.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old February 3rd, 2012, 10:08 AM

Second Lieutenant

Mightypeon is on a distinguished road
Default Re: "Relaxed Pace" Late Age Game

I wont get that turn in in time I guess.
Old February 3rd, 2012, 10:15 AM

Corporal

wonderloss is on a distinguished road

Given everybody's replies, I think I will end the game. I will extend 24 hours for Ulm to reply. If he does not, I will declare it finished.
Old February 3rd, 2012, 11:36 AM

Second Lieutenant

Mightypeon is on a distinguished road

Finished. And Swedished!
Old February 3rd, 2012, 06:16 PM

Sergeant

PriestyMan is on a distinguished road

you should let the turn host though so i can see if my communion works the way i wanted it to

Old February 3rd, 2012, 09:55 PM

Corporal

wonderloss is on a distinguished road

I will not end it before the turn hosts.
Old February 4th, 2012, 05:11 PM

Sergeant

Olm is on a distinguished road

Its a bit sad, that my first MP game ends like that, I think it would have deserved a proper winner.

Well before everyone looses interest, I want to give a very short AAR of Man's failure:

Its been a long time since, and I cannot remember everything, but I'll do my best.

I chose a sleeping rainbow pretender with good Order and Growth.
My starting point was 8. A good defensible position, but unfortunately only against land nations.
The game started out very (very, very) poorly. I lost my Prophet in the first fight to a stray arrow from some horsetribe cavallery. Half of my starting army also perished.
I tried a dozen similar fights in testgames, loosing none, often winning without loosing one unit! But here it was a total loss.
So I has a slow start and soon found out that R'lyeh was my neighbor to the east. So no Pretender, no Prophet and R'lyeh spreading his deadly Dominion with probably dom 10.
I had to put much more money in temples and priests, than I wanted.
Going north I found an Inkpod End in the woods :-(
When I arrived at the cruciual province 24 R'lyeh had already crossed it with his Worm into the western sea, so now it was R'lyeh Dominion from two sides.
At some time the Worm (unequipped) attacked me, but it turned out longbowmen are great against him and he fled.
I had to cut through 24, otherwise the game would have been over then.
I managed to do it, and after some dispute with Ulm I managed to establish something of a defensible position with 24, 29, 31, 37 and 44. Even with building many temples and priests I had enough money to build quite some forts, so the position was not bad.
Then I attacked 49, as nobody else took it.
I got greedy as I saw the nation north of there (don't remember which it was) being very weak and hard pressed by Jomon, so I marched northward. That was the biggest mistake. I managed to capture some provinces with minimal losses, but just when my army reached the northern end of the map, R'lyeh attacked in the south.
My army started to march south, but was months away.
Bogus came to my help, killing the R'lyeh worm, who was sieging my home
, but it did not help much.
Perhaps I could have had a chance, as yeh had also other enemies, but I had annoyed Ulm with my nooby mistakes (using scouts to ferry troops and then "sneak" them into his territory without unloading the troops. That happened twice. And once I just confused the images of a scout and my mercenary commander). I can not blame him. I was annoying and weak. So he attacked me and split my nation. From the on it was dying a slow death. I had some minor victories but I went down fast.
In the end, after my Pretender died in sight of the Towers of Chelms, I gave everything to Jomon to continue the fight against Ulm and R'lyeh (which he did splendidly, as long as I was able to observe) and pestered Ulm with two Lord Wardens and a mercenary band. I managed to take 2-3 provinces from him and that was what was left of Mans hopes when the last white candle died.

As mentioned previously I had fun, although I must admit I like the MA much more and fighting R'lyeh is a pain.

If its worth for anything: I'd vote for Jomon as winner.

CU in other games.
Old February 4th, 2012, 10:20 PM

Sergeant

tratorix is on a distinguished road

Please kill it, this game has been crippled for a while now. Either Ry'leh or Jomon are probably in the best position to win, but I honestly can't muster up any enthusiasm for this right now.