.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old October 30th, 2006, 03:45 PM

Lieutenant General

Nerfix is on a distinguished road
Default Re: noob taking a closer look at EA bless, medium

Anticlimax indeed, but the progress is handsome to say the least.

"Boobs are OK. Just not for Nerfix [img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Smile.gif[/img] ."
- Kristoffer O.
Old October 30th, 2006, 04:51 PM

Sergeant

CharonJr is on a distinguished road

And another question before saying anything about this turn later on:

Am I right to assume that beaten nations will scrap their units 1 turn after they were destroyed ? And that the large knight/militia force is only there since there has been an event in this province to cause the knight/militias to take over ?

CharonJr
Old October 30th, 2006, 06:12 PM

Sergeant

Turn 13

With Arco's god gone Rotmarsh was taken without any opposition by the 5th which will continue to Cimri in the hope of finding more former Arco provinces there before other nations arrive to share in the spoils.

Construction 1 has been reached and research will continue.

The now indie fort at Arco is still under siege.

A mixed archer/heavy infantry unit from Marshlands will reclaim Citala while the newly formed 6th division (14 Helhirdings) will retake Summerlands.

In addition some commanders are moved to provinces in order to gather the newly recruited troops (archers/heavy infantry) there.

With 5+ 20k+ pop provinces in my realm I am starting to feel inclined to use my B1 Hanga for some bloodhunting (did I mention that I am not a nice god ? ), but will refrain from it for the moment...

A Svartalf is recruited this turn in order to prepare for forging a dwarfen hammer/earth boosting items later on. In addition 7 Helhirdings and 3 Mounted Hirdmen are recruited. Since my treasury is depleted by this point I have to take small consolation that the former Arco provinces I am about to (re)take should provide a considerable boost to my income.

Caelums's presense in Dunheim does worry me a bit as well as Sauro's forces on my border, but at least the large contingent of Niefel is no longer right at my border.

For the moment I try to consolidate my power and reap the rewards of my Arco campaign, but I feel that I will have to do something about Sauro soon, unless an easier target will present itself

I try to avoid looking at the game graphs too often, but here is a snapshot of the current balance of power:

Except for provinces and income (where I lead) I am mainly in the lower half of the graphs, which does not bode too well. Especially Sauro seems to be a major power, further strengthening my believe that I have to do something about them soon.

I am aware that quality plays often a larger role than quantity, but even the research and gem income of Sauro is very high. On the other hands that means that many already researched provinces might fall into my hands from a campaign against Sauro

Edit: I have just seen that Ermor has built a 2nd fort 1 turn ago with Atlantis, Mictlan and Vanheim having done so this turn. Even more reason to strike at Sauro soon before they are able to get additional troops. If only the indies would cease to defend Arco...

CharonJr
Old November 1st, 2006, 03:13 PM

Sergeant

Turn 14

Desaster struck at Cimri. My 5th was met by close to 130 Caelum units who had managed to sneak into Cimri before my troops were able to arrive.

4 Mammoths trampled my Helhirdings and while my troops managed to take down 2 of them and repel the other 2 morale broke soon after this due to the heavy losses suffered. The Caelum flyers had no problems killing my fleeing Mounted Hirdmen to the last man, only the Helkarl managed to survive the onslaught.

Overall I managed to kill 51 Caelum troops + 16 undead, but the prize my troops had to pay was way too high. I have to find a means to neutralise these Mammoths when I run into them the next time. Massed archers with order to shoot at large creatures might be the solution, but Caelums flyers are surely ordered to attack archers. I hope Caelum will stay on the sidelines till I am able to bring the large number of troops to bear I will need vs them.

On the bright side Citala and Summerland were retaken without any opposition.

And to end with something negative - the fort at Arco still holds (slowly I am beginning to wonder if this is a bug, or maybe the walls were magically restored after the ownership of the fort changed hands ?!). I need those troops on my southern border with Sauro, not being kept up in the north. In addition another fort and the associated gem sites of a former capital would be a nice boost.

Vemund, the luckless commanders of the former 5th is ordered to sneak back to the capital. The less the news of the disaster of Cimri can spread the better...

While keeping a close eye on Caelum the 6th in addition to 40 heavy infantries and archers are sent to Carnag in order to prepare for a possible strike vs. Sauro.

40 archers are brought south from the northern province of Silver Fangs since the threat from Niefel has diminished for now and they might be needed vs Sauro soon.

Another Svartalf and 7 Helhirdings are recruited in addition to as many archers as the treasury can supply.

The Canyon of Sand was found in Rotmarsh (1 erath-gem/turn), a relic of the Arco empire which should help with money/later magic items.

With research up to 54 points/turn due to the returned Helkarls I will reach construction 2 this turn and ponder about researching more aggressive spells. But despite the defeat I am still confident in the physical abilities of my troops and in the power fear can have on my enemies.

Sadly there is nothing I can do right now about the barbarian uprising in Hubbarton south of Fenica, but if Sauro is not able to establish order during this turn my troops in Carnag might feel inclined to step in to keep the peace there

For the moment I will concentrate on Sauro, but this might change fairly soon if Caelum decides to make a move. Thanks to my fast units and the limited size of my realm I am able to reach most provinces in 1 turn should it become neccessary.
Old November 2nd, 2006, 06:46 AM

Sergeant

Changed the subject-line to something a bit more fitting

CharonJr