.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old October 3rd, 2006, 03:55 PM

Lieutenant General

Nerfix is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Happiness in Darkness -An Argatha Ktonian Dead

Or then the Abysia aproach. Which I what I would do.

"Boobs are OK. Just not for Nerfix [img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Smile.gif[/img] ."
- Kristoffer O.
Old October 3rd, 2006, 05:59 PM

Major

DominionsFan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Thilock_Dominus said:
The way to balance eventually a Draconians race to play may be giving them disadvantages which makes up for their strength-ness. It could be things like eg. very-low birth rate and/or very fragile versus cold etc. etc.
Hm....you have some valid points there..

"Training is principally an act of faith. The athlete must believe in its efficacy: he must believe that through training he will become fitter and stronger, that by constant repetition of the same movements he will become more skillful."
Old October 3rd, 2006, 11:01 PM

Sergeant

Potatoman is on a distinguished road

AoW2: SM was a pretty good game that was made even better by a fan-made rebalance patch, the DwiggMod. If you ever tire of Dom3, it's worth revisiting.
Old October 4th, 2006, 12:35 AM

Second Lieutenant

BigJMoney is on a distinguished road

This thread gets the Off-Topic Of The Year Award. Even the OPer has taken a ride on the OT train.

[img]/threads/images/Graemlins/icon44.gif[/img] [img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Panda.gif[/img] [img]/threads/images/Graemlins/icon09.gif[/img]

=$=
Old October 4th, 2006, 04:47 AM

Lieutenant General

Boron is on a distinguished road

Quote:
BigJMoney said:
This thread gets the Off-Topic Of The Year Award. Even the OPer has taken a ride on the OT train.

[img]/threads/images/Graemlins/icon44.gif[/img] [img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Panda.gif[/img] [img]/threads/images/Graemlins/icon09.gif[/img]

=$=
Hehe.
I will soon continue the AAR of course, but i am currently a bit busy with preparations for the next semester, so i do not have enough time to plan my next turns.
In the last turn (not yet shown as an AAR) Caelum defeated the rest of my main army, 1 turn before the reinforcements arrived, so the situation is now rather complicated .

Quote:
DominionsFan said:
Quote:
Thilock_Dominus said:
The way to balance eventually a Draconians race to play may be giving them disadvantages which makes up for their strength-ness. It could be things like eg. very-low birth rate and/or very fragile versus cold etc. etc.
And there is also gold cost. It could be very interesting if a nation would have almost only dragon units, but all units would cost 300+ gold. They would only have some very weak human servants, something like sappers, for sieging, but not for conquest.
So you would have thug-like units, but if they are expensive enough and all have some potential weaknesses it would be very interesting i think .

Imagine e.g. if all dragons would be cold blooded. This way in cold provinces they would have very high encumberance then.
And there are the seasons too, so during winter for the heat 0 preffered nations temperature would be cold 1 because of winter.
Might be very interesting and the dragonrace would probably be quite unique then in gameplay
Old October 4th, 2006, 05:51 AM

Second Lieutenant

Thilock_Dominus is on a distinguished road

I have open a ne thread about Draconians here: http://www.shrapnelcommunity.com/thr...vc=#Post451987
So we can discuss it there.

Nosophoros: The Vampire Lords - v1.02
Conquest of Elysium 3 GUI mods
Old October 4th, 2006, 06:21 AM

Major

DominionsFan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Boron said:

Quote:
DominionsFan said:
Quote:
Thilock_Dominus said:
And there is also gold cost. It could be very interesting if a nation would have almost only dragon units, but all units would cost 300+ gold. They would only have some very weak human servants, something like sappers, for sieging, but not for conquest.
So you would have thug-like units, but if they are expensive enough and all have some potential weaknesses it would be very interesting i think .

Imagine e.g. if all dragons would be cold blooded. This way in cold provinces they would have very high encumberance then.
And there are the seasons too, so during winter for the heat 0 preffered nations temperature would be cold 1 because of winter.
Might be very interesting and the dragonrace would probably be quite unique then in gameplay

Yes this sounds good. I will talk to my mates. The vanilla mod will have the lizardmen race for sure with draconian / dragon summons. [Well when the modding will allow us to add researchable summons, because we cannot do it in the vanilla game sadly.] Maybe later on we will add an own draconian race as well. Time will tell. [However the lizardmen will be sort of Draconic, because of the summons..]

"Training is principally an act of faith. The athlete must believe in its efficacy: he must believe that through training he will become fitter and stronger, that by constant repetition of the same movements he will become more skillful."