.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Scenarios, Maps and Mods

Old September 29th, 2008, 04:05 PM

Corporal

JaghataiKhan is on a distinguished road
Default Turanic Tribes- Children of the She-Wolf Status

Currently, I am only typing mod information. My apologies for my inability to delete the old one, can any mod merge the threads?

Anyway. I am adding the starting sites, namely:

Grove of the Wolfkin : Should give 3 nature gems, letting Kam Kurtadam (Werewolf Shaman) be recruited, it has 1 clergy, 3 nature skills and 20 percent of astral chance once I get my lazy *** to type everything.

Khan Tengri: one gem of fire,air,water,2 earth and one astral.

Editing stats for lesser tribal infantry, armed them with spear,javelin,full leather,round shield and iron cap, with a short bow for missile using ones.

Got to sleep, still hangover left.
Old September 29th, 2008, 04:22 PM

Lieutenant General

Aezeal is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Turanic Tribes- Children of the She-Wolf Status

Hmmm for a capitol only commander that Shaman doesn't seem very powerfull

And I think you are giving the nation a bit to much starting gems even for EA
In for a whole new sort of game? Then try my scenario map Gang Wars.
Old September 29th, 2008, 04:42 PM

Corporal

Well then, any other ideas for gem income? Turanic magic should be more nature oriented way of tien chi, and less astral.

Also, it's just for a thematic purpose. I may buff up the Werewolf shaman and give him more regeneration to make up for capitol only.

Please add all opinions, ideas for stats that may make the game balanced. I want to hear them. I am making 2 lesser infantry units, one with spear, javelin, full leather,round shield and iron cap, one with furs, bow and dagger, but easily draftable, and 9 morale.These will be lesser tribes sending men to war for fame and fortune. Sprites are not made yet, but the Tirnanog's infantry sprite may be edited a bit.

more to come.
Old October 1st, 2008, 02:09 PM

Corporal

Before I add any more, I haven't found out how to copy sprites from the game's existing unit files. Isn't it allowed?

Are there any good sources for sprites in mind?
Old October 1st, 2008, 07:30 PM

Lieutenant General

you should look for unit sprites on the forum, someone has a DB with the sprites of all units from the game (till a certain patch). If you can't find it I could mail it to you but it should be on the forum somewhere, since that is where I got it too , maybe in one of the stickied threads or something.

PS for gems I'd probably just focus on the 2 main paths of the nation, helps to give the nation identity.
Old October 2nd, 2008, 07:20 AM

BANNED USER

Sombre is on a distinguished road

The standard gem income from cap for EA nations is 6. For MA 5. For LA 4.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sombre For This Useful Post:
Old October 2nd, 2008, 12:39 PM

Corporal

Thanks. Any more information one can't easily find?

By the way, I suppose LA Ermor is an exception? 15 Death gems since gems are the only economy they have.

If you guys have any attack or defence skills in mind for certain unit types, let me know. I have so far 2 noncommander units prepared, and they have the following stats.

#newmonster 2300
#name "Lesser Tribal Troop"
#descr "Newly conquered smaller tribes pledge to send 10 percent of their manfolk to the Turanic Army each year.These are young men seeking their fortune in war, as bravery of any soldier is generously rewarded. Their morale is not too good but they can be levied easily and are armed sufficiently."
#spr1 ""
#spr2 ""
#ap 12
#mapmove 2
#hp 11
#prot 0
#size 2
#str 11
#enc 1
#att 11
#def 10
#prec 10
#mr 11
#mor 9
#weapon "Spear"
#weapon "Javelin"
#armor "Full Leather Armor"
#armor "Full Helmet"
#armor "Round Shield"
#gcost 9
#rcost 1
#pillagebonus 2
#noleader
#itemslots 15494
#nametype 140
#end

#newmonster 2301
#name "Tribal Hunters"
#descr "Newly conquered smaller tribes pledge to send 10 percent of their manfolk to the Turanic Army each year.These are young men seeking their fortune in war, as bravery of any soldier is generously rewarded. Their morale is not too good but they can be levied easily and are armed sufficiently.Hunters have a basic affinity with animals and may avoid animal attacks, living constantly amongst animals for months."
#spr1 ""
#spr2 ""
#ap 12
#mapmove 2
#hp 11
#prot 0
#size 2
#str 10
#enc 1
#att 9
#def 11
#prec 12
#mr 11
#mor 9
#weapon "Dagger"
#weapon "Composite Bow" (recurve bows made of multiple materials were common in middle asia)
#armor "Furs"
#gcost 9
#rcost 0
#animalawe 1
#pillagebonus 2
#noleader
#itemslots 15494
#nametype 140
#end

opinions?

EDIT

Grove of the Wolfkin : Should give A nature gem and a powerful running giant werewolf I have yet to think stats for.

Khan Tengri: one gem of fire,air,water,earth and astral.

Last edited by JaghataiKhan; October 2nd, 2008 at 12:49 PM..
Old October 2nd, 2008, 01:29 PM

BANNED USER

Sombre is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaghataiKhan View Post
Thanks. Any more information one can't easily find?

By the way, I suppose LA Ermor is an exception? 15 Death gems since gems are the only economy they have.
I found that information pretty easily. But yes, there's quite a lot of relatively obscure information when it comes to modding.

MA Pythium is also an exception, with more than 5 gem income. At least iirc.
Old October 2nd, 2008, 06:11 PM

Lieutenant General

about the first troop:
enc 1 is very very much superhuman normal humans have 3, barbs 2
for militia level troops their attack stat of 11 might be a bit high but could also be explained.
MR 11 could be but why not just 10?
Their strenght of 11 can fit if they are somewhat going to barbarians (stronger than normal) I can see this fit too, same for hp.
A pillage bonus on a regular troop is ok but for the militia I'd lower it to 1 IF you leave it.

i also think their equipment is a bit strong for a militia, full leather and full helmet for militia might be toned down a bit.

The gc of the troop is too low though, even if you change most of the things I said the stats will still be higher than regular human troops (which have nearly all 10's as you know and no bonus thingies) so the gc shouldn't be LOWER than 10, but higher, probably even 12 and not just 11.

For the 2nd troops the comments on enc stays, you really should up this to 2 AT LEAST.
I'd lower or remove the pillage bonus for these pplz too since hunters aren't exactly pillager IMHO

young (relatively untrained I'm thinking?) probably shouldn't have def 11 and prec 12 but you could leave that since there are explanations possible.

for the rest the stats seem decent.. except that for these stronger than avarage human troops (just like the other one more going to barbarians than normal militia) you should probably increase gc to 11 or 12

I still think that this nations with it's where wolves and very much overall "nature" feel and probably nature summons should just have a decent nature gem income and maybe one or 2 loose gems (I'd go for 1) and not have a lot of single gems as income... I'd not very practical and so far the nation doesn't have much feel like tienchi as a nation which studies every aspect of magic etc... it's a nature magic nation and it should express that.

Last edited by Aezeal; October 2nd, 2008 at 06:14 PM..
Old October 3rd, 2008, 06:01 AM

Corporal

Thanks aezeal!

I'm editing stats but str 11 stays that way, and enc gets 2, they are young but willing to fight hard and are real hardened from running along horses for years from childhood. If you don't have a horse, the army won't wait for you

Attack 11 will get to 10, defense will be 10, but morale stays 9(nothing to lose, much to gain +1, Militia -2 +10 = 9), MR becomes 9 as a tribute to weakness to superstition and folk tales and constant terrorisation by supernatural forces in Turkic legends.

Hunters wont pillage, but infantry definitely can, as if except early game will they have a meaning...

I'm taking out the astral and earth income and giving it to nature.

Full helmet becomes iron cap, gold cost is 10 (11 - 1(easy to levy, promised aid from tribes)

All this calculation feels good! Please keep helping people, this mod might be a reality in a few weeks!

Back to modding,