.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening

Old October 26th, 2009, 04:26 AM

Corporal

happygeek is on a distinguished road
Default OT: Planescape Torment text

Sorry, I have not been able to find this in my copious searches of the internet, but perhaps one of you can point me in the right direction?
Anyone remember Planescape: Torment? There was one small segment in which the main character is told a story. I would like to read the full text of this story, yet cannot find it anywhere, and I no longer have my PS:T discs to install the game, play through it, and find it thusly.
The story was very short, and involved a man waking up and being offered, I believe, a "third wish" by someone who appeared to be something like a witch. Confused, the man asks why a third wish, since he cannot remember having asked for others before; I believe the witch tells him this is because he has lost his memory. I forget myself, ironically. Does anyone know this story? I'd be particularly interested in the verbatim text, since I would like to quote this in a paper. If anyone can point me in the right direction, I would be grateful. Thank you!
Old October 26th, 2009, 06:25 AM

Private

nightrace is on a distinguished road
Default Re: OT: Planescape Torment text

This story is told by Morte. According to the source this text is taken directly from the game and only lightly edited:

"An elderly man was sitting alone on a dark path, right? He wasn't certain of which direction to go, and he'd forgotten both where he was traveling to and who he was. He'd sat down for a moment to rest his weary legs, and suddenly looked up to see an elderly woman before him. She grinned toothlessly and with a cackle, spoke: 'Now your *third* wish. What will it be?'"
"'Third wish?' The man was baffled. 'How can it be a third wish if I haven't had a first and second wish?'"
"'You've had two wishes already,' the hag said, 'but your second wish was for me to return everything to the way it was before you had made your first wish. That's why you remember nothing; because everything is the way it was before you made any wishes.' She cackled at the poor berk. 'So it is that you have one wish left.'"
"'All right,' said the man, "I don't believe this, but there's no harm in wishing. I wish to know who I am.'"
"'Funny,' said the old woman as she granted his wish and disappeared forever. 'That was your first wish.'"

I have uploaded the word doc here (starts at p.160):

http://www.feboshare.com/files/2745/..._-_Torment.doc
The Following User Says Thank You to nightrace For This Useful Post:
Old October 26th, 2009, 06:38 AM

Corporal

happygeek is on a distinguished road
Default Re: OT: Planescape Torment text

Excellent, perfect, thank you! I searched and searched but found only walkthroughs and FAQs. Great!