.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old May 13th, 2010, 02:57 PM

Second Lieutenant

Sir_Dr_D is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Dystopia - new poor game (Running)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rytek View Post
TC:

Amazing fight at your fortress. I can't recall ever watching a closer one. I think the only reason why my forces didnt route before yours was the 60 point and 40 point standard on my prophet and last remaining thug.

Watching your fully buffed immortal hero hold the gate was truly a treat. I openened the battle before looking at the summary, so I did not know the fate of the attack. Watching it, even right to the end I thought I had lost.

Truly an incredible job on your part. And like I said, I think the only reason I didnt route first were the 2 hero abilities with their outrageous standard boosting morale of the last remaining troops thru the roof.
Thanks. I had to use every last gem that I had for that battle. I wasn't expecting to win that battle, I was just hoping to weaken you as much as possible to help give jotunheim a chance. I was expecting this too be my immortal heros last heroic stand. Though I did expect him to get killed from being entagled in a vine shield and not from sleep gas. In watching it again I was surprised to find a killed all four of your melee thugs.

It was definatly the most exciting DOnminions battle I remember. Both sides had a wide mix of troops, regular summons, battle magic, melee thugs, and ranged thugs. It was very cauotic, and could have turned out in so many different ways. It is the way Dominions is supposed to be.
Old May 13th, 2010, 07:21 PM

Second Lieutenant

Rytek is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeldor View Post
It looks like we can congratulate Man on victory soon. It was obvious from the beginning that this game is about pure luck. And well, Man had most of it. Awake SC and first in research? Getting adepts of golden order? Getting so many good gold events? And how many commanders do you have? 100+? You managed to kill TC and own my army without any problem. I had to try and stop you and I knew chances are slim. Maybe others can try later too, but I'd say we can call game over, as I can compare what you have to what others can bring.

So - I make official request for a vote - surrender to Man and start new game. Nah, I'm serious, really.
I vote no. I am far from being in a dominant position.

/shrug.
I killed TC because he split his army; He could have come at me with his entire forces as I set up an ambush next to his capitol. He attacked only with his army and god. I boosted my pd and had a few surprises waiting for him that im sure he wasnt expecting. But, he could have sallied out with some of his mages from his capitol and killed the ambush. I didnt beat him because of my overpowering forces. The fight at his capitol could have gone either way. If he had put an amulet of MR on his immortal hero he most likely would have won the fight.

Your army died in a similar manner. You split your army and I guessed correctly and killed the bigger half of it using every single guy i had. That fight would have been alot closer if you hadnt split your army and pumped up some pd.

The fact remains you still have the most VP. And your armies continue to swell from death and blood summons.

I think the game is far from being over.
Old May 13th, 2010, 07:32 PM

Sergeant

GameExtremist is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rytek View Post

I think the game is far from being over.
I agree
Old May 13th, 2010, 08:44 PM

General

Zeldor is on a distinguished road

IT only means you know nothing about what's happening around. Your luck is impressive, your intel is pathetic

LA Agartha guide
Old May 14th, 2010, 06:45 PM

Second Lieutenant

Sir_Dr_D is on a distinguished road

Well I am mostly out of the game now.

But I agree with Zeldor. Man has won this game and there is little anyone can do about it at this time. He won do to finding that site that allows you to create adepts of the iron order, and enough gold events to be able to utilize them. He far surpases every one else in research, gems, and troops. He has numerous equipped lord wardens. Plus all the tactics he has used so far has been close to flawless. He would be a hard player to beat, even on equal footing. Jotuheims lead in victory points don't mean much now as Man now has my capital, can easily take Pangae, and will probably be able to take both of Jotunheims.
Old May 15th, 2010, 02:08 PM

Corporal

zlefin is on a distinguished road

i'd say the problem stemmed from the fact taht the magic site setting was wrong, otherwise this woudln't have happened, probably no adepts of the order; and not enough gems to equip lord wardens.
but it's not over at any rate, everyone jhust needs to start piling on man (or go for their own win faster if they can)
Old July 16th, 2010, 12:12 AM

Corporal

game has ended. winner: man played by rytek i think it said on page 1.
least i was alive at the end and had most research, and a passable game position.
Old July 16th, 2010, 08:28 AM

General

Zeldor is on a distinguished road

Lol, Mictlan was probably the most pathetic nation in the game. Wasting so much research...

LA Agartha guide
Old July 16th, 2010, 09:09 AM

Second Lieutenant

Rytek is on a distinguished road

GG all. I really enjoyed the settings. My first recruit of the game won it for me. It was a Witch with an E random. I set her off searching and she found the sight allowing me to recruit the Adepts of the iron order on turn 3. That same province also had the cedar pillars and another sight. It was making 12 gems a turn all by its self. Also, I believe it came with a lab! And then I got like 3 PD boosting events which boosted its PD to 55. lol. I got pretty lucky with events. Lots of gold and gem events. Got a Necromancer (Maerland killed him on a raid on one of my temples) got a level 4 air witch, and got the 3k gold event once.

Once I hit construction 4 I staged an attack on Pange using boots of glying and a few carpets of flying to gain surprise. I moved an army in behind my pretender and warden thugs. I had paralyze researched and a huge army of archers. But, even with my army and rexors barbarians I couldnt break the walls of pange with all his free spawns. TC attacked Pangea. I contacted Pangea player and we decided to attack TC. TC was more of a prize as he had a great gem income as well and I figured if I could make his lands mine, eventually I would win the game.

The battle of TC was definetly a gamble for me. That turn saw 1/2 my forces attacking TC and half attacking Jotuns army in my territory. My gamble paid off and I won both battles. Either one could have gone bad.

After that Ulm and Abysia attacked me. Agartha sent a large army at me which I ambushed at a choke point and killed with no losses. Was that frozen llama or his sub? I never quite understood that attack as (no offense) he came in quite dumb. I couldnt figure if it was overconfidence or desperation. In any case, Ctiss took advantage of Agarthas loss and attacked him. This allowed me to concentrate on killing Ulm while I generally counter attacked Abysia using remote spells and cutting of retreats and counter attacking any raids from Ryleh.

And finally, what was up with Mitclin? Did he understand the victory conditions? I never had any diplomacy with him. I opened every turn waiting for the attack that never came from him.
Old July 16th, 2010, 02:41 PM

Corporal

i was mictlan. i understood the victory cnoditions, i was just never able to do that well on them. the game went by faster than i thouht, and in particular, people were getting vps at the end faster than i expected, so i wasn't able to fully utilize my research.
i wanted to attack you Man, but i don't like pure air drops, and i had only one unit truly capable of that anyways. I much prefer to have a retreat route. I asked r'lyeh to let me hold one water province that would give me a route to you, but he refused. My only other route to you was through Pan, and Pan had already attacked me; so I warred with Pan (and he wasn't willing to attack you, so there's no reaosn not to fight him).
There were people heavily preaching and stealth preaching on my border (caelum) so i wasn't able to use immortal pretende3r to push.
I think i'd beat Pan in time, but game ended.
I got tarts awhile ago, but I found out they fare poorly vs manikin so I went up construction. Without the artifacts I didn't have high enough paths to summon the other cool things in high conj. I did send a force of 80-ish wights into Pan, it was doing decent, but never got into a major battle. My new poison golem died to some kitted Pans and a whole lotta chaff, though it kille dalot as well. Making an equipped poison golem a turn was gonna do good damage to Pan I think.
I didn't have enouh gems to try putting up the forge or anything vs the spells already up.
I might've been able to kill caelum, but I just didn't want to rirsk a war on multiple fronts.
I just got an air queen as game ended; and once I got up ench that would open up a few more good chassis for other gem types.
It's just hard to fight manikin/maenad Pan with scs. There's so mcuh chaff to get through.
Also one of my guys, an aesir i think, disappeared mysteriously. It successfully fled frmo a battle, had 3 valid provinces to retreat to, and it just wasn't tehre. very odd.

My build would've workedf better under 0 magicv settings, as i'd have had more gem advantage over people that way; as not too many people take magic 3. (which gives tosn of gems with luck 3)

and i didn't contact you Man, because no diplomacyw as necessary, i'd attack you when i could, just could never get a path to you.