.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > After Action Reports
Notices

Old May 14th, 2018, 06:34 PM

Second Lieutenant

SaS TrooP is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Vistula crossing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeraaa View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaS TrooP View Post
I am increasingly wishing to make scenarios for those AARs alone. They are so good!
Well fought!

I just wodner what happened with the last patch. I could swear that original scenario included modern munitions for Leopard 2PL since Poland has it - should be 120mm "Mesko" with 82cm RHA after the new patch. Probably an error during the update?

Thank you very much! Although the credit should go to you as well, since it is because I like your scenarios that I decided to make such detailed AARs. And more scenarios of that caliber are most welcome!

Regarding the Leos gun, I realized that when I saw that I couldn't penetrate the front hull or turret of a T-80UD, even at point blank range (when I should be able to at least penetrate the hull). The Leos in this scenario are equipped with the L44 firing West German 1987 ammo. They have a Sabot round with a penetration of 70 and a HEAT with a penetration of 60. That is true only for the Leos of the scenario however. If you go to the unit's info, you say that they should be equipped with the Mesko gun indeed with the 82 AP. I actually thought that you intentionally changed the gun so as to give worse ammunition that usual, possibly to make the scenario even more challenging. Maybe you gave Leo-2A4s to the Poles at first and then changed the unit? If that happen then maybe for some strange reason they kept their gun but nothing else.
That is negative. 34th Cavalry Brigade uses precisely the 2PL variant as it is (was) the best equipped unit in Polish army (originally there were 2 Leopard battalionss, but literally last year one was shipped to Warsaw and SAME CREWS got their T-72s back after ~15 years, which was a major scandal).

I am pretty sure DRG that I used 2PL variant with best ammunition in the original file. Is is also the point, as every nation in this series will get 2 scenarios (except of Slovakia maybe) - one with "typical" unit and one with "best line" unit, so I obviously do not want to cut on quality

Check this, it may require a fix for future patches.
Old May 14th, 2018, 07:00 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,687 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaS TrooP View Post
I am pretty sure DRG that I used 2PL variant with best ammunition in the original file. Is is also the point, as every nation in this series will get 2 scenarios (except of Slovakia maybe) - one with "typical" unit and one with "best line" unit, so I obviously do not want to cut on quality

Check this, it may require a fix for future patches.
Done, attached and in next patch.

FYI it's just the DAT file for the existing scenario slot number

Check it over
Attached Files
File Type: zip MBT spscn359-update.zip (227.3 KB, 481 views)

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
The Following User Says Thank You to DRG For This Useful Post:
Old May 29th, 2018, 07:26 AM

Second Lieutenant

jivemi is on a distinguished road

A stupendous battle with concise, informative write-up. Congratulations on the DV.

BTW how long in RL terms did this one take? The Bear Strikes (WP) took me about 15 hours. You had about twice as many units with considerably more possibilities to worry about. Cheers!
Old May 29th, 2018, 01:35 PM

Second Lieutenant

Aeraaa is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jivemi View Post
A stupendous battle with concise, informative write-up. Congratulations on the DV.

BTW how long in RL terms did this one take? The Bear Strikes (WP) took me about 15 hours. You had about twice as many units with considerably more possibilities to worry about. Cheers!

Thank you jivemi. I actually like making AARs and I want to make them as detailed as possible.

The battle took me about 18 hours in total, I think. It was around 6 days with 3 hours on average/day*. In general around 30-50% of my force was fighting/maneuvering to fight at all times, while the forces that weren't fighting were either idle, or were moved much faster and didn't need too much micromanagement (plus I use hotkeys a lot, which makes thing faster anyway).

*Though I do not include the time it took me to formulate a plan, which was significant in the beginning of the battle, less so during the end.
The Following User Says Thank You to Aeraaa For This Useful Post:
Old May 30th, 2018, 07:09 AM

General

Imp is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jivemi View Post

Its well worth playing for the clash, fair bit of shuttling units involved but okay as forces decisions, could have used the Leos better if had known but plan was pretty much same as Aeraaa.

Faired worse vs the BRMs with the kornets, every shot was a kill, my airforce worked better though got the anti air assets.
Only surviving USA tank was one I sent down to help ATGM teams and take advantage of smoke, had to pull him out and reload had a field day.
Battle for the top of the map was one of those oh were in all sorts of trouble moments, tanks to the left, tanks to the right & theres more.
If you leave playing it a while so you forget this knowledge that initial armour clash will take a good chunk of time as you try to figure out how to survive.
If your one of those people who dont like losing units dont play this things get quite intense.
Good scenerio you just think your getting the upper hand and it all goes horribly wrong.
Old June 2nd, 2018, 11:40 AM

Second Lieutenant

SaS TrooP is on a distinguished road

"If your one of those people who dont like losing units dont play this things get quite intense.
Good scenerio you just think your getting the upper hand and it all goes horribly wrong."

That was the bloody point with Byelorussians going in unsynchronized - it may be your advantage, but also may be your death sentence if you go to happy <3
Old June 3rd, 2018, 08:13 PM

General

Imp is on a distinguished road

Yes thanks you normally manage to throw a spanner in the works. Enjoyable requiring some thought in most cases.
WW3 3 days in one think it was, man that one was hard lot of thought required.