winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2
Notices

Old March 24th, 2017, 06:45 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,687 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Exclamation Re: Campaign: Review Unit

We'll investigate. It's obviously something that comes and goes. The trick is finding out why it does that. The fact it won't show for any unit changes focus somewhat and that it only shows up rarely, makes it even trickier to find.

When I load that end turn save everything is normal....... EXCEPT that the second unit ......a Japanese unit.... was showing the SS ranks that are in OOBzero......... and the next time I loaded it the review was blank so we may actually have a viable de-bug save to work with.

Don

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....

Last edited by DRG; March 24th, 2017 at 07:04 PM..
Old March 24th, 2017, 07:22 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Default Re: Campaign: Review Unit

Quote:
Originally Posted by grond69 View Post
mine was USMC 1984ish. And every unit that I clicked on showed blank. Never seen it before or since. I didn't click every unit in my core, but I did for half a dozen or so. Sorry not more details. Like I said, it was fine after repairs. Oh, stock OOB. I don't mess with that!
Thinking this might be an issue related to a corrupted save .DAT and repairing clear is up.

How long ago was it that your MBT USMC campaign blackouted on you...? Did it happen using the latest EXE or before that ?

Don

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
Old March 25th, 2017, 01:01 PM

Private

grond69 is on a distinguished road

It was the very first time I finished a battle within a generated campaign post update. The campaign was started under the last version. So, yes: the latest EXE
The Following User Says Thank You to grond69 For This Useful Post:
Old March 25th, 2017, 02:19 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

OK thanks. We are investigating. The issue seems to revolve around units that are destroyed but it's going to take awhile to pin down exactly. I did discover, as you did, that the problem goes away when units are fixed and does not affect the way the campaign runs and anyone who just automatically presses "fix all" or upgrades to a new unit are not likely to ever see a problem so this is not a "show stopper" issue but we will continue to investigate and get this sorted out.

However, If anyone else sees something like this please post a save of it. I *seems* it may be related to starting a campaign in one version of the game and upgrading and although that has not been confirmed it hasn't been ruled out either and I personally don't see how that could be the cause unless it involved a removed unit and I have found no evidence to support that.

I have started and played out at least a dozen campaign battles (using developer code that allows us to kill a unit and end the game at any victory condition at any time we want ) in both WW2 and MBT and so far they all review normally and I've only had one instance of " blank screen " and that was with the posted save game, not with one of my own and I have run that save a dozen or so times as well and again..only once did it blank for me and that was the first time I ran it. Nothing since, just the destroyed units showing SS ranks.

Don

Last edited by DRG; March 25th, 2017 at 03:07 PM..
Old March 27th, 2017, 03:05 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

"bug" confirmed but it's going to be an elusive one to track down but it's not an interference to the game.

I started a WW2 generated campaign for personal use and testing and after the fourth battle ( that may or may not be significant .....) I clicked on review to check a unit and got a blank screen and checking other units....also blank screens and that is the first blank screen I saw since the first time I tried the save from post #9. I pressed continue then when the next screen loaded I exited the game and then restarted the campaign save from the end of battle four again but this time EVERYTHING WAS NORMAL.

SO......this is a rare but known issue that is being looked into but because it is not repeatable it may remain elusive. However, the simplest thing to do if this does happen to anyone is either fix everything if that was what you intended anyway or simply press CONTINUE then when the purchase screen appears press EXIT then restart from your last save and the problem should have cleared......if it does not then PLEASE GET A SAVE OF THAT .dat AND .cmt, ZIP THEM UP AND POST THEM HERE FOR US TO LOOK AT. The only way, besides luck, that we can fix this is to have a save where the blank screen happens everytime it loads so it can be properly debugged

Don

Old March 28th, 2017, 03:44 PM

Corporal

Warnevada is on a distinguished road

I never ran into this in any previous version and have played many campaigns, so it seems like it's related to v10.

My campaign has progressed beyond that point and now everything is normal.

One thing of note: I had done a Fix All prior to finding the blank screen, so that part of the workaround may not work all the time.
Old March 28th, 2017, 05:06 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warnevada View Post
I never ran into this in any previous version and have played many campaigns, so it seems like it's related to v10.

My campaign has progressed beyond that point and now everything is normal.

One thing of note: I had done a Fix All prior to finding the blank screen, so that part of the workaround may not work all the time.
What version of the game were you running when you did that Fix All prior to finding the blank screen......

..........and yes we know it's related to V10, we just don't know why but hopefully by next year we will have figured it out. In the meantime is only a minor annoyance that has no effect on the campaign in any way aside from that one issue

Old March 29th, 2017, 01:14 PM

Corporal

Warnevada is on a distinguished road

The Fix All and the battle preceding it were on v10. I upgraded from 9 to 10 between battles.

Battles 1 - 5 were all meeting engagements and were fought on v9. Battle 6 was a special AI advance battle. I upgraded to v10 prior to starting the battle. Since it was a special battle I didn't get to fix my core force, so if the bug was there I didn't know it. At the end of battle 6 was where I encountered the bug. I fought battle 7, another meeting engagement, and at the end everything worked normally. I did another Fix All and got no blank screens.
Old March 29th, 2017, 03:27 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warnevada View Post
The Fix All and the battle preceding it were on v10. I upgraded from 9 to 10 between battles.

Battles 1 - 5 were all meeting engagements and were fought on v9. Battle 6 was a special AI advance battle. I upgraded to v10 prior to starting the battle. Since it was a special battle I didn't get to fix my core force, so if the bug was there I didn't know it. At the end of battle 6 was where I encountered the bug. I fought battle 7, another meeting engagement, and at the end everything worked normally. I did another Fix All and got no blank screens.
I have encountered it twice in my test campaign. Both times it had cleared up after restarting the save from the end of the last battle which seems to indicate it's something saved in memory that is cleared when the "chain" is broken by restarting. It also makes it more difficult to track down since it's not repeatable but the "good" news is it has no effect on the campaign itself.

Don

Old March 30th, 2017, 04:05 PM

Corporal

Steves308 is on a distinguished road

I don't have a save game handy, but I have seen this twice, with two different generated campaigns I am playing. Both campaigns were started under the old .EXE. I went through my entire force the second time I noticed it, and every unit was blank. But kike you have stated, a restart clears it up and I haven't noticed any long term issues, as the next round of the campaign starts and plays correctly. One campaign is with a stock OOB, the other time with a slightly modified OOB, so it looks like it happens with either type of OOB.

Are you still collecting saved games examples for this problem? If so, I can upload them the next time I notice it.

But I like the new patch, and this problem is very minor, no complaints from me at all ;^)

Steve