Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT
Notices

Old June 23rd, 2005, 01:16 PM

Private

Stian is on a distinguished road
Default Unit Icons - size

Hi all - I downloaded the game today and it works perfectly and looks just awesome. Probably I'll buy it soon to support the wonderful work that's been done!

Just a quick question: Is it possible to change the size of the unit icons in the game, like in SPWAW, where the smallest size is 'realistic'. I sometimes think the units (especially tanks), look way too big, taking up the width of an entire street for instance... Ok I know an M1 is a huge tank, but still...

I've not seen the option under Preferences, but can it be done in other ways, or are there plans of implementing this in the future?

Keep up the good work!

Cheers,
Stian
Old June 23rd, 2005, 01:39 PM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,853 Times in 1,217 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Unit Icons - size

Quote:
Stian said:
Hi all - I downloaded the game today and it works perfectly and looks just awesome. Probably I'll buy it soon to support the wonderful work that's been done!

Just a quick question: Is it possible to change the size of the unit icons in the game, like in SPWAW, where the smallest size is 'realistic'. I sometimes think the units (especially tanks), look way too big, taking up the width of an entire street for instance... Ok I know an M1 is a huge tank, but still...

I've not seen the option under Preferences, but can it be done in other ways, or are there plans of implementing this in the future?

Keep up the good work!

Cheers,
Stian
No plans at the moment, but it should be do-able, so I may well investigate it some time in the future.

Cheers
Andy
Old June 23rd, 2005, 02:51 PM

Captain

PlasmaKrab is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Unit Icons - size

Quote:
Stian said:

Remember that there is still a scale difference between background and units.
If you look at the range figures, one hex is 50 m/yards approx. while unit scale is 1 pixel = - in. / 15 cm

Since icons are max 89 pxl long, that make, let's calculate... 44.5 ft. or 13.6 m max unit length (I have seen some but not many ).

So no wonder units look four times too big!

Cheers,

Plasma