.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 2: The Ascension Wars

Old June 25th, 2006, 09:08 AM

Private

151771029 is on a distinguished road
Default How can I beat the Ermor?

I use the Ulm now, I am a player from China.
Old June 25th, 2006, 09:38 AM

Second Lieutenant

Sandman is on a distinguished road
Default Re: How can I beat the Ermor?

Buy many priests.
Old June 25th, 2006, 09:50 AM

Lieutenant General

Nerfix is on a distinguished road

Yeah, buying many, many, many priests will help. Using Blade Wind will help too.

Ermor is a very hard enemy nevertheless, especially in single player.

"Boobs are OK. Just not for Nerfix [img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Smile.gif[/img] ."
- Kristoffer O.
Old June 25th, 2006, 10:29 AM

National Security Advisor

Endoperez is on a distinguished road

The easiest answer is to play against Broken Empire ermor only. They don't get huge number of undead for free, their lands are worth conquering, the living half of their armies can still rout, etc.

If you have patched the game, I have made a mod that effectively removes the undead Ermor themes from game for as long as the mod is enabled. I have attached it in this post. Extract the contents of the .zip file into the \mods\ folder in your \Dominions II\ folder. It might be C:\Shrapnel Games\Dominions II\mods, but probably isn't. Once the mod is in the correct folder, start Dominions, and from the start menu, choose first Preferences, then Mod Preferences, then the mod. Then you can play, and will see the mod's icon on the main menu.

Last edited by Endoperez; August 13th, 2008 at 11:32 AM..
Old June 25th, 2006, 11:40 AM

Colonel

shovah is on a distinguished road

SC's with good stats, reinvig and regen can tak most ermorian troops. Try some thugs/SC's with support from massed priests, smiths with earth boots casting summon earthpower then bladewind and maybe some thugish knights (they have high prot so undead cant really hurt them, give them charcoal shield, amulet of reinvig and ring of regen and watch undead fall). If you can summon golems get them, they can use good buffs, have full slots and are strong. Also try a bunch of black knights with legions of steel/army of gold or some other form of buff.
Old June 25th, 2006, 03:25 PM

Sergeant

Fate is on a distinguished road

Get full Dominion and build lots of temples. LOTS of temples.
Old June 25th, 2006, 04:05 PM

Colonel

shovah is on a distinguished road

yes, if his dominion reaches you lands your in trouble.
Old June 26th, 2006, 02:22 AM

Captain

Saxon is on a distinguished road

Put the Eye of Aiming on some of the priests, their Banishment spell will get much deadlier. Watch the underwater provinces, as the undead can go underwater. May I suggest a wall of heavy troops on hold and attack, at the back of the battlefield. Put your priests and archers behind them. This gives the highest number of Banishment and arrow attacks before your heavy troops engage and then protect your missle/Banishmet troops.
Old June 26th, 2006, 02:34 AM

Major General

Saber Cherry is on a distinguished road

Your enemies will never fatigue, so they will eventually beat your living soldiers, no matter how superior their stats... unless... you cast Relief!

For invading Ermor, bring Endless Bags of Wine. Herald Lances and Flambeaus are nice, just for their spells, not for combat. Troopwise, favor archers over melee, but bring enough melee units to protect everyone (heaviest armor + shield; attack and damage don't matter, only protection, defense, and morale). The best offensive mages are Fire (Holy Pyre, Falling Fires), Earth (Blade Wind), and Death (Dust to Dust, Wither Bones). The best support mages are Nature (Relief - essential!, and optionally Mass Protection), Air (Wind Guide - increases precision of mages and priests, not just archers!), and Water (Mass Quickness for 2X priest banishment).

Lastly, give your Prophet (or highest-holy priest) Boots of Quickness, Rune Smasher, Lucky Coin, Amulet of Penetration, Girdle of Might or Amulet of Resilience, and have him cast Banishment along with the other priests. As was said, you need lots of priests. Think ~40 priests with 50 archers and 50 heavy infantry, all backed by a few mages, to deal with armies of 1000 undead without significant losses. You need live soldiers and mages because the AI always mixes living (starving) units with its undead hordes. Ideally, your losses will only be from province defense (30+ at a single-province chokepoint, or ~20 otherwise) when you are the defender. Wars against Ermor require more PD than normal.

Note that if you know ahead of time your opponent is Ashen/Soulgate Ermor, taking a Water-9 pretender is a good idea, just for the extra banishment.

P.S. Don't forget Fanaticism / Sermon of Courage! If your infantry run away, you lose 2000 gold of priests.
Old June 26th, 2006, 09:13 PM

Sergeant

Fate is on a distinguished road

A neat trick, especially against the AI, is to send some scouts through there territory and attack 0 PD provinces. If there is no leader, they will all fall apart.