keep the Warriors out of harms way, plays nice & quick to as weapons are pretty deadly an enemy squad is lucky to survive more than a couple of turns once hes spotted.