.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2 > After Action Reports
Notices

Old April 10th, 2010, 12:39 AM

First Lieutenant

Roman is on a distinguished road
Default Long Campaign EE.UU

Has anyone done a long campaign with the U.S. since 1942? It is making me hard. The Japanese are very tough opponents. My soldiers will be acquired experience. The land of the first battles are difficult for the tanks so I can not use the supremacy of tanks. If I buy a lot of Japanese buying more guns. I have two decisive victories, two marginal and one draw. But it's hard ...
Please comment if someone made a long campaign with the U.S. I started in 1943 but I do not give up.
Old April 10th, 2010, 07:32 AM

General

Imp is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Long Campaign EE.UU

Why would it not be hard as you said the Japs are tough? Looking at your results its not that hard only you have not lost & only one draw so you are doing fine.
Old April 10th, 2010, 11:37 AM

First Lieutenant

iCaMpWiThAWP is on a distinguished road

Japs are really tough, they refuse to rout and to disperse, bring your firepower to the party, have mortars ready to bag them, don't go head on in the jungle, be happy to draw without excessive losses
Old April 10th, 2010, 11:51 AM

First Lieutenant

Hello John. It is true that I'm not so bad but I have suffered losses. It is also true that two or three times restarted the campaign because I realized that for the first battles was convenient to have infantry and artillery rather than armored. Before buying the team co 42 but was expensive and armored jam. So buy infantry, artillery, antitank and antiaircraft. The first battles were with Japanese air supremacy. The Japanese infantry I have a lot of moral, because sometimes their squads are a soldier and keep fighting. I find it harder to start a long struggle with Germany for example.
It just makes sense because U.S. goes to war and the Japanese had already been a few years warring.
I want to clarify that I'm sharing experience and is not a criticism of the game. I think the game is excellent.
I have one doubt. The infantry rifle squads have M1. They have´n machine guns Thompson. The cavalry has the Thompson with great firepower but are weak units. It would likely have the option of having a squad Thompson rifles that are lethal at close range?
Old April 11th, 2010, 05:45 AM

General

For some of the terrain the Japs fight in the Thompson would be a nice choice I admit.
However against the Japs I try to keep them more distant unless I really know whats ot there. If anybody has a tendency to keep coming & overrun you its these guys so getting close up can get nasty PDQ.
Old April 11th, 2010, 11:01 PM

First Lieutenant

The M1 is good long and medium haul but I am doing the campaign with small maps (40X40). The maps do little to make quick battles but always neglect. I'll try to do 90 battles since 1942. Just finished a battle of delay and then the Japanese had over me. It ended in victory was marginal but a butcher. Since the map is small I am applying the Thompson, but not Mc Arthur sends me ...
Old May 6th, 2010, 12:51 AM

First Lieutenant

If you do want to stress suffer from a long campaign with the U.S. beginning in 1942. The Japs will lose sleep.
I left last season with three draws, three decisive victories and three wins marginal.
I left because in the last battle (Guadalcanal) I forgot to buy anti-aircraft and it bothered me.
The campaign did not come so bad but in a moment I thought to start later in Tunisia. But I do not give up, and started another campaign. My tactics will take care of my main force. I'm playing big map (160x120) but I can maneuver and choose the battle. I do not worry about getting all the points of victory. That the early battles to give me a tie (and the first was a draw) but my troops gain experience. Something like what happened in reality ....
I started with three infantry companies and two platoons of machine guns and could add another infantry company after the first battle. For now the artillery is always auxiliary anti-aircraft buy. In the second battle are attacking me as 10 planes, or more.
I will resist at all costs but when you get the option of Africa I'm coming. The forest stresses me.
Old May 6th, 2010, 11:02 AM

General

You are going from one extreme to the other with your maps, try the default 80x80 possibly make it a bit wider if your force becomes mechanised.
On foot its going to take you a while just to bump heads
Old May 6th, 2010, 04:43 PM

First Lieutenant

Yes. Maybe it's better for the early battles. But I give the Japanese better off with machine guns. In short distance are very hard. It is unlikely that they are retreating or routed. To battle against Japan's best U.S. or USMC?
Old May 6th, 2010, 07:08 PM

Captain

gila is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman View Post
Yes. Maybe it's better for the early battles. But I give the Japanese better off with machine guns. In short distance are very hard. It is unlikely that they are retreating or routed. To battle against Japan's best U.S. or USMC?
USMC IMO,as they were trained for amphip and jungle assults(exp and morale) which in an camp.you will surely need.
Even in a meeting engagements better to have trained grunts.
Should not make map too large than your leg units and not rely on halftracks to boost infty speed.
Stuarts and bazookas are all you'll need against JIA armour,also just IMHO.