Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2 > TO&Es
Notices

Old February 15th, 2009, 01:33 PM

Corporal

Mobryan is on a distinguished road
Default Aerosans???

Is there any chance of getting some Russian/Finnish aerosan units? Alternatly, is there a tutorial somewhere on making your own icons? I've got all the technical information I need, and have a good idea on most of the game stats needed, but the "how-too" on the visual end still evades me.

Thanks

Matt
Old February 15th, 2009, 02:44 PM

Sergeant

Griefbringer is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Aerosans???

I am not aware of Finland having had any aerosans. Soviets had them, but the actual amount of combat they saw was quite limited.

They would also need their own movement mode - the hovercraft from SP:MBT might get pretty close, being able to move well over open land but not in forests.

Griefbringer
Old February 15th, 2009, 07:36 PM

Corporal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griefbringer View Post
I am not aware of Finland having had any aerosans. Soviets had them, but the actual amount of combat they saw was quite limited.

They would also need their own movement mode - the hovercraft from SP:MBT might get pretty close, being able to move well over open land but not in forests.

Griefbringer
The Finns got their aerosans like they got much of thier military equipment, they beat on Ivan till he gave it up. The movement mode was something I had considered, I felt for most poeple using them, a set of "house rules" would probably be easier than building a new movement mode.
We've got unit types here in SP that have seen less combat than aerosans, and they bring an mobility elemenent to the Winter War that I currently find somewhat lacking

Anyhow, anyone have an "Icons for Dummies" tutorial???

Matt
Old July 6th, 2009, 02:02 PM

Corporal

Richard_H is on a distinguished road

If you MobHack one and make it Class 167 'Snow Vehicle', that should sort out the movement problem. I've done one, but haven't yet had time to playtest it.

Richard H
Old July 6th, 2009, 07:42 PM

Corporal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard_H View Post
If you MobHack one and make it Class 167 'Snow Vehicle', that should sort out the movement problem. I've done one, but haven't yet had time to playtest it.

Richard H
Which did you do RF-8,NKL-16 or NKL-26?

Send it over, I'd be glad to give it a spin I've got all the info and spec's needed for the three main aerosans, but my drawing abilities SUCK. If somebody could put together the icons, I could mobhack up the specs fairly quickly.

Matt
Old July 6th, 2009, 07:51 PM

Sergeant

PatG is on a distinguished road

For making icons, see my notes at Game Squad:
Making Icons - Draft Notes
Old July 7th, 2009, 01:28 PM

Corporal

Richard_H is on a distinguished road

NKL-26. Class 167, Availability 3/42 - 12/49. Crew 4, Size 3 (should maybe be 2?), Carry 8, Speed 15, Radio 11, Survivability 2, ROF 9. 1 x Weapon 172, 120 HE rds. Armour 1 all round except top. Everything else = 0. Photo (of an NKL-16) attached and no, I haven't made an icon - my abilities in that direction are probably worse than yours! Feel free to disagree with any of the stats - it's a long time since I did this, & I was relying on Steven Zaloga's book on Russian armour. There's probably a load on the Net by now.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	NKL-16 Aerosan.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	38.8 KB
ID:	8442  
Old July 7th, 2009, 05:48 PM

Sergeant

Do you have a top view and or physical dimensions? I'll see what I can do.
Old July 7th, 2009, 06:44 PM

Sergeant

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatG View Post
Do you have a top view and or physical dimensions? I'll see what I can do.
Found some.
Old July 7th, 2009, 09:33 PM

Corporal

Pat- Anything you scrap up is going to be worlds better then my best, many thanks

Richard:

Quote:
NKL-26. Class 167, Availability 3/42 - 12/49. Crew 4, Size 3 (should maybe be 2?), Carry 8, Speed 15, Radio 11, Survivability 2, ROF 9. 1 x Weapon 172, 120 HE rds. Armour 1 all round except top. Everything else = 0.
Looks pretty good, I think size 2, and carry capacity of 4. I know where the 8 figure came from (4 riders and 4 towed on skies), and while it's possible, the perfomance would be so far reduced as to be really unusable. Weight is the enemy of aerosans. Realistic crew was 2, and with only front armor 1, but I think we might need either the 4 man crew or the all around armor for the type to have SP utility. Having both might be a bit extreme, but only playtesting will tell us for sure. Another option might be to keep the realistic crew and armor and bump up the survivability to say 4-5.

Heres specs for some more:

RF-8 class 167, Avail:12/41-12/49. Crew 2 (4 in game???), Size 2, Carry 4, Speed 16-17, radio 11, Survivability ?4?, ROF 9, 1x wep 172, 120 HE rounds, zero armor.

The last two are a pretty generic transport aerosan, I think they should be run in pairs with carry 12. A single aerosan with a 12 man squad is barely going to move, a pair of them with 6 each is going to be acceptable. The NKL-16 ran the same powertrain as the NKL-26, but isn't carting around the weight of armor and weapons.

NKL-16/ANT-IV: class 167, ANT avail 1/39-12/41, NKL 01/42-12/49, Crew 2, size 3, carry (as a paired unit) 112, speed 15, radio ???, survivability 2, no weapons or armor. I think you need to have the carry at 112 to allow them to move some of the light guns. Obviously this could/will be misused, with teams of snowmobiles moving heavy AT guns, but what do you do??? I've seen pics of ANT's towing medium sized sledges, so it's not beyond relm of reason for them to move the smaller infantry guns/mortars, ect.

Matt