.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Bronze- Save $9.00
winSPMBT: Main Battle Tank- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > Campaigns, Scenarios & Maps
Notices

Old December 30th, 2017, 05:06 PM

Corporal

Grant1pa is on a distinguished road
Default Questions Regarding Scenario Development

I know these have probably been asked before but to the best of me I can't find them. So apologies ahead of time if it was.

(1): How do you bail out a crew. I have AFV's I want to keep unmanned with the crews nearby. I thought there was a hotkey for this and if so, it probably only works during game play. But is there a bail out key to use during scenario development?

(2): Can you set a helicopter/aircraft to sit on the ground (occupied or unoccupied?)? I want to sit helos on an airfield for an assault team to attack. I've tried setting the speed to zero and that keeps them in place, but when I set the occupants to zero, they of course, fall and crash.

Any help would be appreciated.

Tom
Old December 30th, 2017, 06:55 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,387 Times in 2,684 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Questions Regarding Scenario Development

1/ It's all in the game guide. Start it. Press ALT+f that starts a windows pop up window...press FIND.. enter "bail" and it will bring you to here first things

Quote:
@----For a vehicle or other crewed item, bail the crew out, mainly useful to rescue core crews in a campaign game.
You cannot bail a crew during scenario design... a tank without a crew at start up is a dead tank

2/ Ditto...... a crewless helo is a dead helo

unless someone has found a workaround I'm not aware of.....but it seems to me maybe someone has found a way......IDK after 20 years things start to blur

Don

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
Old December 30th, 2017, 08:56 PM

Corporal

Grant1pa is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRG View Post
2/ Ditto...... a crewless helo is a dead helo

unless someone has found a workaround I'm not aware of.....but it seems to me maybe someone has found a way......IDK after 20 years things start to blur

Don
Thanks Mate! I figured the first one would be the case. As for the second, I've worked around it by eliminating the weaponry, putting the crew to 1, speed to zero. I guess they are hovering but at least they are stationary and sitting ducks.

I appreciate the help.

Tom
Old December 30th, 2017, 10:23 PM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,851 Times in 1,216 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road

Point 2. Already done for you in the UN OOB, landed aircraft (ie a utility vehicle with speed 0 and a plane icon). Buy as allies or captured as necessary for the scenario.

Or jut place a utility vehicle of your own OOB on the map, change the speed to 0 in the scenario editor. And then..

Finally - use scenhack to change the icon (There may be a way in the scenario editor to change icon ID as well?) to whatever helicopter you want. You will have to find this in an OOB that has the plane or helo wanted.
Old December 30th, 2017, 11:20 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,387 Times in 2,684 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

Yeah there's that but I thought he was trying to have empty Helos and crews separate......if all you want is sitting ducks then buy trucks, make speed zero crew 1 put them where you want them then rename them with ScenHack and change the Icon to the Helo of your choice....Voilà....targets

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
Old December 31st, 2017, 01:18 AM

Lieutenant General

Suhiir is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRG View Post
You cannot bail a crew during scenario design... a tank without a crew at start up is a dead tank
Don
Not entirely true.
If during scenario design you put a vehicle aboard an aircraft the a crew will be created. During the scenario you can have the crew re-man the vehicle. It's a "bit" fiddly, but it works.

I'm using this in one of my campaign scenarios. A surprise attack where you need get the crews out of their barracks and into their vehicles.

People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
Old December 31st, 2017, 08:55 AM

General

Imp is on a distinguished road

As Suhiir said this works, only downside is the uncrewed gun vehicle can only be destroyed by entering the hex till it is manned.

With helicopters it can be done did one with Chinese advisors trying to escape by helo.
From memory you need to adjust the helos Load Cost to something smaller so it can fit in the plane.
Important save before unloading, once the crew splits from its vehicle you cannot move that vehicle, also remember you will be deleting the planes so buy them with that in mind.