.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old December 17th, 2011, 11:41 AM

Sergeant

mockingbird is on a distinguished road
Default Re: ANDalusian Sun: Anonymous LA Game for experienced players. (5/13 remaining)

I agree with WL and Lolomo.
Old December 17th, 2011, 01:17 PM

Sergeant

PriestyMan is on a distinguished road
Default Re: ANDalusian Sun: Anonymous LA Game for experienced players. (5/13 remaining)

Maerlande has some major RL issues atm, try and forgive him. Also, Bogarus is one of those positions you need someone totally insane to sub for. honestly imo this game is irreversably damaged without maerlande or calahan at the helm of bogarus.if you continue to play, whoever wins will have (imo again) a very tainted win.
Old December 17th, 2011, 02:31 PM

General

WraithLord is on a distinguished road

From what I know about Maerlande I get the impression that he's one of the top contributors to MP gaming, be it by subbing, helping newbs and organizing games etc. I know he wouldn't just ditch the game on a whim.

I'm truly sorry to hear that he has major RL issues and hope everything turns out ok for him.

As for this game - Bogarus turning AI is a complete disaster. I agree that the game should be one w/ Bogarus led by a vet player (b/c a newb in an all vets game may be worse than AI).
Old December 19th, 2011, 06:56 AM

First Lieutenant

Dimaz is on a distinguished road

I think I found a sub. I'll make a rollback now. Please don't send anything before it hosts again (sub player will need some time to get accustomed). Please delete trn and 2h files in your save folder for this game. In this case everything will go smooth.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dimaz For This Useful Post:
Old December 24th, 2011, 07:53 AM

Lieutenant Colonel

Amhazair is on a distinguished road

Damn, so Bogarus was playd by Calahan then. (Or maybe Maerlande allready by the time I was at war with them?) I was almost completely convinced I was tangling with Wraithlord again, the playstile seemed so familiar. (Of course, I had never before been in the same game with Calahan, and only once with Maerlande I think, so I had no sight on their playstile beforehand.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WraithLord View Post
From what I know about Maerlande I get the impression that he's one of the top contributors to MP gaming, be it by subbing, helping newbs and organizing games etc. I know he wouldn't just ditch the game on a whim.

I'm truly sorry to hear that he has major RL issues and hope everything turns out ok for him.
Yeap, that's the impression I had too, since comming back from being away. A belated thanks for subbing in for Maer, and hope things work out. (And that , there I say it, the holliday spirit will solve all problems like in the movies?)

Good thing you found a sub, how is the game going in the meantime, everyone still having fun? From looking at the graphs a few turns back I gathered the same suspects are still looking good & strong and it might be a very exiting finale? Though of course I can't see the evolution of the graphs on the llamaserver.
Old December 24th, 2011, 11:38 AM

First Lieutenant

LoloMo is on a distinguished road

Definitely having fun! Although not being able to talk about it lessens it a bit
Old December 24th, 2011, 01:42 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

Amhazair is on a distinguished road

Yeah, that's the big downside of RAND-style games.
Old February 6th, 2012, 07:05 AM

First Lieutenant

Bogarus sub says he doesn't want to continue playing as it's pointless. Should I try to find another one or ask him to turn AI?
Old February 6th, 2012, 03:54 PM

Sergeant

mockingbird is on a distinguished road

If Bogarus goes AI I think it will seriously impact the balance of powers in the game. If the game is to continue, I think a sub should be found.
Old February 6th, 2012, 04:33 PM

First Lieutenant

One of the player suggests that TC should be declared winner. I don't know what happens in the game at all, but if you agree or disagree please let me know.