.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > After Action Reports
Notices

Old July 3rd, 2009, 11:26 PM

Captain

RERomine is on a distinguished road
Default Re: DAR: Yom Kippor War - Sinai

Turn 9

North Sector
Brought up more BTRs to support the infantry, but blundered into the LOS of the enemy Sh'ot Kal tanks. Four BTRs were destroyed. Enemy infantry took some casualties, however. Plotted mortars on the enemy, but it will be two turns before it comes in. I expected problems in the area, but they are between the registration points here. Sending four tanks as support and Sagger teams are also on their way. Artillery starting to hit enemy M-109 SPAA units. No effect.

Center Sector
Infantry pushing forward in this area. No enemy around except the infantry in the north sector.

South Sector
Destroyed the last enemy Sh'ot Kal tank. Time to relocate the AT guns. Artillery dropped near my mounted infantry, but no damage. The one tank platoon that had been assisting with the ambush will drop back into reserve.

Casualties

Friendly: Four BTR-50PK APCs destroyed, estimated 10 casualties..

Enemy: One Sh'ot Kal tank destroyed, estimated 10 casualties.
Old July 3rd, 2009, 11:41 PM

Captain

Turn 10

North Sector
Looks like there is a second enemy platoon east of Hill 2. So far, my infantry and three surviving BTRs are holding them off. I've got four tanks and eight more BTRs coming up to support. Mortar rounds should start hitting them next turn. More artillery hitting the enemy M-109s, but still no effect. They keep dropping 155mm rounds all over the place.

Center Sector
Swinging one platoon around to help the forces on Hill 2. The remaining two platoons are pushing toward their objectives.

South Sector
Continuing to move toward the objectives. One flag turned. There is one know enemy mech infantry squad around, but it's beat up pretty well.

Casualties

Friendly: Estimated 10 casualties.

Enemy: Estimated 10 casualties.
Old July 3rd, 2009, 11:57 PM

Captain

Turn 11

North Sector
Enemy infantry pulling back some. Was able to bring up one more BTR to engage them, one more squad and the mortar rounds started falling. I suspect they are here in company strength, so they will be back. Counter battery destroyed one enemy M-109.

Center Sector
Encountered one enemy squad in the center sector while moving on objectives. I'm sure it's not alone.

South Sector
That enemy mech infantry squad or at least what's left of it is still pretty spry. It took some shots at my mounted infantry as it was moving by. The support tanks managed to quiet it down some.

Casualties

Friendly: Estimated 5 casualties.

Enemy: One M-109 Rohev destroyed, estimated 10 casualties.
Old July 4th, 2009, 12:21 AM

Captain

Turn 12

North Sector
Looks like the enemy has another platoon coming up east of Hill 2. My infantry is pushing forward slowly, but are being engaged by enemy AAA and tanks from their deployment zone. So far, no assigned objective flags have been turned. Three enemy Sh'ot Kal tanks seen in the rear. No effect by the counter battery this turn. Tanks, ATGMs and four SPAA units still moving to support.

Center Sector
That enemy squad is taking on one of mine and winning. My squad is pulling back. It doesn't hurt that it's being helped by AAA, tanks and an FO jeep. Six enemy Sh'ot Kal tanks seen in the rear. Three are stationary and three are moving southwest. One of four objective flags captured.

South Sector
Enemy mech infantry squad is retreating. Forces still moving forward. Two SPAA units moving up also. Those ZSU-57-2s aren't much for antiair support, but do well against ground troops. Three of four objective flags captured. AT guns are moving forward to deal with the enemy tanks approaching from the center. Enemy artillery hitting one infantry SAM in the rear. I need to get it out of there.

Casualties

Old July 4th, 2009, 12:43 AM

Captain

Turn 13

North Sector
My tanks are in position to move around the north side of Hill 3, but not with three Israeli tanks out there. The Sagger teams are still moving up. Two SPAA units are about to move into the gap between Hills 1 and 2 to engage two enemy infantry platoons southeast of Hill 2. My infantry is very slowly moving forward in this area, but this is also where the greatest resistence is. Counter battery still hitting enemy M-109s. Three of those have been spotted.

Center Sector
Three Tiran 5Sh tanks spotted in enemy rear area. There are also nine Sh'ot Kal tanks, but only one is moving. I'm not sure if the three that were heading southwest are in that number. All of these tanks are facing west. Two enemy half-tracks also spotted heading west. More mech infantry? Lone enemy squad is taking fire from an number of friendly squads not and is retreating.

South Sector
Lead BTR nearing final objective in this sector. Two enemy bazooka teams were nearby. One to the northeast and one to the southeast. Both have been firing at the lead BTR, but no hits. BTRs to the rear, plus the infantry squad in the lead BTR have been returning fire at the bazooka teams. They are starting to pull back. Enemy artillery still falling near some units, but no casualties.

Casualties

Old July 4th, 2009, 01:05 AM

Captain

Turn 14

North Sector
Firing every weapon in the gun cabinet at the two enemy infantry platoons. It's starting to have an affect. Unfortunately, I can't really move forward in this area until I deal with the enemy tanks to my front. They are still sitting there. Counter battery still hitting M-109s. Destroyed one and got a good "thunk" on another.

Center Sector
There are still a total of 12 enemy tanks to the front in this sector. I'm moving my Sagger teams forward. Until I deal with the tanks, I'm stuck. The enemy FO jeep is done, however.

South Sector
Company HQ squad was destroyed. Turns out there is an enemy platoon in the area as well as the bazooka teams. I destroyed two, but a third showed up. Unless those enemy tanks that were heading southwest a few turns ago show up, I should be able to deal with what is here.

Casualties

Friendly: Estimated 10 casualties.

Enemy: One M-109 Rohev and FO jeep destroyed, estimated 20 casualties.

Last edited by RERomine; July 4th, 2009 at 01:34 AM..
Old July 4th, 2009, 01:43 AM

Captain

Turn 15

North Sector
Infantry is still pushing forward, slowly. I'm close to one objective flag in this area. The Sagger teams have been dropped off on Hill 3. They have to move up, but should be in position to fire on turn 17. Enemy infantry is still milling around southeast of Hill 2. I'm still chopping them up, but they just got reinforcements in the form of mech infantry. It would have been nice to pop the half-tracks before they dropped off, but I don't have anything close that can do that. Counter battery still firing. The "thunked" M-109 isn't visible anymore and might have bugged out. Only one left.

Center Sector
Looks like another enemy infantry platoon is moving into the center east of Hill 1. My infantry is holding them off, but not getting too wild with all those enemy tanks to the front. One Sagger team got off two missiles for one hit and no damage. The other three teams are still moving up. That leaves me with 12 tanks and 14 missiles.

South Sector
Seems like I can chop up Israeli infantry good if they don't have AT support. I got two out of three bazooka teams last turn and this turn I was able to destroy all three enemy infantry squads. They were blasted good with BTR and tank fire and then the BTRs unloaded next to them and my infantry laid into them. Worked out well. Captured the last planned objective in this sector. I might be able to get one intended for the center sector as well.

Casualties

Friendly: Estimated 15 casualties.

Enemy: Estimated 40 casualties.
Old July 4th, 2009, 02:11 AM

Captain

Turn 16

North Sector
Sagger teams are in position to engage two of the three Sh'ot Kal tanks in to their front. Infantry is pushing forward and captured one of four objectives assigned to them. Counter battery fire still continuing on M-109 position. I see only one, but was periodically hearing two "tinks" from one shot. Not sure I should hear hits on a unit I can't see. I think it's the one I thought bugged out. Enemy southeast of Hill 2 pushing into center sector.

Center Sector
The enemy has about two platoons of infantry pushing southwest toward two objectives I captured. My infantry is falling back. The enemy moved up three Sh'ot Kal tanks in support. I did destroy two Sh'ot Kal tanks and one Tiran 5Sh tank with Saggers. I also got a half track with one of my SPAAs which are now drawing mortar fire. Two Tiran 5Sh and one Sh'ot Kal have moved forward. One platoon of enemy infantry is moving north to capture an objective I haven't gotten to yet.

South Sector
Captured the fourth objective assigned to my forces in this sector. I'm going to try to move north and support the center sector.

Casualties

Friendly: Estimated 15 casualties.

Enemy: Two Sh'ot Kal, one Tiran 5Sh and one half-track destroyed, Estimated 20 casualties.
Old July 4th, 2009, 06:38 PM

Captain

Turn 17

North Sector
Sagger teams engaged Israeli tanks to their front. Unfortunately, they are well with in range of enemy AAA units. Those fired as soon as my Saggers turned loose and if they managed to suppress or destroy the team first, the missile never hit. They got one team and I got one tank. Two other teams were suppressed and one enemy tank popped smoke. Friendly infantry is pushing forward to try to get some shots at the AAA units. My tanks are also moving forward as well. I need to deal with the AAA.

Center Sector
Six enemy tanks are pushing forward. Sagger teams got one and also a half-track. The teams were out of AAA range this time since the enemy is moving forward.
Two BTRs got popped by an enemy tank. My infantry is still pulling back from two center flags I captured earlier. I've got three tanks on Hill 1 maneuvering for a safe shot and three more angling in from the southwest. Mortar fire hit the advancing enemy infantry.

South Sector
No enemy activity in the south sector. Forces are moving to support the center.

Casualties

Friendly: Two BTR-50PK destroyed, estimated 15 casualties.

Enemy: One Sh'ot Kal, one Tiran 5Sh and one half-track destroyed, Estimated 20 casualties.

Last edited by RERomine; July 4th, 2009 at 06:55 PM..
Old July 4th, 2009, 07:26 PM

Captain

Turn 18

North Sector
Lone Sagger team engaged enemy tank and missed. The tank popped smoke and an AAA unit fired at the Sagger team. Since the two enemy tanks were behind a smoke screen, I pulled up my four tanks in the area and destroyed the AAA unit. I also took a few shots at one M-109 I could see. The smoke screen on one of the enemy tanks cleared enough for it to fire at my tanks. The first and only shot missed. My Sagger team fired and destroyed it. Friendly infantry continued to move forward as did my other Sagger teams. More AAA units opened up without affect.

Center Sector
Sagger teams engaged enemy tanks visible, destroying two and the other two were retreating and one couldn't been seen. Tanks on Hill 1 moved forward and destroyed another, while tanks moving up from the southwest got a fourth. Somewhere along the line, they destroyed an enemy half-track also. The problem is my infantry is fighting their infantry pretty much alone and losing! I pulled up some BTRs and one SPAA to help. That last enemy tank popped out and destroyed the SPAA unit. As far as I know there are only four enemy tanks left in this sector alive. Forces from south sector managed to turn one flag, leaving only one to be captured, but I have to still hold the other two I have.

South Sector
Advancing northeast to support center. No enemy activity in the sector short of some incoming mail.

Casualties

Friendly: One ZSU-57-2 destroyed, estimated 15 casualties.

Enemy: Four Sh'ot Kal, one Tiran 5Sh, one half-track and one TCM 20mm AAG destroyed, Estimated 30 casualties.