.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2 > After Action Reports
Notices

Old January 25th, 2009, 03:40 PM

General

Imp is on a distinguished road
Default They are not alone

SF> As there are probably more ATGs out there vehicles don't move troops end up moving flat out but find nothing. Still not risking move next turn will have a good view of other side of trees, there are gaps.

BTrousers > Dropped arty here now most units cant see a thing & half the enemy has done a magic trick & vanished. Only guys adj to road can see anyone so clear squads here out of foxholes but C>1 in process. Few other troops move but cant find a thing another man down. Had enough of this tank moves to flags now we can see so they all move there, MMGs jump back in trucks to head up as wasting their time sitting back, time to just risk it.
Situation ends up C> about 5 for 2, 3 new squads in good order 6 fairly healthy originals running & have 4 flags. My forces here consist of BTs platoon, scout, sniper, 3 MKIII, further back 2HTs & 2 trucks with MMGs on board, smoke was used by both sides & now only 2 tanks can see anything.
It all looked so simple to start with.

MF> ATG fires twice for no effect on front & loses a man to Char return fire then a squad fires at him so one of my squads moves to see if can draw more fire, does enemy located fires are exchanged & several squads move forward the upshot of which is I am 2 more men down & have found another 2 squads. Jpz1 moves onto hill 100m from Char damage then kill, another uses cover of smoke for a rear shot & gets the other one. Armour moves onto the hill, more diabolical LOS its all field & I think at this vision the cumulative effect of invisible dust is shuting down fields of fire. Tank has to move to 100m to find a target but digs out a squad. Pioneer says sod it & rides HT to level 2 slope & shreds the other squad, he to vacates, in a good position to move & lay some smoke for ATGs to deploy for flank shots. As he made it several squads in transport run upto that crest line & it forms the new front, just the furthest South tank is on level 1 but its out of reach for the moment.

Of possible intrest since Poland my tanks have had few kills main role has been protecting troops. This along with 2 vehicle changes, start of this battle plus they started out in 35(t) or 38(t)s cant remember which means ave exp is 80. The AC on the other hand are low 90s, they might have died but crew normaly made it.

AIT> Nothing much about C>3 for 1 mainly vs runners, big guns fired on target all tanks are buttoned up as targeted other one 2. AI has lost the plot with his its anywhere but useful & another of my batts has gone walkies.
Old January 25th, 2009, 09:17 PM

First Lieutenant

PanzerBob is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb Re: Them Germans were good

IMP

Sorry to confuse you, I've been keeping track for what I've read so far with the "Thanks"

As for the increased rally/route 140% in my Campaign I've really seen no difference for the Germans but it has made the Poles more aggressive!! This is a good thing.

Bob out

"Whenever in future wars the battle is fought, panzer troops will play the decisive role..."
Heinz Guderian, General der Panzertruppe
Old January 25th, 2009, 09:35 PM

General

Default Re: Them Germans were good

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanzerBob View Post
IMP

Sorry to confuse you, I've been keeping track for what I've read so far with the "Thanks"

As for the increased rally/route 140% in my Campaign I've really seen no difference for the Germans but it has made the Poles more aggressive!! This is a good thing.

Bob out
You might not say that when you get overrun

Think you can remove the thanks Bob so just remove the last one & place a new one as a bookmark.
No objection to you leaving but my ego might get out of hand
Old January 25th, 2009, 09:45 PM

General

Default Starting to fold Turn16

SF> Troops moved & found nothing so stragler in truck moved up & promptly lost 2 men, ATG sighted not firing at though, 2 units on hills "corner" now.

BTrousers> Tanks & sniper took most of the fight out of the defenders sniper getting another 2 men, tank runs out of HE. Squads closed in 2 more squads killed one left in his hole. MMGs drive up & are now heading the attack
A squad breaks off as at least 1 squad heading down the road to safety the chase is on.
MF> AAA decides to get in on the act fires at squad C>1 & routes the others have done there disapearing trick. Squad moving to dig out takes fire from level 3 so vehicles unleash a hail of fire to no avail. My squad fires & loses a man. Others move find missing squads & have better luck 5 down they will probably die when route. Kitchen sink hits the new squad eventualy he hits retreat status but still healty & dug in, Squad moves up & kills last of the original guys.
2 ATGs move up & take position to fire on tanks next turn possibly.
Next squad moves to assault S-35 but wimps out & runs, a 2nd tries & loses a man for his efforts, JPz1 finishes the job for him with 3rd shot.
One of the Co leaders has a go at the lone Southern tank & another gives his boss a hand, everyones alright so a JPz1 runs up & says goodnight.
Units move to position 100m from last 2 tanks placing smoke canceling big arty at (checked it first) A JPz 1 gets hit during this but somehow is perfectly OK.
Small problem just found the other S-35 slightly back & covering remaining 2. I need to clear this area soon as arty would have a fieldday way to many units in one place.
Seems to be nobody home on North peak so HT truck & tank move to its slope with a scout & MMG onboard.
Now own 6 flags & adjacent to central group. N ones are in depression between the 2 peaks & being closed in on from all sides.

AIT> Well that was alarming the dust cleared a bit & new tank fired at now exposed MkIII but missed. Luckily ATGs also exposed all return for 1 hit, it returns MkIII is damaged & Sdkfz7 dies to its mgs. Both ATGs hit & it fires again but none to accuratly & ATGs kill. Had managed to get arty on it now wasted & AIs has stopped. Can see smoke likely 2 mortars targeting as South of browntrousers.

Old January 26th, 2009, 10:35 AM

General

Default Turn 17 The Peaks

SF> first squad to fire kills 2 men & breaks them others move in & lose 3 men as walk point blank into another, original squad moves to 150m & opens up killing 3 so others finnish them off. Vehicles move seems like there is nothing else out there so turning for the hill my 231 dies to a third gun. It has totaly ignored troops passing at 100m. Original squad fires his last shot at 300m & kills 2, thats a 100m move & 7 men taken out top bloke check 91 exp. Tank finnished it off. Scout recieves fire from West side of hill tosses smoke, can't see but protecting approach to flags

BT> The defenders are totaly decimated another squad is found running down the road, remains of 3 squads is all taht survives & they will probably die as they run. Two squads are going for a closer look at the mortars, all flags taken.

MF> One ATG cant get a LOS the other does but is fired on routed, Pioneer emerges from the smoke & routes it. Squad does same for the other tank, it fires but says its paniced so misses squad fails in its assault, Jpz1 delivers its calling card to first tank & MkIII & JPz greet the other.
The first squad onto South peak returns 3 men down the next makes it & decide its time to stop pussy footing we have to clear the area anyway so vehicles role over the crest in force, another squad reaches the peak & the French fire its now a lost cause more vehicles swarm on to the peak & the sky fills with lead. Others move up & there is no return fire they are doomed.
The North peak is clear but a unit loses a man as enters the depresion, scout searches two targets AA moves up takes one out of it & an armoured car runs to we hope a safe distance. MMG moves & takes fire so AC does a ballet dance twirl & we have 4 targets more units moving to engage & HT are loading for assaults. Only 2 visible squads are untouched in this big push casulties dont know but very heavy for French me about 6, centre flags are mine.

AIT> Flakwagens should have stayed out of it like I said, immob & destroyed but crews alright. French fire soon faded under the onslaught & all that remains is 5 dug in squads in the Peak area. Brown trousers pursuit of last 2 might have to take a back seat as Char bis near SW of hill managed to constantly miss a halftrack. It will have friends & covers chase paths effectivly. They could make a break for flags so care needed here.
My arty hit some of his positions as guessed some of his remains quite rest hitting several of my mortars, they will be moving next turn.

Does adding turn no help keep track?
Old January 26th, 2009, 01:17 PM

General

Default Turn18 Terminal velocity reached

Mr half a brain forgot vis 11 so Char does not cover to much so browntrousers area cleared then South peak & a couple of squads make it to the edge taking out runners but seeing no tanks so 4 MkIII a Rampz & 3 JPz1s engage it before an ATG moves up & takes it down. Pushing for turn 20 finnish lose 2 men & a truck when find squad here, dig him out.
At North flags open up then move to find more lose a couple of men but the area is filled with a company between MF & SF have targets for arty adjust now, one squad is out of his hole & another is nearly dead. A good portion of MF is still moving to engage them & SF only has part of force engaged to, FOOs have good LOS.
AIT> I lose a man but the withering return fire means they fair far worse & soon stop shooting then the arty comes down, only one squad I can see is in ready status & my mortars are clear of his stuff.
Old January 26th, 2009, 03:47 PM

General

Default T19 No answer

The German war machine rolls on brown pants squad seemed to be on his own & most flag defenders are out of their holes, the HTs are still enroute.
2 squads make a valient attempt to engage during its turn but are rapidly silenced.
All visible units are routed now where is that HQ

T20 Press on find 2 squads in tricky location due to slopes dust but dig out anyway then hit 2 AAA guns, take them on MKIII is damaged but they lose 1& 3 men. Cancel arty & everyone but AAguns are wiped out in the route.
Objective achieved have all flags game ends so have a look at map.
HQ was just about to fall but South of route 91 I have missed a large lump of him.
Lots of mines Bunkers & at least one infantry company & 5 tanks, oh well.
Score 5638 vs 388 Decisive victory
I lost 125 men & 4 AFVs so about 1/8th of my force

If you have any suggestions now is the time if you dont say you want turn no will just mention on occasion.
I have a path choice it appears france capitulated, N.Africa or the Balkans
Chose the Balkans I am going to take on Greece then switch to N.Africa unless somebody suggests otherwise.
Lots of mountains here & detailed report when get round to deploy but I am going with no support this time on an assault I think

Details in new post "Balkans N.Africa leg"
Old January 30th, 2009, 04:04 AM

First Lieutenant

PanzerBob is on a distinguished road
Tongue Re: Them Germans were good

Turn number is fine, wouldn't want to inflate your ego!! Imp

Bob out

"Whenever in future wars the battle is fought, panzer troops will play the decisive role..."
Heinz Guderian, General der Panzertruppe