BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > TO&Es
Notices

Old July 1st, 2005, 08:46 AM

Corporal

SCAJolly is on a distinguished road
Default Re: About the helos

South East Asian jungel in Korea? Korea's in the NE of Asia.
Old July 1st, 2005, 09:47 AM

Sergeant

Listy is on a distinguished road

Personally I think it works fine.

The modern MBT's cost as much as they do because they're Very deadly, and very survivable.
The Attack helicopters cost as much as they do because they have maneuverability on their side and a good punch, if you can get the blasted things to hit...

If you're really convinced that something's wrong (Which I'm not, And I've been playing for just a few years ), then look under preferences. There's a side bar there with lots of fields that you can alter to make something's more or less effective.
Old July 1st, 2005, 10:35 AM

Sergeant

JaM is on a distinguished road

But you cant make that 35mm AA gun will fire against armored helicopter armor piercing rounds instead of high explosive.By the way ZSU-23-4 Shilka fires in reality two HE and one AP round in one burst.
Old July 1st, 2005, 10:53 AM

Captain

PlasmaKrab is on a distinguished road

Quote:
By the way ZSU-23-4 Shilka fires in reality two HE and one AP round in one burst.
If so, then the AP ability of the basic HE shot (described 3round burst) should equal that of AP shots. And I guess they fire nothing else, so AP shots=0, right? Maybe there are many more autocannon units of this type, where AP and HE shots are fired mixed, but since both types were available, everyone considered they were selectable.

BTW, since we're talking ZSU here, I read a while ago a USMC report stating that due to command chain, a ZSU23/4 took about 30 seconds between target acquisition and first fire. I know all weapon systems have that kind of delays, but the ZSU-23/4 is pretty annoying in-game, having a considerable ROF.
Same with the towed ZU-23/2, about which I heard several RUssian soldiers saying that it was a terrific ground support weapon, but that sighting and aiming was much too slow against aircrafts.

I don't know what this data is worth, but shouldn't there be less shots per turn for these? They can follow a helo around as if on a magnet, and even strike aircrafts get their far share of shells.
Old July 1st, 2005, 05:36 PM

Sergeant

JaM is on a distinguished road

Tunguzka fires same like Shilka, and is hard to believe that Gepard will use HE-T against armored helicopter like Mi-28 or Ka-50.
Apache can survive one 23mm AP shot, but not one burst.I saw many times Shilka hitted an Apache without any damage.yes you can be unlucky and you take damage even from small arms fire, but there is a very small propability to kill or even damage armored helicopter with anti-air gun fire