World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT
Notices

Old August 16th, 2005, 01:43 PM

Sergeant

scJazz is on a distinguished road
Default Bug Report 16082005

Scenario 89 Marine Armor in Korea #2
If you start game and call in airstrikes without changing or even touching the Air Entry and Exit items the game will freeze during the called in airstrikes. The planes are flying backwards during this. Saved game attached.

Also... Scenario 33 Blackhorse
I guess this is not a bug persay but just strange...
US unit E4 and units like it show one set of weapons in 1st information screen (M16, M16, LAW, H. Grenade) and different set of weapons in second information screen (M16, 40mm Grenade). Unit appears to be using first list of weapons. Just curious.

Did a search for the Helo ATGM OpFire launch issue and couldn't find anything (my fault). This is the issue that has been noted before. User clicks on a Helo and launches an attack where the ATGM (improved TOW in this case) is the only weapon in range... before the launch enemy OpFire occurs... after the launch no missile is removed from ammo.

I wanted to add that this problem is not exclusive to Helos. It happened with a Bradley in Scenario 33 Blackhorse as well. Sorry no save. If I repeated things already said about this problem I apologize. Again I searched the board but couldn't find the thread.

When viewing the Unit List (in game Clipboard looking icon) the Previous button doesn't do Previous it does 1st page.

Jazz
Attached Files
File Type: zip 374027-backwardsflight.zip (78.6 KB, 135 views)
Old August 16th, 2005, 03:46 PM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,853 Times in 1,217 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Bug Report 16082005

Quote:
scJazz said:
Scenario 89 Marine Armor in Korea #2
If you start game and call in airstrikes without changing or even touching the Air Entry and Exit items the game will freeze during the called in airstrikes. The planes are flying backwards during this. Saved game attached.

Also... Scenario 33 Blackhorse
I guess this is not a bug persay but just strange...
US unit E4 and units like it show one set of weapons in 1st information screen (M16, M16, LAW, H. Grenade) and different set of weapons in second information screen (M16, 40mm Grenade). Unit appears to be using first list of weapons. Just curious.

Did a search for the Helo ATGM OpFire launch issue and couldn't find anything (my fault). This is the issue that has been noted before. User clicks on a Helo and launches an attack where the ATGM (improved TOW in this case) is the only weapon in range... before the launch enemy OpFire occurs... after the launch no missile is removed from ammo.

I wanted to add that this problem is not exclusive to Helos. It happened with a Bradley in Scenario 33 Blackhorse as well. Sorry no save. If I repeated things already said about this problem I apologize. Again I searched the board but couldn't find the thread.

When viewing the Unit List (in game Clipboard looking icon) the Previous button doesn't do Previous it does 1st page.

Jazz
The main info screen will show the weapons the unit actually has. The second (iformation) one pulls that unit's data from the OOB info, and any text item as well. If this is a scanario, and the designer changed the units weapons or other data then the OOB info will of course, differ (and may look really weird if the designer say changed a truck to someting completely different !! . No way to change that.

I'll have a look at this savegame.

The helos you noted elsewhere.

(It is much better to report one bug item per message, then replies etc can be added to that - makes tracking things much easier. )

Cheers
Andy
Old August 16th, 2005, 04:20 PM

Well - somehow the planes had weird in and out directions (11 and 26 which are way too high!).

I tried to recreat this in the code (these variables are initialised), and cannot see how these numbers got assigned. Any time I try to fly these planes without estting the direction, they come in OK. (This may have something to do with the artillery bug for too many units - the cancel buttons were going in and trying to set air direction amongst other things), so may have been a side-effect of that one.

However - I have added safety code in the various air strike routines to check if the number is too high, and to override with a sensible default if out of range.

Andy
Old August 16th, 2005, 04:40 PM

Sergeant

Quote:
Mobhack said:
<SNIP>
(It is much better to report one bug item per message, then replies etc can be added to that - makes tracking things much easier. )

Cheers
Andy
So noted... 1 bug per message. Felt bad about littering board with messages the other day.

Any news regarding the Previous button and ATGM OpFire thing?

Cheers
Jazz
Old August 16th, 2005, 06:19 PM

Quote:
scJazz said:
Quote:
Mobhack said:
<SNIP>

Cheers
Andy
So noted... 1 bug per message. Felt bad about littering board with messages the other day.

Any news regarding the Previous button and ATGM OpFire thing?

Cheers
Jazz
Some day I'll have a test scenario which can do this reliably enough to debug.

Cheers
Andy
Old August 16th, 2005, 06:28 PM

Sergeant

I'll replay the Blackhorse scenario over the next few days. It happened several times which is how I noticed it happens with Bradley's as well.

BTW who wrote Blackhorse? Mentions SP Camo team.
Old August 17th, 2005, 07:34 AM

An ideal debug scenario is one made in the editor with 1 target and i firer (or not much more) so one can concentrate on a few units, and not have to cycle through 500 unit's spotting and op-fire attempts etc (once you have found it then you can always set a breakpoint on say i=234 but finding it the first few times is a pain in a large scenario !.

So I'll try to do one with an ATGM firer some day (as it is the same as a helo it appears, saves bothering with the avoidance action code) and some 3-4 experienced targets to reaction fire back, on a simple flat map.

Cheers
Andy