Old January 15th, 2021, 12:42 PM

Second Lieutenant

SaS TrooP is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Poland OOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazejos View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRG View Post
Build the units if need be and put them in formations then post it here and I will check them over and try to get it in. That's the simplest way. Save it as OB 98
Here is what I found about WOT (Wojska Obrony Terytorialnej)

That's true they are 4th military component after Ground Forces&Navy&Air force

Schematic of base unit

Their official webpage google translated to English
https://translate.google.com/transla...l%2F&sandbox=1

Here twitter about their MSBS Grot AR https://twitter.com/terytorialsi/sta...74095996375040

As is possible to see on that photo their main Truck is STAR-266M2 deep modernisation and rebuilding of original STAR266 from 1970

They also receive new trucks Jelcz 442.32 "Bartek" introduced to army in 2013 they buy especially 500 just for WOT
Here is nice model of this truck https://pwm.org.pl/viewtopic.php?p=1030098

https://pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jelcz_442.32

Trucks can simply be medium/light trucks - SP games seem not to differenciate trucks too much, which is also obviously a good choice.
What you posted is old structure from 2017 - it it still changing, even now, thus I consider it MOST LIKELY that still 12 men sections are being upheld. I would however not rely on this too much, before posting my request and I did some intel. I found nothing that can give 100% confirmed status, my friend who is serving there is away at this point, it will probably be the easiest to ask him :P
Sidenote: WOT is 5th branch, Army Special Forces are the 4th :P
Old January 15th, 2021, 02:30 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,687 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

Błażej..... the simplest thing is YOU build the units and formations in an R+D folder and I will integrate them into the OOB. I have little enthusiasm for wading though translated information and then putting my interpretation on it only to find out I was wrong.

For example. That platoon *seems* to suggest at least 2 of the 12 members are sapper/engineers which IS unusual and would make for a unique platoon but I will leave that up to you and when you are done if I have any questions I will contact you

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
Old January 15th, 2021, 03:20 PM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,853 Times in 1,217 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road

Just 2 engineers in a platoon would not be worth bothering with a separate game engineer class element either, really.
Old January 15th, 2021, 03:49 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

No but a 10 man Rifle Squad + a 2 man Sapper section could be for example four 10 man rifle sections and four 2 man sapper/engineers sections

OR

four 10 man rifle sections and one 8 man sapper/engineers section to make up the platoon. The smaller unit makes them more vulnerable but more flexible in deployment

I will wait for whatever Błażej comes up with then adjust to suit the game if necessary

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
Old January 15th, 2021, 06:13 PM

Lieutenant General

Suhiir is on a distinguished road

The other issue that needs to be considered is the number of slots available in formations.

Sometimes you find you have to cut or combine small units (i.e. two MG teams combined into a 2-gun section) or something similar.

3x 10-man rifle squads + 3x 2-man sapper sections is 6 of the 10 available slots, this only leaves 4 for MGs or AT weapons or whatever.

People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
Old January 16th, 2021, 06:50 PM

Second Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRG View Post
No but a 10 man Rifle Squad + a 2 man Sapper section could be for example four 10 man rifle sections and four 2 man sapper/engineers sections

OR

four 10 man rifle sections and one 8 man sapper/engineers section to make up the platoon. The smaller unit makes them more vulnerable but more flexible in deployment

I will wait for whatever Błażej comes up with then adjust to suit the game if necessary
This concept with medic and engineer in each squad is long dropped, that I can confirm
The Following User Says Thank You to SaS TrooP For This Useful Post:
Old January 17th, 2021, 08:55 PM

First Lieutenant

blazejos is on a distinguished road

Done

Hope that will be accurate propostion. I made asssumption that in first year 2017 WOT uses old AKM what is visible on photos. Then in 2018 start to adopt 5.56mm MSBS Grot AR but process of conversion take propably around one year. So after 2019 they are only with new rifles. Next assumption is that UKM-2000 is in every Sec. Also unique weapons which they have is 60mm LMP-2017 Moratar introduced in December 2019. That is why I think that they may have something like Moratar unit and also use them for support Plt together with RPG-7. I made other assumption that training sappers take some time so this units apear after 2018 isn't necessary to create Sappers with AKM. Now their main AT weapon is RPG-7 that is why I include RPG-7 team just from 2018. They may have small number of Spikes during waiting when Javelin's will be itroduced posible that somwhere in next year 2022. Sniper is just from normal units meby is not necessary create a speciall WOT sniper unit. I also added Jelcz 442.32 Bartek which is used by normal army but also WOT so that is why starts in 2014 the same with Ford Ranger which is designed as a sucessor of standard utility car Tarpan Honker in regular units. Quads are also used by regular army.

I used free slots for new units formations and weapons so will be easy copy this to polish OOB without changings postions. There is also [obat002 WOT inside polish OOB.zip] where you can test how this units fit inside polish OOB already included. There inside Polish OOB exists formation Mech Militia Pl slot 390 which represents OTK [Obrona terytorialna Kraju] During Polish People Republic that was an militia army moustly disolved in 1989 but last units after many reforms lasts until 2008 when army was fully profesionalised and such secound line forces were disolved. So I propose to short this formation to 2008 then is gap until 2017 and WOT were again created as a answer to this what happens in Ukraine in 2014.
Attached Files
File Type: zip WOT.zip (159.8 KB, 291 views)
File Type: zip obat002 WOT inside polish OOB.zip (25.4 KB, 295 views)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to blazejos For This Useful Post:
Old January 17th, 2021, 11:00 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

OK thanks. I will take a look at all this tomorrow

Old January 18th, 2021, 02:53 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

All in now. The only change I made was to the unitclass of the AT teams. Now UC212.

Thanks.

Don

The Following User Says Thank You to DRG For This Useful Post:
Old January 19th, 2021, 01:48 PM

Second Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazejos View Post
Done

Hope that will be accurate propostion. I made asssumption that in first year 2017 WOT uses old AKM what is visible on photos. Then in 2018 start to adopt 5.56mm MSBS Grot AR but process of conversion take propably around one year. So after 2019 they are only with new rifles. Next assumption is that UKM-2000 is in every Sec. Also unique weapons which they have is 60mm LMP-2017 Moratar introduced in December 2019. That is why I think that they may have something like Moratar unit and also use them for support Plt together with RPG-7. I made other assumption that training sappers take some time so this units apear after 2018 isn't necessary to create Sappers with AKM. Now their main AT weapon is RPG-7 that is why I include RPG-7 team just from 2018. They may have small number of Spikes during waiting when Javelin's will be itroduced posible that somwhere in next year 2022. Sniper is just from normal units meby is not necessary create a speciall WOT sniper unit. I also added Jelcz 442.32 Bartek which is used by normal army but also WOT so that is why starts in 2014 the same with Ford Ranger which is designed as a sucessor of standard utility car Tarpan Honker in regular units. Quads are also used by regular army.

I used free slots for new units formations and weapons so will be easy copy this to polish OOB without changings postions. There is also [obat002 WOT inside polish OOB.zip] where you can test how this units fit inside polish OOB already included. There inside Polish OOB exists formation Mech Militia Pl slot 390 which represents OTK [Obrona terytorialna Kraju] During Polish People Republic that was an militia army moustly disolved in 1989 but last units after many reforms lasts until 2008 when army was fully profesionalised and such secound line forces were disolved. So I propose to short this formation to 2008 then is gap until 2017 and WOT were again created as a answer to this what happens in Ukraine in 2014.
Thank you!
And thanks for doing that, I have never made an OOB and I am not super keen to play with it :V