This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Shrapnel Community > Space Empires: IV & V

Old December 23rd, 2008, 04:14 PM

National Security Advisor

Captain Kwok is on a distinguished road
Exclamation SE5 v1.77 Patch Available

There's a new patch out for SE5. There was a lot of fixes with this patch and I'd say it got most of the known bugs.

You can get the patch here:
http://www.spaceempires5.com/en-US/node/6276

I'll have an update for the Balance Mod out as well. It's not needed for the latest SE5 patch, but it'll have it's own set of fixes and tweaks.

Here's the changelog:
Code:
Version 1.77:

1. Fixed - Mines will no longer detonate if they cannot damage the ship.
   2. Fixed - A few more conditions where vehicle design statistics would not record a destroyed ship.
   3. Fixed - The solar system display was not repainting and removing marked minefields.
   4. Fixed - After all enemies are dead in combat, ships will hold position.
   5. Fixed - Starting technology points were still incorrect.
   6. Fixed - Starting techs from racial traits were not being supplied.

Version 1.76:

1. Added - "Display Speed Improvements" to the Options window. These settings allow you to turn off the display of certain column in the Ships, Colonies, and Systems window. Turning off the display of some columns will greatly increase the time is takes to display these windows when large numbers of objects are present.
   2. Fixed - Text wrapping was incorrect.
   3. Fixed - Error in intelligence events script preventing messages.
   4. Fixed - Mines will no longer detonate if they cannot damage the ship.
   5. Fixed - Fleets selected to move together were losing an extra movement point.
   6. Fixed - Damaged ships were not receiving their full movement on the turn they were repaired.
   7. Fixed - Ships were not getting their crew back when unmothballed even if a crew source was available.
   8. Fixed - On a deconstruction and analyze, you might get a message for an impossible tech level.
   9. Fixed - Units would lose supplies and ordnance when recovered during combat.
  10. Changed - Units launched will take supplies and ordnance from their parent object if they do not have their maximum. They will only take supplies down to the level of "Ship Supply Amount for Low Supply Warning" in Settings.txt.
  11. Fixed - Units recovered on a ship will add their supplies and ordnance to the parent ship until it reaches its maximum.

Version 1.75:

1. Fixed - Units entering combat from space would not have their full allotment of supplies and ordnance.
   2. Fixed - Using orders, you could remove the last 1M population from a planet.
   3. Fixed - Destroyed organic armor would still regenerate.
   4. Fixed - Some system wide facility abilities were not stacking correctly.
   5. Fixed - Some planet damaging weapons would not fire on planets.
   6. Fixed - A critical failure on a ship will result in zero movement and no weapons fire from that ship. A critical failure is when a ship loses its bridge, master computer, all life support, all crew quarters, or all of its crew.
   7. Fixed - Starting technology points were including race trait supplied tech areas.
   8. Fixed - Alliance proposal vote requirements will now round up. For example, if the rules say that 60% of votes are needed to pass and there are 3 possible votes, then 2 votes are required to pass the proposal.
   9. Fixed - Religious Studies should have only 1 tech level.
  10. Fixed - You can only retrofit a ship once per turn.
  11. Fixed - When you join an alliance, your empire becomes aware of all empires and alliances that any of the members are aware of.
  12. Fixed - A component's supply and ordnance usage can never be lowered below 1 by abilities if the original value was greater than zero.
  13. Fixed - Error in event script changing a planet's value.
  14. Fixed - Error in event script increasing a population's anger.
  15. Fixed - Fixed some overflow errors that could be generated in scripts.
  16. Added - Field "Compress Savegames" to Settings.txt data file. This determines whether the game will compress and decompress savegames, map files, empire files, game setup files, and player order files. Setting this to false has trade offs: Your savegames will load and save much faster, but will be much larger in size (instead of a 30MB savegame, you'll have a 300MB savegame file). Also, with this setting false, the game will no longer be able to load compressed games. This field is really intended for single player games where the load times have become unbearably long. If you wish to manually compress\decompress a savegame file use the program SE5Compressor.exe in the se5\utilities directory.
  17. Fixed - Treaties that shared designs could cause the savegame to bloat with designs kept around long after they were no longer being used.
  18. Changed - Old designs are now deleted when no longer in use, marked as obsolete, and haven't been seen in at least 2 years.
Old December 23rd, 2008, 04:29 PM

General

Baron Munchausen is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Re: SE5 v1.77 Patch Available

Deh! And I just burned a CD with all my SE V files a couple weeks ago, thinking I had the last patch. Oh well. It's not like a CD-R costs all that much.
Old December 23rd, 2008, 07:52 PM

General

Ed Kolis is on a distinguished road
Default Re: SE5 v1.77 Patch Available

Heh... v1.76, item 1: "turning off these columns will greatly INCREASE the time it takes to load"... so I want more columns! :P
Old December 27th, 2008, 07:24 AM

First Lieutenant

Makinus is on a distinguished road

any turn processing speed improvement? the turn processing and the excessive clickyness are still my major gripes with SEV...

I don´t remember wich version was the last i played, but if there is any turn processing speed improvements i would reinstall SEV in my HD to try another spin... (SEIV is still installed in my desktop and notebook and i still play it a lot...)
Old December 27th, 2008, 04:02 PM

General

Ed Kolis is on a distinguished road

Only for single player - apparently a lot of turn processing time was spent zipping and unzipping the savefiles. (Yes, those 100MB combat replays are compressed! 8O)

Change "Compress Savegames" in your Settings.txt to FALSE, and the savefiles will be much larger than before, but they will (supposedly - I haven't personally tried it) save and load quicker too. However as noted in the changelog this will prevent you from loading compressed (normal) savefiles, so you'll have to toggle the setting if you want to play multiplayer
Old December 28th, 2008, 08:24 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Atrocities is on a distinguished road

Nice year end surprise for a game that isn't much played any more. This place is a ghost town complete with thistle blowing by as the wind howls through the deserted threads and posts of this once mighty forum.
Old December 28th, 2008, 08:33 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Atrocities is on a distinguished road

Oh ya, this patch won't work for the beta test version of the game. Oh well, never play it anymore any ways and I didn't get a game CD for being a beta tester and don't care to buy one so I be SOL.
Old December 29th, 2008, 05:37 AM

First Lieutenant

Makinus is on a distinguished road

Well, it appears that for each MOO2 there always will be a MOO3... or in this case, for each SEIV you would get a SEV...

I´m not saying that MOO3 or SEV are bad games, just that they only are very different ones from their predecessors and alienated a huge part of the previous game fanbase...
Old December 29th, 2008, 12:02 PM

Sergeant

Ironmanbc is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makinus View Post
Well, it appears that for each MOO2 there always will be a MOO3... or in this case, for each SEIV you would get a SEV...

I´m not saying that MOO3 or SEV are bad games, just that they only are very different ones from their predecessors and alienated a huge part of the previous game fanbase...

I bought MOO3 when it came out (cost about $69) and i never saw a game that bad to this day, so when i bought se5 ($19) i don't mine the bugs (at lest ya could play it)

anyone notes that MOO3 is the only game that we all see as the WORST game LOL
Old December 29th, 2008, 11:08 PM

Major General

Randallw is on a distinguished road

I've never found fault with SEV, the various things that put people off just don't seem to bother me, but I got MOO3 when it came out as something to play other than SE4. MOO3 for single play, SE4 for PBW, and I gave up MOO3 after playing it about twice. I won, ruled the senate, or whatever it was, and then thought: That's it?. I mean an SE AI might be easy to defeat but at least you have to work on it, researching, exploring, and conquering the galaxy. I seem to recall starting MOO3 and half an hour later I'd won. I might be exagerating how short it was, I don't recall it taking all that long.