Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2
Notices

Old April 30th, 2010, 07:07 AM

General

Imp is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Comprehensive Undate?

If you are really that fussed why not back it up, a basic CD would do it no need to zip or anything there should be space, second drive makes more sense mind.
I would much rather they spent their time developing the game rather than mucking about fixing what aint broke.
How many other games give you a new patch & develop it year on year my favorites are Revised FOO, ATGMs able to move & fire if have giros & recent changes to ammo loadouts. Oh & the revision to radio contact rules.
These changes have a big impact on the way the game plays & just thought of another the 5 key function that saves me a bucket load of time every game I play.

Sorry & I am in no way connected to Shrapnel or Camo games but you want him to spend time compiling it & sending down his band width to save you 10 minutes.
Got something important to do, no your going to spend some leisure time playing the game.
Hope all you guys moaning have at least bought it & are not expecting him to do it for free.
Sorry but its this attitude that really pisses me off I see a fix has been put out for Vista & Win7 with a request for feedback.
20 downloads I think how many people took 10 minutes to say it worked do you think.
Nah cant be arsed despite the fact it could be looked at & included in the next patch if it works. But then that would be another 10 minutes gone downloading that.
Old April 30th, 2010, 07:17 AM

Sergeant

reverend is on a distinguished road

The game is superb, make no mistake. I bought both this and MBT. But as with the issue about the manual in a proper format (PDF), it's simply a matter of making it more accessible to new buyers.

Yes, the support is awesome, and Camo is one of the few developers that maintain a game this long after release and still find time for new features. But occasionally, a bit more comfort for those sitting on the fence or those trying to convince friends to buy this game should be possible.

Compiling patches is an automated process. With one or two major patches a year, an additional hour to provide a cumultative update isn't something I as a developer would lose sleep about.

Old April 30th, 2010, 07:19 AM

Sergeant

reverend is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imp View Post
I see a fix has been put out for Vista & Win7 with a request for feedback.
20 downloads I think how many people took 10 minutes to say it worked do you think.

I have no problems running any of the SP games under Vista. What should I say? "Yep, the issue I never had appears to have been fixed for those that did"?

Old April 30th, 2010, 08:46 AM

General

Imp is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Compiling patches is an automated process. With one or two major patches a year, an additional hour to provide a cumultative update isn't something I as a developer would lose sleep about
May well be the point is priority low on the to do list no fun & the Vista thing was not aimed at you just highlighting general attitude. If you cant spend 10 minutes do so something for yourself you sure cant to help someone else. Both Vista machines I fixed were not mine but I tried it on one & sent to the other then reported the results.

Strangely you have probably spent a reasonable chunk of time asking for this & yes it would be nice but so. Just because the majority do something the rest dont have to & this is by no means a main stream game so cant be compared.
How about they do the patch but you now need the CD in the drive to play it register or have an internet connection etc that would bring them in line.

Quote:
But occasionally, a bit more comfort for those sitting on the fence or those trying to convince friends to buy this game should be possible
Are you seriously telling me saving 10 minutes of your time would boost game sales?
Forget game play or the fact they may have downloaded the free version.
Refer to my above point this game is user freindly plug & play.

Points made they may get the inclination at some point but the impact is insignificant while a change to the way the game works or even unit details is not so why not concentrate on that.
They do seem to have a knack for coming up with new ideas so I say let them get on with it. Tis probably the only part they enjoy & why you still get support because most of it is data entry etc, tedious work.
Going to shut up now before I get in trouble
Old May 1st, 2010, 02:30 AM

Corporal

BadCompany is on a distinguished road

I have bought the games, thank you very much. I give, I don't just take. Imp, I don't know why you are getting so defensive. We are NOT degrading the game or criticizing the developers. Considering the fact both WinSPMBT and WinSPWW2 are the best selling games on the site, I think it shows we care. I was just making a suggestion.....no need to get all defensive.....it's all good....