World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > TO&Es
Notices

Old October 19th, 2014, 11:25 AM

Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,237 Times in 925 Posts
FASTBOAT TOUGH is on a distinguished road
Fallout Re: Usmc oob

I really don't have much time work is on my near horizon, however this should answer your questions starting around Page 171. It gives you everything on equipment status. Only glanced over it but, it looks like it'll take two vehicles to transport what's being called a "reinforced rifle platoon" the timeline might not make it game inclusive but, I'll watch it. This brings into the limelight in the previous section what is being done to upgrade the AAV-7. Lots of good stuff in here from the FY 2013 end of year review.
http://www.hqmc.marines.mil/Portals/...13%20Final.pdf

Regards,
Pat

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..
Old October 19th, 2014, 01:47 PM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,853 Times in 1,217 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Usmc oob

Room for a few men over is always better than even 1 light - leaves room for extra attachments, space for extra stores, sleeping bags, the grunts large packs (which AFV designers never seem to factor in - they seem to presume the guys are in fighting belt order only), extra powerpoint slides (if an HQ), more p*rno mags (if regular grunts), slabs of beer, etc.

If they want a real force multiplier, then fit the thing with the UK Boiling Vessel (BV) - hot water and cooking all in one little box.
http://www.armedforces-int.com/artic...ng-vessel.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boiling_vessel
Old October 19th, 2014, 02:38 PM

Lieutenant General

Suhiir is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Usmc oob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobhack View Post
Room for a few men over is always better than even 1 light - leaves room for extra attachments, space for extra stores, sleeping bags, the grunts large packs (which AFV designers never seem to factor in - they seem to presume the guys are in fighting belt order only), extra powerpoint slides (if an HQ), more p*rno mags (if regular grunts), slabs of beer, etc.
EXACTLY!

As to FASTBOAT TOUGH's reference:

AAV7A1 RAM/RS more upgrades in 2015-2017, to be used till at least 2030.
JLTV to begin replacing HMMWV in 09/2017, total replacement by 2021.
The MTVR Armor System (MAS) planned to be installed on all MTVR variants deployed to hostile environments.
"The MPC will be effective across the range of military operations during sustained operations ashore and reinforce the assault echelon during forcible-entry operations. Both MPC and the new amphibious combat vehicle will replace the legacy Amphibious Assault Vehicles in the Assault Amphibian (AA) Battalions of Marine divisions. An MPC Company is designed to lift an infantry battalion in conjunction with the infantry’s organic wheeled assets." So the MPC will NOT replace the AAV but rather supplement it.

This I found interesting:
The Marine Corps will acquire 357 STOVL (F-35B) aircraft and 63 CV (F-35C)aircraft for a total of 420 JSFs.

People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein