World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT
Notices

Old June 23rd, 2005, 12:10 PM

Private

Ballista is on a distinguished road
Default RE: Maps

Sorry to repost this, but I posted it in the wrong topic area :

New to the forum, so hello to all you folks out there. This is one of the few games I keep coming back to (the WW2 one also) time and time again. Great job giving it a facelift !

I have a question though. Is there anyway to take a map you've created and outputting it to say a BMP or some such without taking screenshots and pasting the things together ? Maybe a utility to choose a zoom level and generate the BMP. Size is not an issue, as I'm thinking of using the generator part as a way to generate maps for my microarmor campaigns (I currently use a program I wrote in Visio to do this).
Old June 23rd, 2005, 01:21 PM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,853 Times in 1,217 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road
Default Re: RE: Maps

Nope, unfortunately.

I experimeted with this in a map viewer programme, but basically there is a maximum size for bitmaps before something goes horribly wrong with them. Something deep in the bmp code of Windows.

The map viewer therefore produced a tiled set of images for the map which you could stitch together manually.

However with this game being windows compliant in windowed mode, ALT+PRINTSCREEN will generate a capture to the clipboard, drop that into a paint programme and chop off the surroundings and you have the same thing.

And, setting your monitor to 1600 mode, and the game to 1600 resolution is a great way to do map captures, as the map area is HUGE even on the default zoom. (CD extended edition). At the bottom of http://linetap.com/www/drg/SPCamo-4.htm is a link to a sample 1600 screen shot, I think in the default zoom level. it's a large file !

Cheers
Andy
Old June 23rd, 2005, 01:34 PM

Private

Thanks for the reply- I think that's what I'll have to do when I get my CD I was just hoping to get something more automatic. I wonder if there are any other formats it can be cudgeled into (Tiff, Jpg, etc) ? Now that its windows-based- it should be possible somehow to create an output format that can be printed.....
Old June 23rd, 2005, 01:46 PM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,853 Times in 1,217 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Ballista said:
Thanks for the reply- I think that's what I'll have to do when I get my CD I was just hoping to get something more automatic. I wonder if there are any other formats it can be cudgeled into (Tiff, Jpg, etc) ? Now that its windows-based- it should be possible somehow to create an output format that can be printed.....
That is the "save as" function of the paint programme you use. The default Windows paint I think only saves as bitmap, but get a hold if IrfanView for example. Open irfanview (or paintshop Pro or whatever), select paste or paste as new image or whatever the appropriate command is to get the Windows clipboard into the programme.

Once it's in there you can then save it off as any of the programme's supported file types.

Cheers
Andy
Old June 23rd, 2005, 01:54 PM

Private

Sometime I'll get a handle on a 40"-60" color printer and stitch together a map of 1.5" hexes for my microarmor. In the meantime, keep up the great work ! Any ETA on the WW2 version yet